Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Various interesting stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 am

Dragatus wrote:
Our software apparently isn't optimized for calculations.

More for graphics. Especially at night Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:14 am

That struck me as kind of true:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:09 pm

I don't think I can say that for myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, I thought it through. I arrived at a conclusion that I am simply more proficient at English than Polish by now.
Now I am both proud of myself and somewhat saddened...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:39 pm

For me it really depends on the subject. I am more proficient in English when it comes to technology, gaming terminology, war, and history. The stuff I typically discuss online. But for regular day-to-day langue I'm still better at Slovenian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:36 am

I came across a new political test that evaluates positions on 4 axises and this is the result I got:


Seems pretty accurate.

https://8values.github.io/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 am

For some reason, it tried to save in my porn folder... Funny as for a conservative.

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:44 am



That 'L' word kinda scares me. There were a few 'unsure' replies though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am

Man, these things. They are always too broad or clomp things together that shouldn't be put together.

"International trade is beneficial" Of course it is. Having a large number of your nation's firms going bankrupt because they can't compete against another nation who is playing unfairly is not.

"Public utilities like roads and eletricity should be public owned". Eletricity should not be government owned, for it gives rise to inefficiency and corruption (just see Brazil's Petrobras). Most roads shouldn't be privately owned.

"Our nation's values should be spread as much as possible" What values? Democracy, protection of minorities, equal rights between men and women, freedom of sexual expression? If these are the values we're talking about, then yeah, they should spread, but not at gunpoint unless directly threatned.

"Reason is more important than maintaining our culture." What does that even means?

"To chase progress at all costs is dangerous" What progress are we talking about? Scientific and technological progress? Or the cultural progress that brings the transmania, the truck of peace and the rejection of demographics and biology?

"All people - regardless of factors like culture or sexuality - should be treated equally." If this means being against bigotry, then sure. People should be treated by their behaviour. If this means turning a blind eye to problems in certain groups because it would be offensive, then no.

I am somehow being unable to link the image here. so have the link instead
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=51.8&d=23.4&g=43.1&s=56.3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:48 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
"Reason is more important than maintaining our culture." What does that even means?

Lol, ikr? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
"Our nation's values should be spread as much as possible" What values? Democracy, protection of minorities, equal rights between men and women, freedom of sexual expression? If these are the values we're talking about, then yeah, they should spread, but not at gunpoint unless directly threatned.

I interpreted that question as spreading your nation's values because they are your nation's values and that's wht makes them good.

Quote :
"Reason is more important than maintaining our culture." What does that even means?

My interpretation of the question was that it means the opinion that if any part of your culture doesn't make logical sense, it shouldn't (or at least doesn't need to) be preserved.

Quote :
"To chase progress at all costs is dangerous" What progress are we talking about? Scientific and technological progress? Or the cultural progress that brings the transmania, the truck of peace and the rejection of demographics and biology?

I'm pretty sure the question meant scientific progress. Also, if by "rejecting biology" you mean transgender people, that's actually not the case. I acknowledge the possibility that a portion of trans people are actually just attention seekers, but real transgender people actually are that way for biological reasons.

There are biological differences between the brains of men and women and some people end up with a brain of the wrong type (or a body of the wrong type, depending on perspective). So a trans man is a person with a (mostly) male brain in an otherwise female body and a trans woman is a person with a (mostly) female brain in an otherwise male body.

Accepting trans people as their chosen gender identity simply means acknowledging that the sort of brain you have is more important than the sort of genitals you have (for purposes other than reproduction).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

Quote :
I am somehow being unable to link the image here. so have the link instead
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=51.8&d=23.4&g=43.1&s=56.3

I couldn't directly link it either,so I saved it an uploaded it to imgur. Also, congratulations for being the most "balanced" person on the forum. Wink

On a different note: https://futurism.com/images/reverse-aging/

That first one might explain a thing or two about vampires. Very Happy


Last edited by Dragatus on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:06 am

Dragatus wrote:
https://futurism.com/images/reverse-aging/

True in general, but we will all age anyway... I already have a lot of grey in my fur coat Sad
The days of skateboarding and playing games to 6 a.m. seem like a distant, fading memory now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 am

Dragatus wrote:
Also, congratulations for being the most "balanced" person on the forum. Wink


WAS DAT SARCASM!!!!???!! What a Face


By the rejection of biology I did not meant exclusively transgender people, although the 72 genders crowd and the trans crowd seems to be almost one and the same. I meant the push to reject and desconsider any sort of biological differences between the sexes as "sexist" or "bigoted". The example of the forensics analyst on a sociology class is one such example.

Other example:
Saying that maybe the reason why so many women are not in the STEM fields is because women in general have lesser insterest in the subjects of those fields is bigoted. The real reason must be some sort of patriarcal oppression.
When actually, the more egalitarian a society becomes, the more pronounced becomes the gender differences in preference at fields of study.

I see your position Draggy, and I don't disagree with it, but I don't agree with it either. Commenting on this topic is something I might do if/when I study more about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:15 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
WAS DAT SARCASM!!!!???!! What a Face

Would it make you happy if I said it was?


Quote :
By the rejection of biology I did not meant exclusively transgender people, although the 72 genders crowd and the trans crowd seems to be almost one and the same. I meant the push to reject and desconsider any sort of biological differences between the sexes as "sexist" or "bigoted". The example of the forensics analyst on a sociology class is one such example.

Other example:
Saying that maybe the reason why so many women are not in the STEM fields is because women in general have lesser insterest in the subjects of those fields is bigoted. The real reason must be some sort of patriarcal oppression.
When actually, the more egalitarian a society becomes, the more pronounced becomes the gender differences in preference at fields of study.

Ah, on that we agree.

Quote :
I see your position Draggy, and I don't disagree with it, but I don't agree with it either. Commenting on this topic is something I might do if/when I study more about it.

That's fair. I haven't really studied the topic in depth myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Dragy, do you think your interpretation of those troublesome questions is the same as that of the creators? For there is a significant probability it differs, thus the results are fallacious. What if in fact you're a communist?! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Comrade, you say that as if it was a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Comrade, you say that as if it was a bad thing.

Of course it is. Ask around in Cuba, China, North Korea, Mozambique, Eastern Europe, Kampuchea...

Or try Holdomor to a Ukrainian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
It could end badly, though.

Somehow I suddenly become even less proud of my genealogy...


But I agree with Jad: in case of some of the questions it is not clear what the authors meant. The scope of the quiz is also too much leaning towards American perspective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Comrade, you say that as if it was a bad thing.

Of course it is. Ask around in Cuba, China, North Korea, Mozambique, Eastern Europe, Kampuchea...


I don't speak for Draggy the slovenian winemaker but I'm preeeetty sure he wasn't being serious, dawg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:54 am

HE WASN'T?!?

Anyway, https://www.berlinjournal.biz/minh-anh-darf-mutter-nicht-beerdigen/
A pakistani from a war riden pakistan killed a vietnamese woman. Her son was denied entry to germany, because they're affraid he could stay illegaly.
Do you want more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3135
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 am

Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Comrade, you say that as if it was a bad thing.

Of course it is. Ask around in Cuba, China, North Korea, Mozambique, Eastern Europe, Kampuchea...

Or try Holdomor to a Ukrainian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
It could end badly, though.

Somehow I suddenly become even less proud of my genealogy...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 am

I'm too late with getting a screen, so I'll just post the results I posted in my chatlog.

Closest Match: Social Liberalism

=Economic Axis: Social=
Social 70.1% < 29.9% Market

=Diplomatic Axis: Peaceful=
Nation 39.4% > 60.6% World

=Civil Axis: Liberal=
Liberty 65.4% < 34.6% Authority

=Societal Axis: Very Progressive=
Tradition 20.8% > 79.2% Progress
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 6118
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 33
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 am

And Claudia claimed we are all far rightwingers... Another Social Liberal among us just came out.

@Dragatus: After a long consideration I came to a conclusion you actually tried to convey to me with this picture that I missed a joke. Am I right? If so, where was the joke?

@Jad: But it makes no sense... Viernamese are even greater workaholics than the Chinese, the guy was sure to avoid social as a plague.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 35
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:19 am

Another swedish socialist. After seeing the productivity for myself, I cannot figure out how can Sweden be so expensive.

@Feral Oooh it makes perfect sense my brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:32 am

Feral wrote:
And Claudia claimed we are all far rightwingers... Another Social Liberal among us just came out.

"Just"? What a Face

Jad.3 wrote:
After seeing the productivity for myself, I cannot figure out how can Sweden be so expensive.

Like every other ideology, it has to be done right to work. I don't think we're doing it right at the moment, and at the rate we're going in we're gonna be fucked sooner rather than later. Our politicans are no better as equally detached to the common folk as the American ones are; which is likely why we keep taking in all these immigrants we can't support and getting all butthurt over nonsense shit like "RESPECT CULTURE" and "DON'T MAKE THE SANDNIGGERS LOOK BAD". 'Tis insane.

Otherwise in an ideal society to me? Live and let live, as long as it doesn't affect anybody else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
avatar

Posts : 731
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 24
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   

Back to top Go down
 
Various interesting stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wierd as hell diorama stuff...
» Selling 40k Orks and Gorkamorka stuff
» Pretty Cool Tomb Kings stuff for dirt cheap!!!! BUY IT!!!!
» new dark eldar stuff
» Some stuff about Necrons - new question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: