Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 1.4.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: 1.4.1   Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:12 am

Ok so i stopped playing because of those bugs, but i don't want to play 1.3 because auspex and presence don't have the new cool features.
When do ou think the bugs will be fixed? i don't want a date,just tell me "1-2 months","after the summer/before christmas","in 2020" etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4198
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:02 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
Ok so i stopped playing because of those bugs, but i don't want to play 1.3 because auspex and presence don't have the new cool features.
When do ou think the bugs will be fixed? i don't want a date,just tell me "1-2 months","after the summer/before christmas","in 2020" etc...

I think in the future...



Sorry. Zer0 only knows, to be serious. It depends on his TNF drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:49 pm

i know,so i hope he can answer as precisely as possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Invoker,

I would love to give you an exact answer, and to be perfectly honest I wish the bugs were already fixed, tested, and released, so I could get this TFN monkey off my back. Over the past 2 years my passion for modding Vampire has declined significantly, to the point where I really have no interest anymore. I come on this website often for the people, relationships, and to support the mod/community that I invested so much time in since 2009. I still care greatly for the people and the fans here, but not so much the modding side of it.

With that said, I will also come clean and admit that Malkav graciously stepped in last month and fixed the Auspex and Presence bug, but neither of us have much desire to actually test to see if it works. He made a post asking if people would care to test it and he got no response back (which indicates how much the community wants these bugs fixed). Because of the lack of response, I don't feel any pressure to hurry on testing it either.

So, when will it be fixed, tested, and released? The short answer is... when I get the desire to do it. When will that be? I don't know... hopefully sooner rather than later, but right now I'm engrossed with Skyrim - Requiem and I've re-fallen in love with that game. That's where my passion lies at the moment.

I hope that answer helps you even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Hm, I could cobble something together on the weekend. But that would be untested because atm I have no desire at all to play bloodlines, and even less for TFN.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 pm

since it's just a bug bug fix i hope it won't take long. i'm not asking fore rebalancing (even if needed) or new features here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:46 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
since it's just a bug bug fix i hope it won't take long. i'm not asking fore rebalancing (even if needed) or new features here.

To you, it doesn't seem like you're asking for much, but to us, it's a lot, trust me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, I could cobble something together on the weekend. But that would be untested because atm I have no desire at all to play bloodlines, and even less for TFN.

You've already done so so much for TCI, CE, and TFN. You don't need to burden yourself with anything further. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
TheInvoker wrote:
since it's just a bug bug fix i hope it won't take long. i'm not asking fore rebalancing (even if needed) or new features here.
To you, it doesn't seem like you're asking for much, but to us, it's a lot, trust me.


i don't know how much work you have to do but it's usually not a good thing to release something bugged. I know that every new game has bugs but i also know that fix and patches comes out very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:19 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
TheInvoker wrote:
since it's just a bug bug fix i hope it won't take long. i'm not asking fore rebalancing (even if needed) or new features here.
To you, it doesn't seem like you're asking for much, but to us, it's a lot, trust me.


i don't know how much work you have to do but it's usually not a good thing to release something bugged. I know that every new game has bugs but i also know that fix and patches comes out very soon.
Usually when a new game is out it has behind it a team of programmers that get paid to fix bug and patch it. TFN is free and it's all on Zero's (and Malkav's) shoulders and they do it for free in their free time that they could use for doing other things they like Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:54 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
i don't know how much work you have to do but it's usually not a good thing to release something bugged. I know that every new game has bugs but i also know that fix and patches comes out very soon.

Yeah, we did it on purpose to screw with our fans who have been loyal to us for the past 6 years. You know we do all of this for free right? scratch

MxM wrote:
Usually when a new game is out it has behind it a team of programmers that get paid to fix bug and patch it. TFN is free and it's all on Zero's (and Malkav's) shoulders and they do it for free in their free time that they could use for doing other things they like Smile

Thanks MxM I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
TheInvoker wrote:
i don't know how much work you have to do but it's usually not a good thing to release something bugged. I know that every new game has bugs but i also know that fix and patches comes out very soon.

Yeah, we did it on purpose to screw with our fans who have been loyal to us for the past 6 years. You know we do all of this for free right? scratch

i didn't say that.
I said every new game has bugs so it's not a problem if some bugs are found after the release. i only said that would be nice if the fix comes fast.

and i also know this is not your job and you don't do it for money so i understand that a patch/fix can arrive later,but it would be to bad if you release a new version of the mod and after finding some bugs you think "oh wait now i don't want to work on it,they can play 1.3.1
This is a thing you can think after every new release...i mean..after 1.3 you could wait 2 years before releasing a new one,but bugs are a different case in my opinion

MxM wrote:
Usually when a new game is out it has behind it a team of programmers that get paid to fix bug and patch it. TFN is free and it's all on Zero's (and Malkav's) shoulders and they do it for free in their free time that they could use for doing other things they like Smile

Yes i know and appreciate but this is a mod,not a Dragon Age Inquisition/The Witcher 100+ hours new game,so i don't think they need 20 people to work on it

I just asked "when..?"
i didn't insult anyone saying "omg this mod is bugged,you are too bad etc etc..". i know it's free but i don't think this can be an excuse to not fix bugs as soon as possible. this is a very good reason to rest and/or do something else when release is in good state.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
i didn't insult anyone saying

Don't worry, I don't feel insulted, and I do understand where you're coming from. If I were in your shoes, I would probably feel the same way you do, and would want the developers to fix the bug in their spare time (even if they hate it) before moving on to something fun.

All I can tell you is, 1.4 is not ready to play, but it was released and we can't un-release it, though I wish I could. With that being said, the best I can do is point you back to 1.3.1 until I can get the desire to want to spend a few hours fixing and testing 1.4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:17 am

The fact is that Auspex and Presence are the most interesting changes in my opinion
With Presence i can do a good mental based character without spending so many points in persuasion/intimidation and helps combat too.
While Auspex is very cool....i never played a character based on inspection because after the first run i already knew where the things were. And i really want to find powerful items in this way

That is why i have to wait for the fix
when i was playing the Baali i didn't notice bugs on Presence honestly,but what i noticed is that it wasn't reducing enemies' damage,or at least their damage was really high even if was using Presence. Is this the bug?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:59 am

sorry for reading this only now
http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2378-tfn-1-4-bugs-read-before-posting-bugs-for-1-4

it's from more than 2 months ago and i read that Auspex bug was found and Presence bug maybe found
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Well the Auspex bug happens when you activate Auspex, which raises your Inspection at certain levels, and it should reveal hidden objects real-time, but that's not happening. The other major bug is when you hit level 3 or higher, in Presence, it makes many of your Passive Disciplines from having any effect, such as Blood Buff/Heal, or even Presence itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1.4.1   Today at 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
 
1.4.1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: