Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are you on the political spectrum?

Go down 
+8
malak
MxM
Zer0Morph
Feral
Jad.3
Dragatus
SaulottheGentle
Karavolos
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:54 am

Feral wrote:
I think we should roll back to Absolute Monarchy. The type "by Divine Grace". Elected officials will only look to fill their pocets and provide good start for their kids. Fuck all the rest. A monarch is bound to do the same. But as an unelected, hereditary civil servant and de facto owner of the state, he could do so only by making the state strong, rich and competitive. Or fail and fuck up his children's future.

Unless the monarch is incompetent too, which happens. Problem with humanity is that we're too damn greedy more often than not and there are no watchers of the watchers. I think the fossil fuel industries are good examples of people who are willing to fuck the future of their successors for personal profit; who cares if the planet goes to hell in a few hundred years? Hell who cares about fifty years? We're making money now! They're probably old and scrawny too and don't have to bother that far into the future.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 3:15 pm

The reason why I've started leaning towards having an AI overlord is because IMO the hypothetical ideal government is enlightened absolutism, but the problem is finding the right person for the top job, preventing said person from becoming corrupted, and ensuring proper succession. An AI would solve the last two issues. The problem remains actually developing an AI that can both do the job and not enslave/murder us all.

Essentially, I think it's something we will eventually be forced to do, but it's also a thing that we can't afford to do wrong.

MxM wrote:
Feral wrote:

As for an AI: well, a fucktard on a throne could have an "accident". Skynet could not.
What about Hacker attacks and viruses? Or the usual science-fiction theme of the AI going full-dictator mode  lol! ?

That's why we need to be super careful about implementation.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Dragatus wrote:
The reason why I've started leaning towards having an AI overlord is because IMO the hypothetical ideal government is enlightened absolutism, but the problem is finding the right person for the top job, preventing said person from becoming corrupted, and ensuring proper succession. An AI would solve the last two issues. The problem remains actually developing an AI that can both do the job and not enslave/murder us all.

Essentially, I think it's something we will eventually be forced to do, but it's also a thing that we can't afford to do wrong.

MxM wrote:
Feral wrote:

As for an AI: well, a fucktard on a throne could have an "accident". Skynet could not.
What about Hacker attacks and viruses? Or the usual science-fiction theme of the AI going full-dictator mode  lol! ?

That's why we need to be super careful about implementation.
I agree on the enlightened absolutism as ideal government as democracy in states with more than a milion citizen are de facto oligarchy.
For the right person for the job I also agree, as for now I don't think our technology can build such a complex AI. As far as defence are concerned history taught us no matter how resistant the armor, there will always be something capable of penetrating it (from medieval armor to tank and firewall are no different). We should have a team of hacker to continuosly monitoring the AI safety, but the question comes back (as always) "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?".
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 5:15 pm

We should just build a huge system based around the virtues of rock, paper & scissors bounce
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Feral wrote:
I think we should roll back to Absolute Monarchy. The type "by Divine Grace". Elected officials will only look to fill their pocets and provide good start for their kids. Fuck all the rest. A monarch is bound to do the same. But as an unelected, hereditary civil servant and de facto owner of the state, he could do so only by making the state strong, rich and competitive. Or fail and fuck up his children's future.

Unless the monarch is incompetent too, which happens. Problem with humanity is that we're too damn greedy more often than not and there are no watchers of the watchers. I think the fossil fuel industries are good examples of people who are willing to fuck the future of their successors for personal profit; who cares if the planet goes to hell in a few hundred years? Hell who cares about fifty years? We're making money now! They're probably old and scrawny too and don't have to bother that far into the future.

I thought your argument through and I think it is invalid, as you based it on an incorrect assumption. Executives of a company do not care too much: they could be managers somewhere else. Shareholders do not care for the long run either; they could reap the dividend and then sale the shares. Problem with big companies is they have CEIs, not real owners who would have cared for the future, if only to pass the property onto their children. Think of noble famielies of Europe, China, India or Japan: they were generally ready to eat shit grinning to ensure their landholdings stay intact or better still, grow in size and prosperity.

A president could or aprime minister could find other employment. Kong could get beheded if he fails. Ask Louis XVI...
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Yeah cuz the French Revolution was not caused by the country being fucked by the rich elites all the time. The Kim regime in North Korea really cares about the state of his country, for he is the great leader up on his throne. I'm sure the Ottomans were happy when Sultan Mustafa nearly broke the empire apart. Twice.
Hey, they can just become leaders somewhere else, why would they care?

Sarcasm mode aside, a good leader- monarch or otherwise -is of course a great thing for the country and such a leader would undoubtedly be better off if he/she can just do what must be done without being hampered by shiteaters who don't like them; but being a leader in and of itself does not equate greatness. There are plenty of examples of leaders who ruin shit whether out of incompetence or out of callousness. Monarchy alone is not the answer, it's a matter of finding the right people for the job, which is easier said than done.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 9:02 am

Oh hey.

Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 Chart?ec=0.13&soc=2
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 am

We may agree on things... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 10:32 am

Insipired by a post I've seen on Facebook.

"The four themes of the Political Spectrum"

Right Authoritarian:

Left Authoritarian:

Right Libertarian:

Left Libertarian:
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm pretty sure you got the left libertarian one wrong. I don't identify with it at all. This would be better:

It would still be mocking, but in a way I can relate to.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 pm

An alternate theme for Right Authoritarian

Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:23 am

Oh, that one is good.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Since you brought this topic to Star Wars. A Jedi wields a light saber. What about Sith Lords? They have a dark saber? scratch
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Yes

Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 Latest?cb=20110918165551
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber

And also this
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_sword
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Another political quizz

Who are you on 1917 Russia?
http://arzamas.academy/materials/1269

I am a Menshevik Defendist
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:31 am

I landed as a Cadet. Surprise, no?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:50 am

I got Menshevik Internationalist.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am

Dragatus wrote:
I got Menshevik Internationalist.

Filthy foreigner scum. Resdayn belongs to the Dunmer.

Feral wrote:
I got Cadet.

I am surprised.

Well that was a shitty quizz. No description of why you are what you are or anything. Forgive me for having waste your time.
I shall cleanse my honor by commiting sudoku:
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am

You are surprised I got a tsarist right winger?

It was a nice quiz, but the result could have been more enlightening, that is true.

Nevertheless, if you dream of penetration:
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Center SR here. Meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are you on the political spectrum?   Where are you on the political spectrum? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are you on the political spectrum?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2