Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kapalbility
Fledgling
Fledgling

Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 3:30 am

Hey guys! I am enjoying this game but I have a bug that I cannot seem to fix. Upon escaping out of Grout's Mansion (where you jump out the window) the next scene crashes. The next scene shows for a second (I can see a burning house) then inexplicably goes to another loading screen where it crashes.

Trying to teleport using console makes me lose important items, including bare fists and the wallet.

Playing Followers of Set Vampire, if that helps. Can Anyone help me out? I want to continue!

Here is a copy of the crash log.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:05 pm

I put your crash report in a spoiler window, just an fyi.

I had this issue when I had no clip activated via the console for game testing purposes. Do you by any chance have no clip on? If that's not it, here are some ideas off the top of my head.

Obviously you don't want to lose the progress of your character, here's some ideas.
1.) Confirm that you have compatibility mode running for Windows XP SP3, and have disabled visual themes and desktop composition.
2.) Confirm you are using 1.3.1
3.) You can try backing up the saved game and reinstalling everything from scratch. I see you installed it to "C:\Users\Rothman-PC\Desktop\GAMEZ\Vampires - The Masquerade Bloodlines - Final Night Mod\" which makes me think you installed it via CDs? I could be wrong. It's worth a shot.
4.) Also can you confirm you're using the vampire.exe, vampire.dll, and client.dll files from UP 9.4?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Kapalbility
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey man! I fixed this one by reinstalling a new copy, patching with Wesp's unofficial path, installing Final Nights, installing hotfix. Copied over save file. I still have a few bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking.

Some Minor Bugs I Found:

Buggy installation was unpatched version then install Final Nights. Install hotfix.

I will still answer the following so you can fix it on your next updates.

1.) Confirm that you have compatibility mode running for Windows XP SP3, and have disabled visual themes and desktop composition.
Yes, no, no

2.) Confirm you are using 1.3.1
Yes, installed 1.3 then hotfix over unpatched installation

3.) You can try backing up the saved game and reinstalling everything from scratch. I see you installed it to "C:\Users\Rothman-PC\Desktop\GAMEZ\Vampires - The Masquerade Bloodlines - Final Night Mod\" which makes me think you installed it via CDs? I could be wrong. It's worth a shot.
Nope. It is a pirated copy I had since five years ago.

4.) Also can you confirm you're using the vampire.exe, vampire.dll, and client.dll files from UP 9.4?
No. I was afraid to copy things over from other patches because the installation window says the game should be unpatched.

Anyway, thank you for the game. I love how it fks you over with some of the quests because you think you know the game already. Like that ambush from Therese in the Diner. Also, for the first time, both my lockpicking and hacking are at 10 LOL.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Quote :
- beach house and Gimble's office becomes locked after quests. (FN features say it should not be)
- missing laptops. Sample is Carson's and SM haven laptops. Could be a feature since Carson might have moved and player moved to downtown.
- Model Citizen auto fails upon entering Tawni's building.

- The beach house gate and Gimble's office door will remain open after completing the quest in 1.4.
- When Carson leaves, he takes his laptop with him, this is intended. Likewise when you leave your apartment and move, you take your laptop with you also, intended.
- Not sure what you mean about the model citizen auto failing.

Glad to hear you're having fun with TFN, look for 1.4 being released on Dec. 31st! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 am

Model citizen can fail if you don't enter the building in sneak mode. It seems some people can look through walls.
There is a similar unsolved issue if you want to take Nadia all the way into the Giovanni crypt.
Back to top Go down
Kapalbility
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 4:21 pm

I entered the building obfuscated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion   Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes Upon Escaping Grout's Mansion
Page 1 of 1