Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Igams666
Fledgling
Fledgling

Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely Empty
PostSubject: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Hey sorry but I was hoping to get some help with this. I'm playing Camarilla Edition final version but I'm having trouble getting this to work.

I backed up my vamputil.py file and then edited the timer from BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 7+pc.stamina to 11, so it looks like this:

#### CE Bloodtimer added by Zer0morph, edited by Malkav ####
def OnBLEvent():
  pc = __main__.FindPlayer()
  G = __main__.G
  BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 11+pc.stamina
  G.BloodCounter += 1
  print "BloodCounter increased"  #can be removed, except for testing
  while((G.BloodCounter >= BLOOD_MAX_COUNT) and (pc.bloodpool > 1)):
      pc.Bloodloss(1)
      print "Bloodloss 1 Blood point"  #can be removed, except for testing
      G.BloodCounter = G.BloodCounter - BLOOD_MAX_COUNT
  if(G.BloodCounter >= 2* BLOOD_MAX_COUNT):
      try: __main__.ccmd.frenzyplayer()
      except: pass
      print "hunger induced autofrenzy"
  __main__.ScheduleTask(30.0,"OnBLEvent()")

But instead of slowing down the timer it disables it completely. I left it running for 20 minutes just to be safe and nothing. It also disabled the blood loss from overfeeding.

Afterwards I deleted the file and replaced it with the original vamputil.py, but the blood loss was still disabled. In the end I did a complete re-install and carried over my saves, but the blood loss features were still disabled when I carried over the saves.

Sorry if this is obvious but did I mess up somewhere?

EDIT: Alright so I spent a couple hours and tested it out. Changing the blood loss timer through this method does work, but it won't affect your current saves, so you have to start a new game to utilize the changes. What's more, It will completely disable the blood loss mechanics of your current saves and even if you back up the original vamputil.py file or do a complete re-installation and then carry over your saves, the blood loss mechanics will still be broken in those old saves with no apparent way to re-enable it.

While attempting to get the blood loss mechanic up and running in my old saves I tested this out numerous times with two different clean installs of VTMB that only had CE final version on them and the results came back the same each time. So just to warn people for future reference don't do this half way through a game or you'll have to roll a new character like I did.

TL;DR
-Edit the blood loss mechanics before you start a new game. Otherwise it will disable the blood loss mechanic in your saves with no apparent way to re-enable it, even if you carry over your saves to a fresh install.

P.S. This was done on Windows 10 which has notoriously bad compatibility with this game. With that said, despite running on Windows 10 I didn't have any of the normal issues most have when running this game(can't run it at all, glitches, CTD's, etc.), and in the 10 or so hours I played the game ran perfectly.

I just thought I'd share this here since it wasn't mentioned in the instructions(How to change or turn off the Blood Timer) that this may potentially break the blood loss mechanic in your saves.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Sounds like you have accidentally broken the script. Maybe got the indentation wrong or replaced TABs by SPACEs or vice versa.
If the funcction is not executed once the bloodtimer will cease to work because the whole thing is implemented recursive (scheduletask).
Basically there is no reason why you can't change the bloodtimer during a game.
Back to top Go down
Igams666
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 7:49 pm

I only changed the 7 to an 11 in the script, I didn't touch anything else. But still at first I also thought I had just messed up but there were those inconsistencies I mentioned in my first post(e.g backing up the original file, deleting the game and doing fresh installs, etc.)

My only guess is it had something to do with Windows 10, so I just thought I'd detail my account in case anyone has the same issue.

Either way I'm not concerned about it anymore, I just started up a new game and did a speed run back to where I was in a few hours.

Thanks for the quick reply though I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:55 pm

What editor did you use? Is it possible that when reading or saving the file it changed some spacing? Win10 Office Suite likes to convert multiple spaces to tabs for me, even if I don't touch the spaces. Only does it to the lines I am working on though.

Edit: and yes, I have a friend who tries to python in Word. I cannot convince him to try Notepad, and I am well aware of many better options, but most people are familiar with those.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 5:44 am

malak wrote:
What editor did you use? Is it possible that when reading or saving the file it changed some spacing? Win10 Office Suite likes to convert multiple spaces to tabs for me, even if I don't touch the spaces. Only does it to the lines I am working on though.

Edit: and yes, I have a friend who tries to python in Word. I cannot convince him to try Notepad, and I am well aware of many better options, but most people are familiar with those.
Python in Word? Is that even possible? I haven't used word in years. Can you save as plain text, and is it really plain text then?

@Igams666: If you have problems like this again, check the console for error messages and try running the script from console. If for some reason the schedule was broken, running the script from console will start it again. And if that doesn't work you get an error message.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Python in Word? Is that even possible? I haven't used word in years. Can you save as plain text, and is it really plain text then?

@Igams666: If you have problems like this again, check the console for error messages and try running the script from console. If for some reason the schedule was broken, running the script from console will start it again. And if that doesn't work you get an error message.

"Kind of" to the first, but no to the second. It stores some code in the file to allow recovery of formatting later, thus why it doesn't work correctly. Comes out looking like a quasi-RTF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely   Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely Empty

Back to top Go down

Editing the Blood Timer disabled it completely
Page 1 of 1