Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Baali Quest (And side quest question)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:29 pm

I've been playing through TFN 1.4, and it's been pretty good so far. But I've run into a problem with "A Pyramid's Deception" and "Gargoyle Removal Service".

I've been trying to talk to Strauss about the Gargoyle, but when I try to talk him into revealing that it's his gargoyle, the dialogue option never works, or simple doesn't appear. I've tried boosting my Persuasion, my Inspection, and both at the same time to try figure out if it was just a feat issue. Nothing's worked thus far.

Also, will this let me complete A Pyramid's Deception? I didn't refuse LaCroix's haven offer, and it's too far into the game to simply load a previous save. (I figured that refusing it shouldn't hurt my relations with the Tremere and that I'd still be able to live at the chantry)


Aside question: Where do I find the new side quests? I've almost completed the main story, and have only found 2 of the new quests, the one introducing and the one given by Akeem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:42 pm

In order to make line 435 appear, you must meet 2 conditions.

1.) Your Inspection must be level 5 or higher.
2.) G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 0.

The only thing I can think of is that G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 1 or higher in your game. I would have to do some research to find out what triggers G.Regent_Gargoyleinside to equal a value of 1 or higher.

Code:
{ 431 }{ A Gargoyle, put simply, is a creature that was created to protect the Tremere clan in the early years of our existence. They are very powerful, and not to be trifled with. }{ A Gargoyle, put simply, is a creature that was created to protect the Tremere clan in the early years of our existence. They are very powerful, and not to be trifled with. }{ # }
{ 432 }{ The Tremere "created" them? }{ The Tremere "created" them? }{ 441 }
{ 433 }{ Do the Gargoyles still serve the Tremere? }{ Do the Gargoyles still serve the Tremere? }{ 451 }
{ 434 }
{ 435 }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ 481 }{ G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0) and pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") > 4 }
{ 436 }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ 461 }{ pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") < 5 }
{ 437 }{ A few more questions about Gargoyles... }{ A few more questions about Gargoyles... }{ 421 }

For your chantry haven question, getting the chantry haven doesn't have anything to do with the Gargoyle quest. You have to complete the Plague Bearer quest, have a certain level of Persuasion, and refused or ignored LaCroix's offer to take the Skyline haven. Meeting these 3 conditions will get you the chantry haven and will complete "A Pyramid's Deception" questline, earning you XP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
In order to make line 435 appear, you must meet 2 conditions.

1.) Your Inspection must be level 5 or higher.
2.) G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 0.

The only thing I can think of is that G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 1 or higher in your game. I would have to do some research to find out what triggers G.Regent_Gargoyleinside to equal a value of 1 or higher.

I had a similar problem and couldn't get the regent talking about the gargoyle even with 7 Inspection scratch (with 2 different characters)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
In order to make line 435 appear, you must meet 2 conditions.

1.) Your Inspection must be level 5 or higher.
2.) G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 0.

The only thing I can think of is that G.Regent_Gargoyleinside must equal 1 or higher in your game. I would have to do some research to find out what triggers G.Regent_Gargoyleinside to equal a value of 1 or higher.

Code:
{ 431 }{ A Gargoyle, put simply, is a creature that was created to protect the Tremere clan in the early years of our existence. They are very powerful, and not to be trifled with. }{ A Gargoyle, put simply, is a creature that was created to protect the Tremere clan in the early years of our existence. They are very powerful, and not to be trifled with. }{ # }
{ 432 }{ The Tremere "created" them? }{ The Tremere "created" them? }{ 441 }
{ 433 }{ Do the Gargoyles still serve the Tremere? }{ Do the Gargoyles still serve the Tremere? }{ 451 }
{ 434 }
{ 435 }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ 481 }{ G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0) and pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") > 4 }
{ 436 }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ Do you know who created this Gargoyle, Max? }{ 461 }{ pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") < 5 }
{ 437 }{ A few more questions about Gargoyles... }{ A few more questions about Gargoyles... }{ 421 }

For your chantry haven question, getting the chantry haven doesn't have anything to do with the Gargoyle quest. You have to complete the Plague Bearer quest, have a certain level of Persuasion, and refused or ignored LaCroix's offer to take the Skyline haven. Meeting these 3 conditions will get you the chantry haven and will complete "A Pyramid's Deception" questline, earning you XP.

Okay, thanks for the info. What effect does G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0 have in-game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Quote :
I had a similar problem and couldn't get the regent talking about the gargoyle even with 7 Inspection scratch (with 2 different characters)

After further viewing, G.Regent_Gargoyleinside may be the problem and I still haven't found what changes it from 0 to 1. There's a trigger in the game somewhere that the character does to change it. I may need to make some modifications to get this changed because if you have G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 1, then the lines won't appear at all.

Quote :
Okay, thanks for the info. What effect does G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0 have in-game?

It's simply a condition that tells the game whether or not to allow the lines to be spoken to the Regent. The original lines didn't have the Inspection condition attached so I may need to adjust this.

Edit: Take a look at this...

{ G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0) and pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") > 4 }

Where's the other comma? I'm thinking the ) should be removed after the 0. I'm thinking this is why the line isn't appearing, the condition isn't written properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Quote :
I had a similar problem and couldn't get the regent talking about the gargoyle even with 7 Inspection scratch (with 2 different characters)

After further viewing, G.Regent_Gargoyleinside may be the problem and I still haven't found what changes it from 0 to 1. There's a trigger in the game somewhere that the character does to change it. I may need to make some modifications to get this changed because if you have G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 1, then the lines won't appear at all.

Quote :
Okay, thanks for the info. What effect does G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0 have in-game?

It's simply a condition that tells the game whether or not to allow the lines to be spoken to the Regent. The original lines didn't have the Inspection condition attached so I may need to adjust this.

Edit: Take a look at this...

{ G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0) and pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") > 4 }

Where's the other comma? I'm thinking the ) should be removed after the 0. I'm thinking this is why the line isn't appearing, the condition isn't written properly.
I'll edit the file, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 pm

MxM wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

I'll edit the file, thanks Very Happy
I'm unfamiliar with VtM code, what file should I edit?


Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the quote)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:26 am

I believe Zer0 didn't yet use the mod loader, so it should be /vampire/dlg/main characters/regent.dlg.
If you use the mod loader it is /TFN (or whatever it is called in your installation) instead of /vampire.
It's a plain text file, so notepad will do.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I believe Zer0 didn't yet use the mod loader, so it should be /vampire/dlg/main characters/regent.dlg.
If you use the mod loader it is /TFN (or whatever it is called in your installation) instead of /vampire.
It's a plain text file, so notepad will do.

Correct, I have not yet released a mod loader version of 1.4, but the path Malkav stated above is where you need to go, then open regent.dlg (with notepad) and edit it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Mars
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Quote :
I had a similar problem and couldn't get the regent talking about the gargoyle even with 7 Inspection scratch (with 2 different characters)

After further viewing, G.Regent_Gargoyleinside may be the problem and I still haven't found what changes it from 0 to 1. There's a trigger in the game somewhere that the character does to change it. I may need to make some modifications to get this changed because if you have G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 1, then the lines won't appear at all.

Quote :
Okay, thanks for the info. What effect does G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0 have in-game?

It's simply a condition that tells the game whether or not to allow the lines to be spoken to the Regent. The original lines didn't have the Inspection condition attached so I may need to adjust this.

Edit: Take a look at this...

{ G.Regent_Gargoyleinside == 0) and pc.CalcFeat("Inspection") > 4 }

Where's the other comma? I'm thinking the ) should be removed after the 0. I'm thinking this is why the line isn't appearing, the condition isn't written properly.

Book (Thaumaturgical Creatures) is missing from Tremere chantry. I have inspection 10 and still I could not find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm at work so I can't recall but I'm thinking that I removed it to use the item for something else. Again I can't be sure on that but I'm thinking that's what happened. I don't think the book actually had a function other than something to promote the lore of the game. Again correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:45 pm

I don't know what you did to the book in TFN, but afaik in vanilla bloodlines you need it to get the hint to ask Strauss about gargoyles.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mars
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:23 am

To my knowledge you need book to get that dialog. It worked fine in 1.3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:12 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I don't know what you did to the book in TFN, but afaik in vanilla bloodlines you need it to get the hint to ask Strauss about gargoyles.

Mars wrote:
To my knowledge you need book to get that dialog. It worked fine in 1.3.

The book isn't necessary in 1.4. After fixing that little error in the dialogue code, I was able to ask Strauss more about the gargoyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:44 pm

TheBreadMan wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
I don't know what you did to the book in TFN, but afaik in vanilla bloodlines you need it to get the hint to ask Strauss about gargoyles.

Mars wrote:
To my knowledge you need book to get that dialog. It worked fine in 1.3.

The book isn't necessary in 1.4. After fixing that little error in the dialogue code, I was able to ask Strauss more about the gargoyle.
It's not necessary to get the dialog but why should you ask Strauss about Gargoyles then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Quote :
The book isn't necessary in 1.4. After fixing that little error in the dialogue code, I was able to ask Strauss more about the gargoyle.

So that extra little comma was the problem then? Awesome! I'll have to add that to my list of things to fix for the 1.4.1 hotfix which I can release after figuring out the Auspex and Presence/Passive Disciplines bug. 1.4 is going to be a very solid game once these 2 bugs can be fixed.

Quote :
It's not necessary to get the dialog but why should you ask Strauss about Gargoyles then?

Help me understand, it's been awhile for me. Isaac asks you to rid the gargoyle from the theater. At this point, the character would have no knowledge to ask Strauss about the gargoyle because the character shouldn't know Tremere have anything to do with gargoyles. Other than the book in the chantry, are there any other tips that would lead the character to ask Strauss about it?

Perhaps an email from "a friend" could replace the book since I used it for other things?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4198
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:


Perhaps an email from "a friend" could replace the book since I used it for other things?

That seems like a solid idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Feral wrote:

That seems like a solid idea.

Kid tested, mother approved!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Zer0morph wrote:
Perhaps an email from "a friend" could replace the book since I used it for other things?
That is an option. But when will you make it appear. I usually don't return to my haven when I'm doing quests in Hollywood unless I have a quest related reason to go to Santa Monica or Downtown.

Another option would be to put a computer in the chantry library and have the texts about homunculi and gargoyles there.
If you don't want the whole text there, make a library index that includes the topic of gargoyles.
Or instead of a real book make it a readable note or trigger a popup with the text.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:11 pm

You've got a good point Malkav, why would the player walk all the way back to their haven to read the email. I really like the computer idea where we could have an archive of Tremere "secrets" like gargoyles and homunculi. Perhaps we could even have blood ritual information or something else as well. We could even lock the computer giving the player an incentive to hack into it for extra experience. There's quite a bit we could do there actually.

A note would work too, but now you have my brain brimming with ideas for a password locked computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4198
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:55 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
You've got a good point Malkav, why would the player walk all the way back to their haven to read the email. I really like the computer idea where we could have an archive of Tremere "secrets" like gargoyles and homunculi. Perhaps we could even have blood ritual information or something else as well. We could even lock the computer giving the player an incentive to hack into it for extra experience. There's quite a bit we could do there actually.

A note would work too, but now you have my brain brimming with ideas for a password locked computer.

I like the computer idea. Small XP is nice too.
But make the password rather easy, like "Pyramid" rather than "4%ggg^&(0". Something the player could guess even without a lot in Hacking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 484
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 pm

chantry
regent
neonate
baldvampire
eliza
lacroixsux
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4198
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Cretino wrote:
chantry
regent
neonate
baldvampire
eliza
lacroixsux

The last one is below Max, I think. He is a gentlemen. He might kill you and smile, but he would heve never scooped so low as to utter obscenities doing so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 484
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:51 pm

thaumathurgy
gentleman
0morph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:40 pm

Feral wrote:
Cretino wrote:
chantry
regent
neonate
baldvampire
eliza
lacroixsux

The last one is below Max, I think. He is a gentlemen. He might kill you and smile, but he would heve never scooped so low as to utter obscenities doing so.
I agree. While it most probably is his opinon it certainly isn't his style.
Hm, maybe Vienna, or then probably Wien like it's spelled where he comes from.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Baali Quest (And side quest question)   Today at 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Baali Quest (And side quest question)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hello question about pet's
» Clan Quest Mod Information
» Jonny Quest: Cover Up at Roswell
» Progress on TFN 1.1
» Where to find the 3rd item in "Wizard Quest" (Bubble Quest)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: