Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Email college

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Email college   Email college EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 6:50 am

I am playing the Clan Quest Mod and before installing, it gives you the option of also adding the Camarilla Edition. It says however that it's a "Lite" version, and not the full mod. The problem I have is that I want to play with the email college from the Camarilla Edition. Currently, I do not have it and I am not sure if it is intended or not.

My question is this : is not including the email college intended, or is it a bug? If it is not intended, can I somehow add it to the game?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Posts : 7611
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 35
Location : Poland

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:26 am

Well, CE was added to CQM by CQM makers. I do not know what they included and what they left out. Zer0 or Malkav might remember, but I think the best bet is to ask the CQM guys.
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Well, I don't really know who the makers of CQM are, or how to contact them.

I just tried playing the game again for the first time in about 2 years. I decided to go for a big mod this time and CQM seemed pretty fun, but I would really like it if it had that feature. I will check to see if anyone here knows more about it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Posts : 4253
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 40
Location : United States

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:15 pm

The guy responsible for CQM goes by the name Burgermeister and he can be contacted through Planet Vampire. If for some reason you can't find his contact information there, contact Wesp (the creator of the Unofficial Mods) who also resides on Planet Vampire.
Back to top Go down
http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Posts : 5204
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Gone for Good

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm

No Camarilla light does not include the email college, only the changed disciplines and some of the changed models.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 12:07 pm

I messaged him on Planet Vampire, but he doesn't seem to be too active there and might take a while to get a reply. In case anyone else is curious about this thing, I'll post what I find out here.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Posts : 4253
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 40
Location : United States

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:22 pm

I appreciate that Schneider, I'm sure someone else out there will have the same question.
Back to top Go down
http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Posts : 5204
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Gone for Good

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello!?! The answer is right up here in my last post. And I know because burgermeister contacted me before he made the mod.

So once again for the blind: No email college, just changed disciplines and some of the alternative models from CE.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Posts : 903
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 26
Location : Brazil

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Try emailing Burgemeister on Planet Vampire, he's the guy responsible for CQM!
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hello!?! The answer is right up here in my last post. And I know because burgermeister contacted me before he made the mod.

So once again for the blind: No email college, just changed disciplines and some of the alternative models from CE.



Yes, but I also asked : "If it is not intended, can I somehow add it to the game?".

I did e-mail Burgermeister a few days ago, and he did verify that this feature is not added by CQM. He did say he might consider adding it in his next version of CQM, 4.0. However, he has really ambitious plans and releasing that will probably take a long time.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Posts : 5204
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Gone for Good

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Schneider wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hello!?! The answer is right up here in my last post. And I know because burgermeister contacted me before he made the mod.

So once again for the blind: No email college, just changed disciplines and some of the alternative models from CE.



Yes, but I also asked : "If it is not intended, can I somehow add it to the game?".
Sorry, didn't see that. So I am one of the blind ones too. geek

Burgermeister left it out because it would be too much work using it if you install cqm with ce and not using it else.
As for the possibility of adding it yourself. That involves quite a bit of python scripting and changes in the file for the haven computer.
The scripts should be located in vamputil.py and the hackfile in /vdata/hackfiles/havenpc.txt.
If you don't want to cheat, you'd also have to remove the books and that involves in most cases map editing. Or you turn them into simple items like rings. To do that just copy the content from such an item in the files of the books. Item files are located in /vdata/items. But don't make armor or weapons of the books, that usually causes problems.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:40 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Burgermeister left it out because it would be too much work using it if you install cqm with ce and not using it else.

He is a guy that made fully voiced and animated quests that can each be experienced only by one clan. I don't think that's an issue for him.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Posts : 5204
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Gone for Good

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Schneider wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Burgermeister left it out because it would be too much work using it if you install cqm with ce and not using it else.

He is a guy that made fully voiced and animated quests that can each be experienced only by one clan. I don't think that's an issue for him.
It is for a thing he doesn't really like. And making it optional is a lot more work.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
It is for a thing he doesn't really like. And making it optional is a lot more work.


What makes you say he doesn't really like it?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Posts : 5204
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Gone for Good

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 am

We talked about the matter when he decided not to use full CE but the light version.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-04-10

Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 am

I see. He didn't really give me that impression, since he did say he saw other people want this feature and said he will consider it. Oh well. I suppose it's all the same now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Email college Empty
PostSubject: Re: Email college   Email college Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Email college
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My reply from a long email I sent to OUR FRIENDS at GI
» Jhess (peer to peer and email play)
» FANTAGE CHANGE EMAIL
» Grivas Chess College - Full Series - (1-3)
» Hello Together

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: