Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save files disappear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snapeitza
Fledgling
Fledgling

Save files disappear Empty
PostSubject: Save files disappear   Save files disappear EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi, it seems that if you try to play with different characters, the autosave files from one game (ex with tremere) overwrites the old ones (ex with toreador).

Is it possible to play with different or are you bound to one game and one character at the time?

Thanks for your time and effort with this great game!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Save files disappear   Save files disappear EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey Snapeitza,
I think I know what you mean, but let me rephrase it first, just to make sure.
Your autosaves of one character overwrite those you already had from a different character.

If that's what it's about, I'm afraid I can help you.
There are only a limited amount of autofiles available for the game to create - if these are full, it automatically starts to overwrite the already existing ones, starting with the oldest until all are replaced and so on and so on and so on...
I don't think there's anything you can do about that. From my poor knowledge that's all written in the game mechanics - nothing you can change. Sad

I've had to find that out the hard way, too - it's the same with the quicksaves.
Pretty much annoyed me to the point of no return when I found out that my savegames were all lost and I had to start with my old character from scrap. Evil or Very Mad

The best thing to avoid this issue is saving on a regular basis - and, while you're at it, naming the saved games so you can guess where you saved before having to load it.

I hope I could help you.
Greetings,
El

P.S.: Oh, and you can play as many characters as you like at one time - just remember to name your savegames, for example with the character's clan and name, and there you go! (Autosaves are probably not the best idea if you want to play more than one character at once - especially not if you want to go back to that character after you have played some time with another. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Save files disappear   Save files disappear EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 pm

I'd just do what Eliza suggested. Manually save instead of relying on the Autosave feature, and rename those save files so you know which character it is your saving.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Snapeitza
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Save files disappear   Save files disappear EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi!

Thank you for your answears! Works perfectly with manually named save files Very Happy
(Won't trust the auto saves anymore)

Now time to enjoy!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save files disappear   Save files disappear Empty

Back to top Go down

Save files disappear
Page 1 of 1