Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling
TheBreadMan

Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working Empty
PostSubject: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:26 pm

So, it's me again, with another strange issue:
I've gotten to the Parking Garage quest, but whenever I use passive disciplines, Blood Buff, Blood Heal, Potence, and Presence, nothing happens. My attack disciplines from Serpentis are working fine, but the passive ones have stopped completely. When I activate them, the visual effect appears, except for with Presence, the sound effect plays, and I lose blood, but Blood Buff and Potence don't boost my stats, Heal doesn't heal, and Presence doesn't lower my enemies'. I can tell, because none of them have run away or become mesmerized.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:55 pm

What level of Presence do you have?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling
TheBreadMan

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:01 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
What level of Presence do you have?
Three,
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Figures...

I'm going to repost a conversation I had with someone from ModDB regarding this problem.

Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working 2vjcrrq
Back to top Go down
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling
TheBreadMan

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Well, damn. Not much I can say other than if you find a solution, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 5:50 pm

TheBreadMan wrote:
Well, damn. Not much I can say other than if you find a solution, let me know.

If/When a solution is found, I'll be releasing a hot fix immediately, believe me!
Back to top Go down
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling
TheBreadMan

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:21 pm

I think I may have found something, going through some of my previous saves. The Passive Disciplines stopped working around the Elizabeth Dane quest.

Specifically: Right before talking to Mercurio, the disciplines worked. But the Disciplines stopped working right after the dialogue with Mercurio, just before going to the Dane.

I hope that helps find a solution.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:45 pm

That is indeed very helpful, thank you. Quick question, what level was your Presence at that time? Also, I've heard reports of people losing their disciplines immediately after completing the Plague Bearer quest, which typically happens around the same time as the Dane, depending on which quest you do first. It seems the disciplines work all through Santa Monica, but stop working shortly after arriving to Downtown.

Any other testing would be quite helpful as well.
Back to top Go down
TheBreadMan
Fledgling
Fledgling
TheBreadMan

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:10 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
That is indeed very helpful, thank you. Quick question, what level was your Presence at that time? Also, I've heard reports of people losing their disciplines immediately after completing the Plague Bearer quest, which typically happens around the same time as the Dane, depending on which quest you do first. It seems the disciplines work all through Santa Monica, but stop working shortly after arriving to Downtown.

Any other testing would be quite helpful as well.

Sorry for the late reply. My presence was Three when I spoke to Mercurio.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down
CuriousTraveler
Fledgling
Fledgling
CuriousTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Zer0Morph first off love this mod!

Not meaning to add to any frustrations with this issue. But, it seems this problem can happen anytime you are speaking to someone After arriving Downtown.

I have tested this right after I arrived Downtown and discovered:

Patty, Venus, and the Blood Doll in Confessions,
The Russian you speak to for Venus,
The Bums you speak to for Fun with Pestilence quest, and
Mercurio before going to the Dane can cause this bug.

It does not seem to happen after speaking with anyone in an Elysium area, at least I was not able to force the bug.

There also seems to be a correlation with using another passive ability right after speaking with one of them,
First realized this when speaking with the Russian(for Venus) as I used Bloodbuff right after, because he attacked me.
In Confessions it seemed to also happen when going from speaking to the Blood Doll to Venus quickly.

I am pretty new to the modding of this game since I am just now coming back to it after around a 6 year hiatus. After digging through the files it appears that the implementation of this new feature for Presence is a complex process, as I have yet found out exactly how you did it, more over looking how the feature activates and deactivates during a conversation. Which is just more kudos to you. Hope my casual observations can be of some use to you.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:10 pm

I appreciate the post Traveler!

The system works like this, when you speak to any NPC in the game, a python script runs to check and see if you have Presence level 3 or higher. If you do, you are given an item which gives you the effect. Unfortunately, effects can't be taken away via script so at the end of dialogue, another item is given to you that removes the effect and then the script removes both items from your inventory.

My thoughts are that somehow the items are piling up over time and not being removed properly so I may write a script that checks for these items every time you enter a map, and if you have them then the script will remove them. I just need to find time to do it.

Basically TFN runs on a bunch of ugly hacks to make it all work and it's a very delicate system so if you mess with anything, it all breaks down. Very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
CuriousTraveler
Fledgling
Fledgling
CuriousTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Oh wow yeah have to walk on egg shells with this game then, my mod experience is pretty much exclusively Skyrim and Fallout 3-4, which I have to say is pretty easy.

After looking through the threads here and on planet vampire, I realized this game is like
"Old Yeller" instead of putting him out of his misery, you guys adopted him from a shelter and nursed him back to health.

Job well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working   Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working Empty

Back to top Go down

Passive Disciplines Completely Stop Working
Page 1 of 1