Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Picture of the Day

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I make no excuses for this. We're weird with pizza. Though one thing ya'll can follow is kebabpizza. It's delicious.

Now I regret being a vegetarian slightly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Feral wrote:
And we have to pay to get our results published... It pains, Draggy...

Those journals are sounding more and more like the science mafia. They're basically extorting money.

Hmm. Do you think there might be a market for a free online alternative funded by donations and if yes, are there any problems with that idea beyond people being stingy misers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:42 am

Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:
And we have to pay to get our results published... It pains, Draggy...

Those journals are sounding more and more like the science mafia. They're basically extorting money.

Hmm. Do you think there might be a market for a free online alternative funded by donations and if yes, are there any problems with that idea beyond people being stingy misers?

One problem I see is the relability of the donators. As publishers need to pay for peer-review, financial stability is a must.
That being said, a reform is truly needed. It is simply too expensive to publish one's results. For our last publication, we were charged 2500 Swiss franks. As the coauthors gathered enough vouchers we paid nada, but to get the vouchers you need to review papers for them...

But yeah, it is a pyramid scheme in which the scientists play old naive grannies...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 25
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:
And we have to pay to get our results published... It pains, Draggy...

Those journals are sounding more and more like the science mafia. They're basically extorting money.

Hmm. Do you think there might be a market for a free online alternative funded by donations and if yes, are there any problems with that idea beyond people being stingy misers?

One problem I see is the relability of the donators. As publishers need  to pay for peer-review, financial stability is a must.
That being said, a reform is truly needed. It is simply too expensive to publish one's results. For our last publication, we were charged 2500 Swiss franks. As the coauthors gathered enough vouchers we paid nada, but to get the vouchers you need to review papers for them...

But yeah, it is a pyramid scheme in which the scientists play old naive grannies...
Maybe a website that charges for access to the publishings? You know, you pay to read only the article you paid to read.
Or, you pay monthly and can read everything you can, like Netflix for articles?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:31 am

Cretino wrote:
Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:
And we have to pay to get our results published... It pains, Draggy...

Those journals are sounding more and more like the science mafia. They're basically extorting money.

Hmm. Do you think there might be a market for a free online alternative funded by donations and if yes, are there any problems with that idea beyond people being stingy misers?

One problem I see is the relability of the donators. As publishers need  to pay for peer-review, financial stability is a must.
That being said, a reform is truly needed. It is simply too expensive to publish one's results. For our last publication, we were charged 2500 Swiss franks. As the coauthors gathered enough vouchers we paid nada, but to get the vouchers you need to review papers for them...

But yeah, it is a pyramid scheme in which the scientists play old naive grannies...
Maybe a website that charges for access to the publishings? You know, you pay to read only the article you paid to read.
Or, you pay monthly and can read everything you can, like Netflix for articles?

There are such sites (Springer et all), but nada of the profits goes to the authors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:27 am

True, that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 am

It's a question of utilitarian morality vs absolute moral imperatives. Batman neglects the former in favor of the latter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am

Dragatus wrote:
It's a question of utilitarian morality vs absolute moral imperatives. Batman neglects the former in favor of the latter.

Therefore he is responsible for the deaths.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm

OK, I get it, but sex with women...? scratch Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Feral wrote:
OK, I get it, but sex with women...? scratch Suspect

I don't think you're ever getting that one What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 am

How do you arrest the whole of Galactic Senate?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 25
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 am

If the whole is made by a single person...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 am

Cretino gets it!





May Claudia never see this

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2726
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:30 am

I was a little worried there for a moment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 am

I am with Draggy on this one...

I am afraid to ask where Kara found it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 am

Like Kara, I also visit the cesspools of the internet. 4chan, in this case.
So I've seen this image before.

The most disturbing part is how many carbohydrates are in the picture :v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac
avatar

Posts : 2726
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 pm

That and I've got friends who link me shit that I then link elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
May Claudia never see this


Doesn't Goku actually win? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3250
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Cheered so much for Croatians. One dive from Griezzfucker and goal from offside and the tone gets different. Oh well. Moving on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
avatar

Posts : 7507
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 34
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:40 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Like Kara, I also visit the cesspools of the internet. 4chan, in this case.
So I've seen this image before.

The most disturbing part is how many carbohydrates are in the picture :v

Building a sixpack as well? Abs are cool.

I cheered for Croatians too... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 2696
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Dragatus wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
May Claudia never see this


Doesn't Goku actually win? Wink

Go fuck yourself.


@Feral: I'm moving out! To São Paulo, where I actually have job prospects and also I shall live on my own.

The full benefits of the bachelor life cannot be unlocked without a six pack for the ladies What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:24 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

I'm afraid I'm not quite flexible enough for that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
avatar

Posts : 3250
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 36
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:18 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
@Feral: I'm moving out! To São Paulo, where I actually have job prospects and also I shall live on my own.

The full benefits of the bachelor life cannot be unlocked without a six pack for the ladies What a Face

That is actually great. May you prosper.

I see you haven't heard the one about naked drunk with a huge dong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   

Back to top Go down
 
Picture of the Day
Back to top 
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Links in picture reminder
» Can you find 9 Hidden people in this picture?
» ML SDCC picture gallery.
» How to make yourself look like a smurf.
» Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: