Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Various interesting stuff

Go down 
+6
ThePhilosopher
Dragatus
malak
SaulottheGentle
Childe of Malkav
Garlik
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Various interesting stuff Empty
PostSubject: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:44 am

Sometimes I want to share something that is neither quote, nor picture, nor video. So I made a new thread for that.

1) AI beats human pilots: http://futurism.com/an-ai-just-defeated-human-fighter-pilots-in-an-air-combat-simulator/

2) KGB is back: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-kgb-russia-spies-return-presidential-election-a7317941.html
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 11:26 am

I read about the AI fighters. It worries me a bit. Imagine a little glitch with one of those carrying a warhead...

As for the KGB, I am not suprised. Russian Duma already gave FSB the power to kill criminals, terrorists and those engaging in antistate activity earlier this year. They crammed it into whole pacage of antiterrorist acts earlier this year, so hardly anyone in the West noticed.

Good finds, Draggy.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 12:53 pm

The ability of AI to replace higly specialized human jobs will causa a global clusterfuck in a future not so far away.
Back to top Go down
Garlik
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Well... AI beating human doesn't surprise me as much, but I'd still rather have human pilot.
AI will execute it's orders, human may not, if there's no need for him, or if he recognizes a signal or a pattern that might mark an ally. Or recognizes it as a civil target or something else... AI will just execute orders, still can't recognize such patterns, can't collect all the data from surroundings and so on...

Hacking and glitches may cause mayhem too.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 pm

All the comments you made are reasons I see the US and then other governments using MORE AI pilots, not less.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 pm

I concur, the biggest worry that will hit home would be the risk of the AI taking actions on its own and if we go full Terminator, working around fail-safes.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:02 am

These are kind of long (for online articles), but interesting and relevant to the discussion:
1) http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
2) http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 4:49 am

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-tells-citizens-to-prepare-for-nuclear-war-061203585.html

It was nice knowing you all.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 5:28 am

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 7:57 am

So nice to know we have Cold War again. I will have to go to next family reunion at Lubianka. Laughing Do not panic, nobody evacuates Fort Meade yet, so war is not so imminent. When NSA heads to the bunkers, then worry...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 9:42 am

I'll start worrying if Trump is elected. For anybody else, I doubt even Putin is mad enough to throw the first bomb.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Truth be told, I'm more worried about what USA will do rather than Russia.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Truth be told, I'm more worried about what USA will do rather than Russia.

Or Israel, if any sandnutjobs go mad....
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm not worried about Israel, Russia or Trump's USA. I'm more worried about a Hillary-led USA
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:55 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'm not worried about Israel, Russia or Trump's USA. I'm more worried about a Hillary-led USA

Well, she is certainly deluded and unstable, but she is more likely to rob and enslave Muricans than to start a war. unless she thinks she profits by it...
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Lets not forget the 'Republic' of Korea. Egypt may choose to jump in here to, because why not?

Basically, the only one who don't worry me with this are Australia and Canada.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 1:14 am

The way I see it, the thing that kept the Cold War cold, namely the fact that neither side can touch the other without getting counter-bombed through hell and out the other side, is still in effect today between Russia and the US; Russia can build what shelters they will, but they're not dumb enough to think they still have a country if they toss a bomb at the US. I don't think Trump would do it either since he seems to like Putin, but it's hard to say just what the fuck he'll do and he's already proven himself thin-skinned. As for Clinton well, she's openly talked about military intervention against Russia. I want to say that while she's a cold, calculative reptilian; she's not dumb enough to fuck the status quoe in a way that escalates into Fallout, but I have to agree with Philo here after hearing her rhetoric.

Everybody else might as well not matter as far as I'm concerned, and North Korea in particular are a joke. Even if they have the capacity of throwing something dangerous around; they at worst can hurt South Korea (and even that I'm skeptic of), everything else would be countered well before it hits the target. If it's not SK, the Japs or the US who takes it out (and it doesn't fall apart midway), it's prolly the chinks going "fuck this, you're on your own" that will settle NK down. KYU is not clever, but he doesn't want to lose his power and get executed as a tyrant either; he has nothing to gain and everything to lose from making people invade him with the justification of "they tossed a rock at us."
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-warns-us-syria-warplanes-2016-10
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:16 pm

They deployed S400s too, possibly. Those have much longer range than Patriots, as well as accuracy. So long, American plans of conquering Syria.

Not to mention that Obama did the impossible: he drove Iran, Russia and China into de facto alliance. Go Obama! I cannot wait for Hillary and Armaggedon...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:28 pm

"He" did want Syria pretty badly, as is seen from the big spectacle he made trying to get congress to approve military action in Syria, but the people would have none of that.

I say "he" because I honestly do not thing Obama had any say in the matter. His job would merely to pass the information along for the society, having no say in the decision-making process. Call me crazy if you want.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 6:13 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
"He" did want Syria pretty badly, as is seen from the big spectacle he made trying to get congress to approve military action in Syria, but the people would have none of that.

I say "he" because I honestly do not thing Obama had any say in the matter. His job would merely to pass the information along for the society, having no say in the decision-making process. Call me crazy if you want.

That's Malkav's job.

So you think it was the Deep State thing behind it, and Obama was only a muppet...? I had my suspicions about the Clintons and Soros earlier, too...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 8:47 pm

I don't know what you mean by Deep State. I just think the whole economic/military/political stabilishment makes it impossible for the USA president to deviate too much from the decisions he had little to no part of. I don't say there's a reptilian overlord whispering commands to Obama through telepathy, only that the big-guys in the economic, military and political spheres would be constantly advising and selling to him a certain goal until he is convinced it is necessary, and denying to do so would have extreme consequences for himself as a politician and/or his party and allies.

Just look at his accomplishments, compared to what he promised. I expect all politicians to lie, of course, but pretty much the only thing he did was a Healthcare bill that increased health-industries profits. He didn't close Guantanamo, he didn't "brought troops home" (quite the opposite), and the USA is now tip-toeing into all-out war in Syria
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 5:09 am

I think Elon Musk put it well when he said that being president of the US is like being the captain of a very large ship and only having a small rudder to steer it.

Government bureaucracy has a certain momentum to it and resists change. The larger the government, the more that is true. In order to make any meaningful change the president would need to be backed by strong popular movement.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:25 am

You both just described the Deep State preatty well, despite claiming no knowelage of it.

In a nutshell, it is an unelected, informal body of individuals with no legal powers, or who exceed their legal powers, to achive the goals of their group, often at the expense of the government and/or general populace.

In Poland, it is mostly composed of ex-WSI (Military Inteligence, communist origin, disbanded only a few years ago).

It is not too secret, but as Ming Xio put it, open secrets are the easiest to keep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Feral wrote:

It is not too secret, but as Ming Xio put it, open secrets are the easiest to keep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state

And now I read Wikipedia in Edita Brychtas voice.

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Various interesting stuff
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next