Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!

Go down 
+2
ThePhilosopher
Dragatus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm

This is the topic where we discuss how to be less human and more cool.

Battery that can be recharged with human energy, and then used to power up any other biotec or cyborg-ish add-ons you might have.
Biotec features could be radio emitter or bluetooth so you can turn on/off the lights or open/close the garage, and other devices that can be remote controlled.

Got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Be very careful with this... It is easy to go too far with it. I would go more with supporting health: heart disease, muscle dystrophy, tumor detection...

Adding new features may be too overhealming for our brains, not built for dealing with such devices.

Building the interface would be a helluva work too...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Feral wrote:
Be very careful with this... It is easy to go too far with it. I would go more with supporting health: heart disease, muscle dystrophy, tumor detection...

Adding new features may be too overhealming for our brains, not built for dealing with such devices.

Building the interface would be a helluva work too...
The features don't need to be controlled by the brain. They could work passively, like a pacemaker or phone battery; always running on the background.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 6:51 pm

But then it is either a cheap gimmick you could wear on a wristband or use an app instead, or it controls you in turn...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 pm

If it's powered by the energy of your body you're pretty much limited to doing things you can already do as a normal human (with a smartphone). The one thing is that you don't have to train to develop muscle since your machine part already have their potential maximized.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 am

Do love me some transhumanism, my biological body is too bothersome to wanna put up with if given the choice.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 am

Karavolos wrote:
Do love me some transhumanism, my biological body is too bothersome to wanna put up with if given the choice.

Poor health, eh? I now this pain in the neck.
I wouldn't dump mu body though. It would be too hard/awkward to have sex/beat off without it. What is life worth without it?

Draggy is right, too. The energy source poses a problem: what if it runs out? Or if there is a bug in the software?
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

Feral wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

I wouldn't dump mu body though. It would be too hard/awkward to have sex/beat off without it. What is life worth without it?

Draggy is right, too. The energy source poses a problem: what if it runs out? Or if there is a bug in the software?
If the software is the bluetooth/radio transmitter I talked about, it will take very long before it goes out. When it does, you can do just like Spider-man: change the battery on the spot.
Also, you can predict it's charge durability based on how much energy your add-ons use. When it's close to drying out, just change to another battery and let the other one recharge.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am

Feral wrote:

Unfortunately. As far as sex is concerned, not so say I'm a complete doll, but generally speaking I consider myself to be asexual due to a very low interest in it on average; thus the lack of it doesn't come off as a major drawback to me. I'm boring like that What a Face
In conclusion, bring on the cybernetics!
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am

I'd change my entire body in a heartbeat (There's a reason why Tzimisce is my favourite clan)

There will come a time when human limb transplants for people who have lost them will be stronger, more agile and more precise than human arms and legs
There will come a time when, if Elon Musk suceeds, you could link your brain with an AI and be much more powerful intelectually.

That will be dope as fuck, niggah.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 9:28 am

Admittedly skeptic on the hive mind, but the first bit is definitely worth it for me. Provided there's no gigantic drawback like in Deus Ex where you have to take a super-expensive drug for the rest of your life to prevent rejection syndromes or something, of course.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 am

Karavolos wrote:
I consider myself to be asexual due to a very low interest in it on average; thus the lack of it doesn't come off as a major drawback to me. I'm boring like that What a Face

Ohboyherewego.jpeg
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am

The *.jpeg does not open.

Don't think of yourself as boring, Kara! You are fun to have around, even if you are not into sex.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Feral wrote:
The *.jpeg does not open.

Don't think of yourself as boring, Kara! You are fun to have around, even if you are not into sex.
I know an assexual guy. He said the exact same things you did. He is shy and introverted, but one of the most intelligent people I've met. It's fun to be with him when he and us get over his social awkwardness! You are not boring, you are interesting on your own!
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Oh and I just realized that humans and machines are living a symbiotic relationship, where we use the machines for whatever we need and the machines use us for eletric energy.
Humans are one big hivemind, just like ants; but when computers achieve sentience, there's the chance we will have a parasitic relationship instead.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Also, food for thought:

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Point is it's well worth the trade-off to me by virtue of not being much of a loss in the first place. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Cretino wrote:
If the software is the bluetooth/radio transmitter I talked about, it will take very long before it goes out. When it does, you can do just like Spider-man: change the battery on the spot.
Also, you can predict it's charge durability based on how much energy your add-ons use. When it's close to drying out, just change to another battery and let the other one recharge.

If your implants are limited to a bluetooth/radio transmitter you can just use a smartphone. For the implants to make sense they need to offer a more significant benefit. Like the stuff in Deus Ex.

Speaking of Deus Ex, I recently realized how far ahead of it's time the original game was hen it came out back in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Cretino wrote:

If your implants are limited to a bluetooth/radio transmitter you can just use a smartphone. For the implants to make sense they need to offer a more significant benefit. Like the stuff in Deus Ex.

Speaking of Deus Ex, I recently realized how far ahead of it's time the original game was hen it came out back in 2000.
I'd need a smartphone in the first place. I want a little transmitter on my hand, powered by my own body; how hard can it be?
I also thought of having a small pen in my index finger. Like, I'd remove the tip of finger and place a pen inside it and use a Fingertip Cap to hide it!
That, and hidden blades.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 am

Am I the only one who loves his body?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 am

Well, I wouldn't want to mess with it unless necessary. I would only get a mechanical limb if I lost my natural one in an accident for example. I would never trade a healthy natural limb for it.

And I can carry pens in my pockets, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:19 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Am I the only one who loves his body?

Nope. I like mine too. I am very fond of same parts even... lol!

I wish I had better eyesight, no back problems, no allergies, no connective tissue problems and more stamina.

And no balding...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 am

Gotcha bro.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/anjDWDL_460sv.mp4
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 7:23 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Gotcha bro.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/anjDWDL_460sv.mp4

That's sort of fake, bro...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 am

I ain't no miracle worker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!   Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Biotechnology and Cyborg ideas!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next