Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch

Go down 
+8
Cretino
SaulottheGentle
MxM
Feral
Childe of Malkav
Jad.3
YamiRaziel
Dragatus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I really appreciate you saying that MxM, I was afraid it was because of my new Presence system because this has never happened to me before. If it has happened to you often, then I know it's not because of anything I did.

Thanks man! Very Happy

It happened with unmodded Bloodlines to me... Oh, our beloved buggy game...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
See now, this is why I hang out here, I love you guys!!  I love you  I love you  

And we love you back.

No homo.

Except for Feral.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

And we love you back.

No homo.

Except for Feral.

lol!

Poor moon moon! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

And you expected what exactly from immortal hemovorous predators? Twisted Evil

But it's cool how your playthrough is going well.

MxM wrote:
The Tourette bug happened to me with all the mods I played with, I just learned to save before talking to my favourite Malkavian Razz
Other than that I'm happy to know your playthrough is going well Very Happy

I really appreciate you saying that MxM, I was afraid it was because of my new Presence system because this has never happened to me before. If it has happened to you often, then I know it's not because of anything I did.

Thanks man! Very Happy
You are welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

And we love you back.

No homo.

Except for Feral.

lol!

Poor moon moon! Embarassed

I was going to bark at Dragatus, but you brightened my day Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Feel free to bark as much as you want, so long as you don't bite.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:20 am

Feral wrote:
I was going to bark at Dragatus, but you brightened my day Laughing
Brighten your day? And that's supposed to be good to a vampire? scratch

Dragatus wrote:
Nah, he won't bite. He'll just use you as a tree...

Zer0, have you played for long nonstop before the Tourette bug happened? Sounds like a typical cache overflow problem.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
I was going to bark at Dragatus, but you brightened my day  Laughing

That was a figure of speech, my good Sir...

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Dragatus wrote:

You say I should climb him...? Shocked
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:59 am

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Dragatus wrote:

Or maybe piss him lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:04 am

MxM wrote:
Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Dragatus wrote:

Or maybe piss him lol!

Dunno. Pissed off Tremere sounds like a problem...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0, have you played for long nonstop before the Tourette bug happened? Sounds like a typical cache overflow problem.

Yeah, I had been playing for 3 solid hours right before the sequence froze. Reloading fixed it and so did getting out the game and coming back in. I'm just glad to know it wasn't because of how I designed Presence in dialogue.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Feral wrote:
MxM wrote:
Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Dragatus wrote:

Or maybe piss him lol!

Dunno. Pissed off Tremere sounds like a problem...
Invite some Assamites and you can turn it into a party Twisted Evil
(Or invite a Salubri to turn it into a party for the Tremere Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Day #3 of my Alpha Test of TFN 1.4.

It was time to talk with Bertram to see how he could get me into the Sabbat warehouse. Before I spoke with him I decided I would try to steal the werewolf blood from the upstairs blood bank. I took the back way in, walked upstairs, and was approached by a friendly gentleman in a police uniform. He kindly asked me to leave, but with my control over his emotions with Presence 3, I figured I could seduce my way in. Unfortunately he's male and so am I, and clearly he's not gay, so seduction didn't work.

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Latest?cb=20150921193618&path-prefix=vtmb

I opened up my character sheet and I had a seduction of 5, and with Presence 3 I had a seduction of 6, but it wasn't enough. I next looked at my Intimidation which also gets a +1 bonus in dialogue with Presence 3. I only had an Intimidation of 1 for a total of 2, so I couldn't intimidate him. How about Persuasion? Well my Persuasion was 3, and I knew I didn't get the Presence bonus until Presence 4, so that was a no go too. ACK!

So, my only other option was pay the nice officer $50 to let me hang out in there, and since money is so scarce in 1.4, I decided to walk out. I'm going to have to find another way to get in there without him seeing me. And this is exactly why I love the changes to 1.4, you really have to think on how to tackle problems now, this is exactly what I was going for! Smile

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Latest?cb=20150522181739&path-prefix=vtmb

After I left the blood bank frustrated, I spoke with Bertram and told him I was ready to go. I showed up in the train yard armed with a baseball bat (for humans) and a knife (for kindred). You see, in 1.4 the bashing weapons do more damage than the lethal ones, but kindred get a 50% damage reduction to bashing weapons, so bashing weapons are better against humans while lethal are better again kindred, so it's wise to carry one of each.

I silently took out the first couple humans, then did a full engage with Presence 3 active getting me to the train. I climbed up the ladder and used the rafters to sneak around. I dropped down near the office undetected, then full engaged the humans inside. I planted the bomb and left. Suddenly a Toreador Antitribu busted through the back door armed with Presence and a shot gun. It was great having a Presence war but it seemed bringing a knife to a gun fight worked in my favor because every time I'd knock him down, he would try to stand and I'd knock him down again because my knife attacks were so fast. He never got a single shotgun blast on me (thank goodness).

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Latest?cb=20150522181731&path-prefix=vtmb

I proceeded to leave and was met by a Gangrel Antitribu. Once again, Presence 3 saved the day because it slowed his attack rate. I was able to get 1 knife swing in, then back up, and he'd miss me. He connected a few attacks but only got me to half health by the time I dusted him.

After that, I met up with Beckett and sure enough, my Presence didn't affect him in dialogue, he's just too strong for that. I went back and spoke with Bertram and my Presence didn't affect him either. It seems the Presence in dialogue is working perfectly so far, I'm so happy!

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Maxresdefault

Notes: After reviewing the clinic guard file, turns out males cannot seduce him, only females can, nor can he be persuaded AT ALL, by anyone. He can be bribed and he can be intimidated but you need a level 4 in intimidation.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:26 pm

MxM wrote:

Good thing that I'm a huge introvert and don't go anywhere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:01 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
MxM wrote:

Sometimes you don't have to go to the party because the party comes to you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:03 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
MxM wrote:

Don't worry. You could go with a guard dog. And an Middle Eastern gentelmen with a fanatical spark in his eyes... lol!

@Zer0: I am happy to hear that Persuasion works. But why is the guard unpersuadable? Is he an American? Laughing Sorry...
But seriously, what you have done looks great so far.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Feral wrote:
@Zer0: I am happy to hear that Persuasion works. But why is the guard unpersuadable? Is he an American? Laughing Sorry...

HAHA! I think this officer is part of a rare breed of police that actually takes his job serious. Wait! Nevermind, he still accepts bribes. Sad

Thanks for the kudos, I'm really excited about 1.4, the most excited I've been since the initial release of TFN. As I play the game, ideas keep cropping up on small things that I could do to improve the game further, and it's so tempting to stop the Alpha testing to start modding again, but I have to remain focused and finish the play through.

Specifically I'm having ideas of quests tailored to specific clans, much in the way I did for the Baali and "A Pyramids Deception". I'm thinking of ways that a Setite could earn extra experience by recruiting NPCs into the circle of Set, or Strauss locking the doors on the Salubri only to send assassins through out the game eventually confronting the Salubri for a final show down. Things of that nature. I have so many ideas. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

HAHA! I think this officer is part of a rare breed of police that actually takes his job serious. Wait! Nevermind, he still accepts bribes. Sad

Thanks for the kudos, I'm really excited about 1.4, the most excited I've been since the initial release of TFN. As I play the game, ideas keep cropping up on small things that I could do to improve the game further, and it's so tempting to stop the Alpha testing to start modding again, but I have to remain focused and finish the play through.

Specifically I'm having ideas of quests tailored to specific clans, much in the way I did for the Baali and "A Pyramids Deception". I'm thinking of ways that a Setite could earn extra experience by recruiting NPCs into the circle of Set, or Strauss locking the doors on the Salubri only to send assassins through out the game eventually confronting the Salubri for a final show down. Things of that nature. I have so many ideas. Exclamation Exclamation !:
If you persuade the nurse downstair you are there for the network you can persuade him to open the door to the controlled substance room... (4 or 5 persuasion iirc)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 pm

MxM wrote:

If you persuade the nurse downstair you are there for the network you can persuade him to open the door to the controlled substance room... (4 or 5 persuasion iirc)

I had to check the game files and you're right, you CAN persuade the nurse downstairs. Thing is, when you talk to the guard, you have a 50% chance of getting him to open the door, it's based on random chance.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:05 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:

I had to check the game files and you're right, you CAN persuade the nurse downstairs. Thing is, when you talk to the guard, you have a 50% chance of getting him to open the door, it's based on random chance.
Strange it always worked for me scratch , iirc it worked only after hacking (or trying to) the computer that controls the safe and door of the controlled substance room
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:48 am

Hm, why can't the guard be persuaded? He probably doesn't understand the concept because he is the person who, when he dropss off a cliff, has to stop halfway down and ask for directions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, why can't the guard be persuaded? He probably doesn't understand the concept because he is the person who, when he dropss off a cliff, has to stop halfway down and ask for directions. Very Happy

LOL

Quote :
Strange it always worked for me scratch , iirc it worked only after hacking (or trying to) the computer that controls the safe and door of the controlled substance room

When you persuade the nurse, you can go upstairs. The guard will tell you that you can't be up there, then you tell him the nurse sent you to fix the computer stuff... He'll let you stay up there, but if you ask him to open the doors for you and have a high enough Inspection, there's a 50% chance it will take you to the set of dialogue that will allow you in, and a 50% chance it will take you to a dialogue set that he won't, and you'll have to pay or lockpick your way in.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

LOL

Quote :

When you persuade the nurse, you can go upstairs. The guard will tell you that you can't be up there, then you tell him the nurse sent you to fix the computer stuff... He'll let you stay up there, but if you ask him to open the doors for you and have a high enough Inspection, there's a 50% chance it will take you to the set of dialogue that will allow you in, and a 50% chance it will take you to a dialogue set that he won't, and you'll have to pay or lockpick your way in.
Tried again today (6 times) in vanilla, with persuasion 5, only after hacking the computer and opening the safe he would let me in the room.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:22 pm

MxM wrote:
Tried again today (6 times) in vanilla, with persuasion 5, only after hacking the computer and opening the safe he would let me in the room.

Interesting, time to take a closer look then! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Well folks, I have good news and bad news! My Ishtarri made it to downtown so the first stop I made was Confession to seduce a blood doll. The first time I spoke with her, she said she was starting to think I ditched her, and I was able to feed from her. I was like... Ummm, we've never met before, what's going on? I reloaded and the same thing happened... did I encounter a bug?

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 TkeVq

I went back to the Asylum in Santa Monica and the blood doll there also allowed me to feed from her, which is what she should've done because I left her in that state. After I fed from her, I went back to Confession and the blood doll worked normally again. This is weird. After testing for awhile I figured out that something was broken.

2 hours of troubleshooting later, I figured out that I had made a mistake in the map files for all 4 clubs in that feeding from the SM blood doll would allow you to feed a 2nd time from each of the others, they were all tied to the same python script. How long had this been broken? Well, I created this system back in 2010 so it's been broken for 5 years and was never reported. WOW!

Unfortunately I had to start a new game because I had edited 3 map files, 1 of which I had already been to before. So, I'm trying to decide who to play with during this next Alpha test. I'm leaning heavily on the Baali clan but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch    Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with Zer0Morph about the upcoming TFN 1.4 patch
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next