Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Various interesting stuff

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:39 am

https://9gag.com/gag/awXzxeD?ref=fsidebar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am

Dr Mubarak from Bangladesh, invents bio degradable plastic from jute after 20 years of research. Stronger than plastic, lower cost and same as plastic. Degrades naturally after 6 months. No more oil based plastic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Feral wrote:
Dr Mubarak from Bangladesh, invents bio degradable plastic from jute after 20 years of research. Stronger than plastic, lower cost and same as plastic. Degrades naturally after 6 months. No more oil based plastic.

Let's hope this catches up. I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3023
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Because, regular plastics are made from the oil, and, like, no one wants to deal with oil anymore.

@Feral: Do the positions matter when it's all about anal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Because, regular plastics are made from the oil, and, like, no one wants to deal with oil anymore.

@Feral: Do the positions matter when it's all about anal?

Of course, you may get rather different stimulation frome different positions, on the prostate, off prostate...
Do you want me to go into details? Cool pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3023
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Vote 50:50 so far. Let's wait for others...


This gave me hope for humanity:

https://9gag.com/gag/aXxozBd?ref=fsidebar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Because, regular plastics are made from the oil, and, like, no one wants to deal with oil anymore.

@Feral: Do the positions matter when it's all about anal?

Of course, you may get rather different stimulation frome different positions, on the prostate, off prostate...
Do you want me to go into details? Cool pig


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Maybe something on topic for a change:



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Trickle down economics do not work, that's why as the rich get richer, the poor gets poorer. You know, what we're seeing right now in the US.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 am

Karavolos wrote:
Trickle down economics do not work, that's why as the rich get richer, the poor gets poorer. You know, what we're seeing right now in the US.

Well, in China and India it works. They are more capitalist countries too... Oh, the irony...

For China I could tell, as we have joint venture with one institute there. It is anecdotal evidence of course, but despite many problems it does get better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 am

Feral wrote:
Karavolos wrote:
Trickle down economics do not work, that's why as the rich get richer, the poor gets poorer. You know, what we're seeing right now in the US.

Well, in China and India it works. They are more capitalist countries too... Oh, the irony...

For China I could tell, as we have joint venture with one institute there. It is anecdotal evidence of course, but despite many problems it does get better.

These are three different things

-Less obstacles for trade
-Free Market ideology
-Trickle Down Economics

What this video is trying to do is pick number 1, say it's the same as number 2 and 3 and then call Trickle Down Economics good.

The less obstacles a country has for trade and business, the better it will do in general. However, there are many obstacles for trade that a country might be better off using than adopting the laissez-faire approach.

Free Market ideology is basically an exportation product developed by the British only after they have attained industrial supremacy in the world through non-free market policy. Think about it. Once your industry can outdo anyother in the world by a great margin, going around saying that everyone should remove it's trade restrictions (and letting your better quality / lower price destroy the competition) is the best possible strategy you could do. When the US obtained the industrial supremacy in the world through non-free market policy, it too started saying the same things, even though they were never too keen to apply it themselves. Now that China is surpassing the US in all levels, we now see Trump and the americans' tone change about how they need to protect their industry.

Do not call what happens in India and China "Free market" or either "trickle down at work". Both India and China have opened themselves more to trade with the rest of the world, yes, but doing so in only specific manners and with great restrictions on who or what could buy or invest there.

Again, I'm not saying a freer trade is bad, because it isn't. But to call it the holy grail, the only thing you need to do to make a country rich is a bold face lie that has trapped many countries in poverty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:09 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Now that China is surpassing the US in all levels, we now see Trump and the americans' tone change about how they need to protect their industry.

That and because the rampant outsourcing of jobs have fucked over so many people and spiked both unemployment and poverty which fucks the middle class right up the ass so the company which did the outsourcing can pay in cents rather than dollars to people in poorer countries who may or may not have a choice in the matter and there's an ongoing backlash against that, with many advocating protectionism so the companies can't outsource their jobs anymore.

It's one of the reasons Trump won, his rhetoric was that he'd protect the jobs and people rolled the dice on it. And lost; my example being the Carrier deal where he made gigantic concessions to the company to reduce the amount of outsourcing they did, which lasted those jobs he "saved" for another couple of months before they outsourced them anyway when nobody was looking.

My stance on free market is that you need to have some regulations lest it devolves into reckless venture captialism where corporations will do anything to milk more money out of people, usually to the people's detriment like what we're seeing in America. But at the same time regulations are not inheriently good; if you're going to implement regulations you need to make sure they're sensical and don't wreck too much havoc upon the producers either, otherwise nobody will be incentivized to produce things anymore, let alone open businesses in your country and that will make people lose out on the products in kind. It's all a balancing act, and not an easy one either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Well said indeed, Kara. I see a lot of over eagerness and legislative diarrhea here in Poland, I fear it is no different elsewhere.

In the essence it means the market is cornered: you must have a business and be able to afford lawyers to afford a business. It is no coincidence social status and income stratum one belongs to became largely hereditary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Karavolos wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Now that China is surpassing the US in all levels, we now see Trump and the americans' tone change about how they need to protect their industry.

That and because the rampant outsourcing of jobs have fucked over so many people and spiked both unemployment and poverty which fucks the middle class right up the ass so the company which did the outsourcing can pay in cents rather than dollars to people in poorer countries who may or may not have a choice in the matter and there's an ongoing backlash against that, with many advocating protectionism so the companies can't outsource their jobs anymore.

It's one of the reasons Trump won, his rhetoric was that he'd protect the jobs and people rolled the dice on it. And lost; my example being the Carrier deal where he made gigantic concessions to the company to reduce the amount of outsourcing they did, which lasted those jobs he "saved" for another couple of months before they outsourced them anyway when nobody was looking.

True that.

Karavolos wrote:

My stance on free market is that you need to have some regulations lest it devolves into reckless venture captialism where corporations will do anything to milk more money out of people, usually to the people's detriment like what we're seeing in America. But at the same time regulations are not inheriently good; if you're going to implement regulations you need to make sure they're sensical and don't wreck too much havoc upon the producers either, otherwise nobody will be incentivized to produce things anymore, let alone open businesses in your country and that will make people lose out on the products in kind. It's all a balancing act, and not an easy one either.

Indeed. That's the entire reason economists exists. There are market flaws and there are government flaws. Capitalism is like a force of nature: saying it's evil means nothing, and trying to get away from it is impossible. So you should learn how you can properly focus it to make everyone's lives better, which, to be honest, so far it overwhelmingly has.

@Feral: Every legislative body thinks that not only it's laws will be followed to the word, but also that the intent of the law will be achieved perfectly. I don't agree with your bullshit defeatism though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Indeed. That's the entire reason economists exists. There are market flaws and there are government flaws. Capitalism is like a force of nature: saying it's evil means nothing, and trying to get away from it is impossible. So you should learn how you can properly focus it to make everyone's lives better, which, to be honest, so far it overwhelmingly has.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:52 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:


@Feral: Every legislative body thinks that not only it's laws will be followed to the word, but also that the intent of the law will be achieved perfectly. I don't agree with your bullshit defeatism though.

That bullshit is based on experience with application of scientific discoveries to industry. All of ours were shot down by beaurocrats, often for nonsensical reasons. Privately, even some of them agreed their interpretation of the law was bollocks, but blocking us saved them work. As we had no money for lawyers, going to Warsaw several times and waiting years for court rulings, our discoveries were not implemented in Poland. It is funny, to have millions in grant money, but so legally restricted you could not even patent, as nobody predicted mony for that would be necessary in an industrial grant...

As for Poland, speaking of the government counting on the laws to be followed or its intent achieved is a joke. 70% of our law comes from Brussels. It is directly implemented, as any amandements are forbidden by our accesion treaty. As a result, 70% of the time, Polish lawgiver has no clue what the intent of the law was and cannot change it even if it matches Polish conditions as a cow fits a cavalry charge.

Ah, to end on a positive note, our discoveries do live on. There are factories in Hayderabad and Changsha that make them. Of course we get jock shit out of it, but this is how Hindu and Chinese pay tantiems, no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 pm

I see. I've taken your second paragraph to be speaking about capitalism in general, not focused on Poland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I see. I've taken your second paragraph to be speaking about capitalism in general, not focused on Poland.

Capitalism in Poland...? Shocked

Have you parhaps heard the phrase "compradorian capitalism"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3520
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrosome

Turns out a pyrosome is not one creature but a colony of little "zooids" bound together by gelatine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3520
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/publications/deep-neural-networks-are-more-accurate-humans-detecting-sexual

After looking at 5 pictures of your face AI can now determine whether you are homosexual with 91% accuracy for men and 84% accuracy for women.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6958
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Gee great. I wonder when Muslim pious foundation buys the company that makes those commercially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3520
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:15 pm

The method uses both fixed features and grooming habits, so if you let your beard grow you can throw it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   

Back to top Go down
 
Various interesting stuff
Back to top 
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: