Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assamite question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello everyone! I write here to ask help : I would try to create a version of the Assamite Warriors changing the Vizier of the mod .
My greatest difficulty is to change correctly the tutorial (only at the points where you have to use the Discipline of Clan to continue).

Thanks in advance for answers.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:48 am

Welcome Tony!
Zer0 would be the one to ask there. I think he has changed that particular line of code more often than any other coder, and most often with glowing success.
Or at least blood drenched success.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:33 pm

The easiest way is to remove the need for using Auspex in the first room and leaving all else, including the popups, as it is.
What you are looking for is in /vampire/python/tutorial/tutorial.py
Open the script with any text editor and find the function def OnKillDisc1():
Code:
def OnKillDisc1():
    print 'onkilldisc1'
    player = FindPlayer()
    if (IsClan(player, "Gangrel") or IsClan(player, "Malkavian") or IsClan(player, "Nosferatu")) \
        and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cPresence):
        UnlockDoorDisc1()
    elif IsClan(player, "Ventrue") and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cFortitude):
        UnlockDoorDisc1()
    elif (IsClan(player, "Brujah") or IsClan(player, "Toreador") or IsClan(player, "Tremere")) \
        and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cAuspex):
        UnlockDoorDisc1()
    else:
        logic = Find("logic_disc1_nodisc")
        logic.Trigger()
In the last "elif" line remove IsClan(player, "Brujah") or . Then add a new elif line below:
elif IsClan(player, "Brujah"): UnlockDoorDisc1()

This will open the next door for any Assamite after killing the Sabbat, regardless how they did it.
Just one thing, Python is a bitch for indentation, so it has to be exactly 4 spaces.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm

So ... it seems that the change interferes with the popup of the chopshop's door (not shown). It is also known from the fact that Jack does not move at it while the character goes to feed.

So strange...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:10 am

Check the date flags on tutorial.py and tutorial.pyc. Sounds like it didn't compile. I assume you put the new elif line before the else.
If tutorial.pyc is newer, there is some other problem. Then start a game, open the console and see if you can find some error message with a reference to tutorial.py.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:14 am

Meanwhile I attach here the part that I edited:

def OnKillDisc1():
   print 'onkilldisc1'
   player = FindPlayer()
   if (IsClan(player, "Gangrel") or IsClan(player, "Malkavian") or IsClan(player, "Nosferatu")) \
        and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cPresence):
       UnlockDoorDisc1()
   elif IsClan(player, "Ventrue") and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cFortitude):
       UnlockDoorDisc1()
   elifIsClan(player, "Toreador") or IsClan(player, "Tremere")) \
       and (G.Tutorial_Discflags & cAuspex):
       UnlockDoorDisc1()
   elif IsClan(player, "Brujah"):UnlockDoorDisc1()
   else:
       logic = Find("logic_disc1_nodisc")
       logic.Trigger()
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 pm

There must be a space between elif IsClan(player, "Brujah"): and UnlockDoorDisc1(). Or set Unlock... one line down with a second indentation. And make sure your editor uses SPACE and not TAB for the indentation. This function uses space, and python doesn't deal well with space and TAB in one function.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks, i'll try soon.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:51 pm

It still doesn't work. Doesn't matter: maybe Python is not for me.

However i read that Zero shares my passion for the Warrior Caste. Maybe i can hope for the future Very Happy

My great thanks to Malkav for his help!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Ah, now I see the problem.

elif (IsClan(player, "Toreador") or IsClan(player, "Tremere")) \

the bracket I set in red is missing, and if you have copied from the script also a space between elif and IsClan
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 pm

I'll try, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 pm

I played almost the entire Tutorial. It seem to work! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:00 pm

One more thing : I read only yesterday the discussion " Obeah and clairvoyance ." Is it true that you want to enter both Assamite warriors that the Followers of Set warriors? It would be really great , and (I assume... ) not difficult as they require no new Disciplines in addition to those implemented in FN. In fact, both are simple Clan's variants.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:22 am

Tony77 wrote:
One more thing : I read only yesterday the discussion " Obeah and clairvoyance ." Is it true that you want to enter both Assamite warriors that the Followers of Set warriors? It would be really great , and (I assume... ) not difficult as they require no new Disciplines in addition to those implemented in FN. In fact, both are simple Clan's variants.
The Warriors will replace the standard Setites, while the Assamite warrior caste will not be introduced
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:47 pm

MxM wrote:

The Warriors will replace the standard Setites, while the Assamite warrior caste will not be introduced

I understand. If so... peace. study You cannot have everything in life.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Tony77 wrote:

Hey Tony! Glad to hear you got the tutorial working with Malkav's help. Also to Malkav, thank you for helping him!

Anyways, to answer your question, in TFN 1.4 we'll be introducing the Warriors of Set clan replacing the standard Followers of Set. Basically, all this changes is that the Warriors have Potence instead of Obfuscate. I thought about replacing the Viziers with the Warrior caste to make "true" assassins, but I couldn't think of a good way to implement the caste weakness of diablerie.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Thank you! However, it is true, enter the weakness of Assamite Warriors is difficult. If I remember correctly (and tell me if I'm wrong) in VTMB you cannot bite other vampires/Kindred, right? If it were possible, and if the character is successful in his/her attempt to drain the enemy, maybe you might give a temporary bonus to the character.
Moreover you may think to simulate the thirst for vitae with a heavy penalty on the controls of the frenzy in battles with other Kindred (maybe -4 as Osebo has?)
I'm not a modder, so I don't know... Are these ideas feasible?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Tony77 wrote:
Thank you! However, it is true, enter the weakness of Assamite Warriors is difficult. If I remember correctly (and tell me if I'm wrong) in VTMB you cannot bite other vampires/Kindred, right? If it were possible, and if the character is successful in his/her attempt to drain the enemy, maybe you might give a temporary bonus to the character.
Moreover you may think to simulate the thirst for vitae with a heavy penalty on the controls of the frenzy in battles with other Kindred (maybe -4 as Osebo has?)
I'm not a modder, so I don't know... Are these ideas feasible?

You're correct, you can't bite other Kindred in Bloodlines. From a technical stand point, diablerie MAY be possible to pull off but the larger problem here is the lore of VtM. Diablerie is a really big deal in the Camarilla and is considered the ultimate sin punishable by death. If we did include diablerie, it would be have to be in a lore friendly way which would consist of a questline dedicated to it, along with re-writing or adding additional lines to the major NPCs. This is where we'd run into problems, at least doing it properly and professionally. This is why we scrapped the idea and kept the Vizier caste.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Ok, Are certainly not here to change their minds at the Staff. I thought it was possible to view the existence of schismatic Assamites (as written in the Assamite Clanbook).

I will console myself with the Salubri XD (and expect a new discussion focused right on them...).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Tony77 wrote:
Ok, Are certainly not here to change their minds at the Staff. I thought it was possible to view the existence of schismatic Assamites (as written in the Assamite Clanbook).

I will console myself with the Salubri XD (and expect a new discussion  focused right on them...).

I appreciate the ideas however, so keep em coming. We've talked about Diablerie for TFN for several years now and after listening to the loyal fans on why NOT to implement it, we've decided to heed their advice. We try to stick to lore as much as possible but occasionally take liberties because it IS a video game, and certain things can't be directly translated over from the PnP rulebook, but for the most part I think we've done a good job and keeping things grounded in lore.

Definitely check out the Salubri clan. I've noticed quite a few "Let's Play" videos appearing for the Salubri on Youtube over the past 6 months, seems their popularity among fans have picked up which is nice to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assamite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite question   Assamite question Empty

Back to top Go down

Assamite question
Page 1 of 1