Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Various interesting stuff

Go down 
+6
ThePhilosopher
Dragatus
malak
SaulottheGentle
Childe of Malkav
Garlik
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Various interesting stuff - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
And I missed Kara Very Happy

You missed nada, I'm nothing special What a Face

*hugs with front paws and nuzzles*
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Jad.3 wrote:

Thoughts?

Dunno about all the numbers, but I do think he is right about us producing way too much waste and that we need to get more efficient.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

Thoughts?

Dunno about all the numbers, but I do think he is right about us producing way too much waste and that we need to get more efficient.

Ditto. Energy and material efficiency worldwide is crap. There are countries that do it better, but it is still way to few, to far between. Funniest part is that increasing efficiency reduces costs. But, on the other hand, producing things that do not fall apart soon means you could not sell next generation of them. It is 19th century and before economy: furniture, kitchenware, household items, clothing etc was inherited by next generations, not discarded. Do I have to elaborate on material use? Also, fashion changed by decades, not seasons. I cannot comprehend people who buy new clothes because the old ones, still perfectly functional, are not fancy anymore. It is so intemperent...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm

A little fun fact. Inspired by a video about today's election and the prediction that Le Pen would win because she's the only one really promising to do something about terror attacks I looked at statistics for cause of death in France in 2014 (most current I could find) and compared it to average number of people killed by terrorists for the last two years.

Turns out that statistically speaking French people are roughly 83x as likely to commit suicide than they are to be killed by a terrorists. So they really are a bigger threat to themselves than terrorists can ever hope to be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Dragatus wrote:
A little fun fact. Inspired by a video about today's election and the prediction that Le Pen would win because she's the only one really promising to do something about terror attacks I looked at statistics for cause of death in France in 2014 (most current I could find) and compared it to average number of people killed by terrorists for the last two years.

Turns out that statistically speaking French people are roughly 83x as likely to commit suicide than they are to be killed by a terrorists. So they really are a bigger threat to themselves than terrorists can ever hope to be. Very Happy

The French... But you know, I get it. They have no support, no families when they get old (a lot of people in France lands in care houses), no children to live for, no hope for a change for the better. They can't even talk openly about their problems, or they risk politically correct ostracism. I pity them.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Dragatus wrote:

Well most deaths in the developed world are lifestyle related. Doesn't mean I would vote for someone with a retarded liberal ideology of "terrorists attack are part of living in a big city" or "it isn't even that bad guyys".

Lmao at the frech suicide rate though. I kinda get it why they are portrayed as being giant jerks now.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 4:28 am

It was not my intention to make fun of the French suicide rate. (It actually not even extremely high, they ranked as 44th worst in the world in 2014). My point was how overblown the fear of terrorists is.

And terrorist attacks are a part of living in a big city. Just like traffic accidents are part of using cars. You can take measures to reduce the harm done, but you can't prevent them entirely. And the amount of resources you invest into dealing with a problem should be proportional to the severity of a problem.

Individuals are still statistically highly unlikely to be killed by a terrorist so they shouldn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4424682/Colourised-photos-Russia-s-female-snipers-WW2.html
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 am

Those women had more balls than most men. I read about them in history books. Almost 75% of them didn't survive the war, though...

It is nonetheless interesting like the title unintentionally equates Germans with Nazis.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 1:18 pm

I failed to notice that myself, but you're right. That is unfair.

Meanwhile: https://futurism.com/new-breakthrough-work-finally-lets-us-trigger-artificial-photosynthesis/
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:16 am

How long until we can engineer humans with that capability?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 4:52 am

malak wrote:
How long until we can engineer humans with that capability?

Better not... I don't like eating fertilizer. Rolling in it, on the other hand... Very Happy

I look forward to this project getting economically viable... Lower CO2 means snow in the winter, and I like to roll in that too. Not to mention it is actually more energu eficcient to heat a house at -5 than +5 degrees (Celsius, no idea in F). Wet, cold air sucks out heat of off everything very well...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 am

Act of terror affects wide public. Act of suicide affects the family (and if you don't have one...). Also, not much collateral damage from suicides.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 6:39 am

The only thing about acts of terror that affects the wide public rather than just the victims (and their families & friends) is the irrational fear.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 am

Never got scared of a boogeyman under your bed?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 am

Dragatus wrote:
The only thing about acts of terror that affects the wide public rather than just the victims (and their families & friends) is the irrational fear.

Thank the media for that.

As for sucide not affecting others, that depends on how much explosives do you use... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 am

The media are a major contributing factor, but there are other reasons too. Like a general lack of understanding statistics. We are naturally drawn to single exceptional events while overlooking general trends. Terrorism is also frightening because it kills randomly and unexpectedly. And it presents a clear enemy to fight against and defend from, which again triggers primal instincts.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am

If only people understood statistics like Dragatus, the terrorism problem would be solved!

"Terrorism problem? What terrorism problem? Oh it's a fact of life now, deal with it."

Fact of life in living in a big city? Funny, big cities in the east like Tokyo or Seoul seem to have little terrorism problems. Could it be because they don't allow mass immigration from shithole countries? But let's forget about those cities, of course. There is no terrorism problem people, just the media and our base savage insticts. Rolling Eyes .

And of course, let's all pretend that people dying from random terrorists attacks are just like people dying from obesity. It's unavoidable, people!  pig
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 11:49 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
If only people understood statistics like Dragatus, the terrorism problem would be solved!

"Terrorism problem? What terrorism problem? Oh it's a fact of life now, deal with it."

Fact of life in living in a big city? Funny, big cities in the east like Tokyo or Seoul seem to have little terrorism problems. Could it be because they don't allow mass immigration from shithole countries? But let's forget about those cities, of course. There is no terrorism problem people, just the media and our base savage insticts. Rolling Eyes .

And of course, let's all pretend that people dying from random terrorists attacks are just like people dying from obesity. It's unavoidable, people!  pig

On point, Philo. The exact problem is those deaths rea avoidable. Quite easily so, as East Asian cities prove. Common sense leads you further than ideologies or overcompensating old guilt.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:07 pm

The terrorism problem wouldn't be solved, but the overreacting to terrorism problem would. You know, like for example the massive NSA spy program that is recording every word we write.

East Asian cities are also further away and the countries they're in are not meddling in the Middle East, so there is no political motive.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Dragatus wrote:
The terrorism problem wouldn't be solved, but the overreacting to terrorism problem would. You know, like for example the massive NSA spy program that is recording every word we write.

Centuries in the future some anthropologist is going to find those NSA archives and die from orgasm. Their students research partners will be famous for years.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 6:02 pm

malak wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Centuries in the future some anthropologist is going to find those NSA archives and die from orgasm. Their students research partners will be famous for years.

Or hospitalized...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 4:16 am

Assuming they will be able to decode the information.

In other news: https://futurism.com/scientists-potatoes-can-grow-on-mars/
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 am

Dragatus wrote:
Assuming they will be able to decode the information.

In other news: https://futurism.com/scientists-potatoes-can-grow-on-mars/

As a citizen of Wielkopolska by birthright, i am proud. We are known as potatoland for something...

It also means there will be vodka in space!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 1:54 pm

We have the essentials covered then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Various interesting stuff
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next