Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?

Go down 
+4
SisterMalk
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
Eliza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? Empty
PostSubject: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Hey there!
I've just recently started playing Bloodlines with CE 1.3 (as probably a lot of others have ^^) and after a few hours of stupidly running errands for the prince ("Blablabla and then you do this and report back to me!" - Eeeeeh... hokay!), I found the time to check my mails in my new Haven downtown.
Very excited I indeed had been as I found an unexpected e-mail from Bertram in my mailbox telling me to ... aw ... shall I spoiler it?
Let's just say - skip that part if you don't want to ruin the surprise of this new little quest.
[Skipping Mode ON]
Well, I had just done the quest for Pisha - where you have to kill the Haunted LA guy - and the e-mail told me to pick up the blurry Nosferatu photo from the apartment to have it sent to Santa Monica.
[Skipping Mode OFF]
Anyway, there was no problem in completing the quest. The 'bug' itself is really only a minor thingy.
My quest log wasn't updated after reading the e-mail. I hadn't had a new quest in there or anything like that. Yeah, surprised me so I checked twice, but there really wasn't anything telling me what to do.
As soon as I had sucessfully sent the ... er ... thingy (avoiding making the spoiler useless Laughing ), the quest log was updated and I was told to check my mailbox again.
Er, well, seems like I'm some perfectionist, doesn't it? Neutral I'm not, believe me! *begs*
I just felt the need to post and tell someone...
Aw, for such a really itzy-bitzy tiny thing it took a text that long? I really need to stop babbling. Laughing
Anyway, thanks for your attention ... er ... yeah.
-El
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:37 pm

How cute are you Wink

You know I've never run that quest, I really need to because it sounds awesome! That must be the quest that Childe made that allows you to potentially get the Nos Haven earlier for completing. Ahhh, Childe's my hero!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Oops, this seems to be serious. I'm away until wednesday. After that I have to check it out further. I think I'll have to make a patch for this one.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:21 pm

I have doublechecked the problem. There has been one small typo, and that didn't only mess with the quest log, but also prevented Nossies from actually getting the Haven.

I'm working on it right now. If you have already installed CE 1.3, please go to the download center and download the upgrade file from 1.2 to 1.3 and install it.
If you are new to CE, please wait for the upload of the corrected full version to be completed.

The fix has "CE 1.3.01" in the Character Editor.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Quest does not work   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 am

This quest does not work for me.

Maybe it's because I did it the wrong way. I took the pic when I was there but did visit my haven and checking my mails later. I went to Bertram immediately after I got the mail but he has no dialog option for it. Then I received a second mail, hurrying up but again, no dialogue.

I got the pic with me.

Then I read this and patched with 1.2-1.3 as said above (used 1.3 before) but it still has no dialogue. What's going wrong?

I play as a malk.
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 am

You need to send the pic via your mail box. I did not think of it first playthrough and then received a second email telling me I was too late: quest failed. But then at the end game when I returned to Santa Monica to distribute some kicks around, the quest popped up again as an available quest. silent
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Kelben wrote:
You need to send the pic via your mail box.
this is quite errr irregular since you may bring bertram things by as you do with the data disk. well...

ok, i have the quest as failed too. what do you mean with "end"? and did you have your haven still in sm?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 am

Hey there.

There's a reason you can't hand Bertram the items yourself - he doesn't have valid dialogue fitting the quest. Otherwise Childe of Malkav would have surely used the dialogue files to enable this method. As is, you need to use your mailbox to send him anything, the same way you would send Gary the requested items for the poster quest.
And Bertrams quests fail if you don't do them very fast, at best immediately after you get the mails.

I think Kelben means the 'climax' of the game, the blood hunt part, to be precise, when Jack takes you back to your old haven at Santa Monica. (I'm pretty sure that's what he means because I get a questlog update there, too, saying that Bertram has a quest for me, even if I successfully completed the email quests and brought him his data cd, too.)
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

Eliza wrote:

I think Kelben means the 'climax' of the game, the blood hunt part, to be precise, when Jack takes you back to your old haven at Santa Monica. (I'm pretty sure that's what he means because I get a questlog update there, too, saying that Bertram has a quest for me, even if I successfully completed the email quests and brought him his data cd, too.)

ah, k. verstehe Wink
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes that is what I meant.
Back to top Go down
Sapient
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a mistake by me, but I gave Bertram the photo, and now he wants me to destroy the reports. I deleted the email and the quest info only says to go to the Cathayan's computer.

I'm not sure where I need to go to destroy the reports, but they definitely are not on Milligan's computer.
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:09 am

Sapient wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a mistake by me, but I gave Bertram the photo, and now he wants me to destroy the reports. I deleted the email and the quest info only says to go to the Cathayan's computer.

I'm not sure where I need to go to destroy the reports, but they definitely are not on Milligan's computer.

no. they are on the laptop of the cathayan,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sapient
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:11 am

Oh okay, thank you very much. I guess I shall go pay Knox a visit now.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:05 pm

Am I not getting something? You're only supposed to get something in your mailbox if your character is a Nosferatu, correct?

Off-topic, but still regarding Tung, I never understood (and this goes back to vanilla) why he responds "I'm loyal to my Primogen, and therefore loyal to the Camarilla." Is there some Camarilla Nosferatu Primogen skulking about somewhere, or is Gary is at least nominally loyal to the Camarilla regardless of his feelings towards LaCroix? Perhaps Gary is willing to express his true feelings about LaCroix within the safety of the Warrens, whereas Tung has to be a little more circumspect, with his freakin' cheese hangin' in the wind as compared to Gary's cheese.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:39 am

Yup, the Primogen as a council of the representative of the populous clans would most likely have a Nosferatu among them. The Nosferatu as a clan are loyal to one another because they know the other clans 'tolerate' them, they are not welcomed. As a result the different sects usually mean relatively little to them, Anarch, Camarilla and Sabbat Nosferatu will look out for their own - regardless of political boundaries other vampires set around themselves, after all, they don't have to live the rest of their unnatural existances with such a stigma and no need for such strong cohesion.

As a result Bertram is loyal to his Primogen... as a result, he is loyal to a representative in the Camarilla, and as such, the organisation itself.

There's also heavy implications that there are Nosferatu hiding in the warrens just watching you that you don't get to speak to.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm

8people wrote:
There's also heavy implications that there are Nosferatu hiding in the warrens just watching you that you don't get to speak to.

Do we need spoiler warnings? If so, by the clack-smack clacking of my thumbs, something spoiled this way comes:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?   Bertram needs you! ... Er, what? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bertram needs you! ... Er, what?
Page 1 of 1