Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:49 pm

There is a flaw explaining your confusion Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
There is a flaw explaining your confusion Wink

Enlighten me...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3765
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 am

You have 17 dots in talents, so 13+4 (20 XP spent). You have 10 dots in knowledges so 9 +1 (5 XP spent). And your Willpower is 1 point higher than your Courage so that's 10 XP spent. 20 + 5 + 10 = 35

You used 2 out of 5 background dots so that's 3 dots converted to 15 bonus XP, for a total of 45 XP available. Minus the 35 XP spent that's 10 XP left.

You can keep one of the three abilities in question at 5 dots if you reduce the other two to 3 or you can have them all at 4 dots. Someone that skilled would be too valuable to waste on a suicide mission.

Also, you might wish to invest some dots into Drive and Computer. Right now your character doesn't even know how to use e-mail and he's not taking any companies over like that.

For Drive 1 dot means you can drive a car with automatic transmission and 2 dots means you can drive a normal car. For computers 1 dot means you can do simple things like turn the thing on, send e-mail, or write a Word document. 2 dots means you know how to install programs, search for information online, that kind of thing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 am

Dragatus wrote:
You have 17 dots in talents, so 13+4 (20 XP spent). You have 10 dots in knowledges so 9 +1 (5 XP spent). And your Willpower is 1 point higher than your Courage so that's 10 XP spent. 20 + 5 + 10 = 35

You used 2 out of 5 background dots so that's 3 dots converted to 15 bonus XP, for a total of 45 XP available. Minus the 35 XP spent that's 10 XP left.

We're doing the same numbers, you just forgotten I cannot raise anything above 3, except with freebies. Don't worry I got this.

Dragatus wrote:
You can keep one of the three abilities in question at 5 dots if you reduce the other two to 3 or you can have them all at 4 dots. Someone that skilled would be too valuable to waste on a suicide mission.

So either only one of my explanations was good, or all of them average? I can accept this reasoning and will adapt accordingly. Also he won't be an Assamite.

Dragatus wrote:
Also, you might wish to invest some dots into Drive and Computer. Right now your character doesn't even know how to use e-mail and he's not taking any companies over like that.

For Drive 1 dot means you can drive a car with automatic transmission and 2 dots means you can drive a normal car. For computers 1 dot means you can do simple things like turn the thing on, send e-mail, or write a Word document. 2 dots means you know how to install programs, search for information online, that kind of thing.

Had a driver. Will definitely invest in computers. Any suggestions for the merit?

@Feral: It's a two point flaw... about 'your' troubled origin... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:10 am

Jad.3 wrote:


@Feral: It's a two point flaw... about 'your' troubled origin... Wink

http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php/Absent-Minded is a 3 pts... And I have it, not Sebastian. Sad

For this does not qualify:
http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php/Victim_of_the_Masquerade

Or this:
http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php/Pack_Disgrace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah, the last on will come later Laughing
Rival sires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Yeah, the last on will come later Laughing
Rival sires.

Two Pack Disgraces!? May be a tough competition...

Your character will be entertained with two Sires...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Could we have a 500 year old Obertus Ravenant as a Retinue, with the sole responsibility of reminding our characters not to be a band of total mongs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:33 pm

On a second thought, doesn't Common sense Merit do the same?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3765
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am

Yes, it does. It obliges the ST to tell you that whatever you are going to do is stupid whenever the thing that you are going to do is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 am

To think about it, maybe it is for good neither Jad nor me gave it to our Characters. You would have lost so many occasions to cackle at us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Laughing I thought about the merit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3765
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Just because I'm obliged to tell you, doesn't mean you're obliged to listen. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Just because I'm obliged to tell you, doesn't mean you're obliged to listen. Wink

Wait... Haven't you just said that you believe we would have went FUBAR even despite you telling us we are going full retard? Such a lack of faith in our capabilities... Sad

Or maybe the deepest faith in our collective ability to yell Allahu akbar and miss every time while trying to penetrate with a stake...? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3765
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:53 am

Let's say I have faith in your ability to entertain me with your decisions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 am

Jad, you had a good idea with that Merit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 am

Komu není shůry dáno, v apatyce nekoupí.
You won't get less stupid by buying shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:59 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Komu není shůry dáno, v apatyce nekoupí.
You won't get less stupid by buying shit.

Have you heard of Bauerlecitin? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3765
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 am

Alright, you both seem to be more or less set now. I'll need to speed up my own preparations. And for the record, we will not be using attribute specialties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 am

lol!

Edit: We'll see how the game goes, and if we reach some end, I'd like to learn the ST craft. Gods have mercy on your souls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 am

Jad.3 wrote:
lol!

Edit: We'll see how the game goes, and if we reach some end, I'd like to learn the ST craft. Gods have mercy on your souls.

That sounded omnnious...

@Draggy: Good to know! We could make a good chronicle starring two masters of disasters...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 am

I just had to say it you know. We (I hope 'we') will talk about that much later.

Edit: Btw I took that common sense. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 am

Jad.3 wrote:
I just had to say it you know. We (I hope 'we') will talk about that much later.

Edit: Btw I took that common sense. Very Happy

Well, yeah, I know you that much to know you couldn't resist... Well, I am willing to give it a try. Let's hope Draggy sets up the curent one to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3301
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:30 am

Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
I just had to say it you know. We (I hope 'we') will talk about that much later.

Edit: Btw I took that common sense. Very Happy

Well, yeah, I know you that much to know you couldn't resist...

And why do you think is that? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
I just had to say it you know. We (I hope 'we') will talk about that much later.

Edit: Btw I took that common sense. Very Happy

Well, yeah, I know you that much to know you couldn't resist...

And why do you think is that? Wink

After all those years together on the forum, I got to know your sense of humour... Kind of Jewish, to think of it... Well, it is familliar for a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   

Back to top Go down
 
Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha
Back to top 
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SYM VTS Special Edition
» News For Alpha Polaris
» Celebrate the Sponge, 10th birthday edition
» Vampire Fantagian
» RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: Bloodlines and the p&p Game-
Jump to: