Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Work on CE 1.4 has started

Go down 
+12
Childe of Munster
srle
Velvet
Claudia
8people
nite
ArchonJonus
Zer0Morph
SoniMax
Kelben
YamiRaziel
Childe of Malkav
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:26 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
SoniMax, you see dead people? I only see undead ones here Twisted Evil

Now the news for the day: The DJs are working quite well.
The email college has got a complete overhaul. It is now linked to the research feat, though not as srict as the requirements for the books. For reasons of game balance I put hacking back to computer and Wits. That's where i allways thought it belongs.
- geek

I'm very excited to see/hear the new DJ feature and the original work on the Email College was outstanding. I'm looking forward to the new changes.
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 am

im just wondering, is it possible to remake some of the characters? that we use for pc characters. i mean some1 from the CE crew able to edit/make new ones or only re-skin ?

bcause i have some good idea with some model change and adding new weapons but if its lack the skill to work it out, i don't start writing it
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am

Changing the models means they don't show up on the character creation screen properly. They end up standing like someone playing Granny Footsteps while having consumed too much sugar.

Reskinning is possible but overt alterations of the models aren't really. Unless there's been a discovery I've missed.
Back to top Go down
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 am

8people wrote:
don't show up on the character creation screen properly.
who cares, i doubt we staring that screen so much while ingame we can control the camera etc. this aint a problem for me
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 am

It's been the reason so far why they haven't been changed.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Creating additional items is impossible, as the list of internal item names is hardcoded. But you can change the printed name, description, model and skin, and even the function of existing ones. I could for example change the titles, levels, and even the ability to rise for the books. And I made the library card into a powerup for research for CE1.3. You can change the stats for weapons, but you can't add new ones. For armor, the restrictions are even more rigid, as the armor rating must be kept as it is. You can add other advantages or disadvantages to any armor if you want.

For changing models, you can use the existing pc models for any clan you like, but many npc modelas do not even have all animations. Hannah for example has only the few animations necessary for her to lie on the bed and look at you. The blood dolls can't do anything but stand there and wait for you to feed on them.
Making changes on the models themselves is possible to a very limited degree. But you'd have to be good with Blender to do it. Don't ask me for details, I really have no idea about that.

The only thing you can do without much trouble is reskinning, if you can work with photoshop or similar software. I can do the necessary file conversions, but as soon as I start the actual work on the targa files, I usually mess it up.

- geek

P.S. For my taste, a redesign of the weapons isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:14 pm

I agree Childe, I've never been a huge "We need new weapons" modder. I kind've felt the weapons already in Bloodlines were fine, and you can only do so much with weapons, especially the guns. I know Lenuska made a golf club out of something else, not sure what, so that was kind've cool.

If you were going to mod weapons at all, I'd probably mod the weapon sounds with better, richer, ones. But thats just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

These mods already exist. They are an optional part of Clan Quest. I think Lenuska's mod is available on PV, and probably also on ModDB. About the weapon sound mod, I'm not sure, but I think I've seen it somewhere too. Both will probably work with CE as well.

- geek
Back to top Go down
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:26 pm

i was just watching the Underworld series and felt its almost VTMB and would be awesome to copy down few things from the film.

like this: http://img693.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=15108055.png

its just a few tough of my ideas that would be cool to place in a mod, but modified weapons like in the film - liquid silver ammo on desert that kills a manbat (on the slideshow above 'protaine_lvl4') with 1-2 shot instantly / that UV ammo which would kill a "normal" vampire with only 1 shot and so on.

just like the characters; Lycans would represent the "Sabbat" clan with the Gangrel clan as well, and the leader would be Lucian himself and so on.

The camarilla's leader would not be sebastian. insted Viktor ( http://www.horrorphile.net/images/rise-of-the-lycans-bill-nighy31.jpg )

and so on and on

these parts would be the modeling/skinning.

i could imagine a Underworld mod as well where we could do the same story line as in the film, but oh well this part would be just impossible.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:08 am

So... you want Camarilla Edition 1.4 to be Underworld Edition using a completely different mythos and ruleset? scratch

Ammo would have to be changed completely. You can only have one set of ammo per weapon as it is. Some ammo is across different weapons as well.

Lycans are werewolves... You do not want World of Darkness Werewolves cropping up more Shocked
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 am

CE on the lines of underworld!?!
To put it bluntly: Just forget it.
As a pure action movie, I've seen worse than Underworld. But for their "lore", I wouldn't touch that with a 10 mile long pole.

- geek
Back to top Go down
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:34 am

dont worry this was my last idea post here;)
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

nite if you like underworld so much buy its game, i am sure there must be one.
Back to top Go down
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Velvet wrote:
nite if you like underworld so much buy its game, i am sure there must be one.
as far as i know there is no underworld game, only tombraider..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:44 am

there have been games for a lot of successful movies.
of the top of my head, there is an avatar game for the movie avatar

there was a time when i collected pcgames based on movies, tv shows, books
you wouldn't believe the stuff i found
like an x files game that was an interactive movie and mulder and scully, the actors david duchovny and gillian anderson, show up
a game based on an extremely intelectual science fiction book that nobody on the movie industry saw fit to adapt.
the game the ring, based on norse sagas

i would expect there to be a game based on the movie underworld
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 am

I've never heard of a game based on Underworld either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 pm

News of the day: Arrow At least in the hubs, you won't find the hidden items at the same old place in every game you play. And you'll need a certain level of inspection to get them at all. This need for inspection will go for a lot of items which are not essential for quests, but only things to find so you can sell them, or don't have to buy a new weapon.

So keep your eyes open Shocked everywhere. You know what a diseased malkavian mind in an evil mood is capable of Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 pm

i explored every inch of santa monica, including the hub, but also every other location, with both auspex and insight on, so i get the greatest bonus on inspection, and i intend to do that in all the other hub.
i did find some trinkets in improbable places, and the glock that only becomes accessible in downtown.

(question: there is an allery besides foxy gloves that appears to be too narrow to walk down.)
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: some thoughts on balancing game   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 3:43 pm

HI I am new to this forum, and I have some ideas for new VTMB:CE 1.4(mostly balance).
I will start with my ideas in clan order:
1.Brujah-They are pretty balanced although +1 brawl would maybe fit better to Gangrel, because Brujah posses much more power when fighting with melee weapons than unarmed.If I have to replace it I would probably give Brujah +1 to melee.As for disciplines they are alright.
2.Gangrel-I would give them +1 frenzy modifier so they can have 2,and maybe +1 to brawl.As for the Disciplines Fortitude is ok,Protean maybe little changes like less unarmed bonus(I think +8 is imba).Now for Animalism it is pretty good discipline, you have 3 disables in it,+blood when feeding on rats,BUT I think last ability is unnecesary.You ask why?Because you alredy have transformation(protean),althought protean and this "release the beast" ability stack(to some degree),it is a waste investing 20 EXP in it, and I dont think its possible to frenzy with these 2 abilities active.All in all I think that ability needs drastic change.But if its gonna be changed dont make it 4th disable, 3 disables are fine.
3.Malkavian-Malkavians are pretty fun to play and they dont need some major balancing, just some minor tweaks in disciplines like:Auspex +3 all mental attributes on 5th level,instead of +4,Dementation last ability maybe a little less duration and little less damage over time.Thats it.
4.Nosferatu-They have extreme huge penalty(masquerade violation on contact), and extremely stupid ability(rats dont run from you, lmao).I wouldnt change any of them, but I would add Nosferatu +1 or +2 to intimidation (and maybe +1 to computer knowledge).And like with Gangrel last ability in Animalism changed ASAP!!!
5.Toreador-Just change last armor of male Toreador.It looks like pijama.
6.Tremere-Tremere are generally played ranged instead of melee(because of Auspex), and I think they dont need any physical attribute to be high at all.Therefore I think that instead +3 physical attribute and blood buff restriction,I would make it +2(I never had Tremere with physical and blood buff above 2 ever).And also, blood shield spell is overpowered.From my experience it lasts like forever and absorbs like 90% and more dmg(who knows how high is dmg cap),and when finally enemy destroys your shield, you just reactivate it.Solution-increase cooldown and decrease dmg cap it takes to destroy shield and make it like 50% dmg absorption.All other Thaumathurgy powers are ok.
7.Ventrue-Tell me one thing, what means "easier exceptance in Camarilla society"?Dominate is pretty balanced(more or less) if i recall right.
Thats it about clans.Now there are some misc things I think they need to be fixed,like:
8.There is some strange thing about phones.When you answer the phone and when you say something or the person you are talking to says something shortly after handset returns itself to phone and you speak to your own hand.Kinda funny though.
9.Why does every (human) enemy that notices you says with same voice(even Chinese guys in Chinatown)-Sabbat thug:"Hey hold it".Weird...
10.Make melee weapons and guns inventory smaller.Like I never needed katana,hook,hammer together at once.1 is enough.As for ranged weapons, make 3 slots available instead of 8.And if I remember right when Lacroix gives you new apartment you get 1 chest in it.You can keep all other guns there.That will make you visit your have more often.
11.Is it possible to add more enemies to fight in some areas, like in warrens, warehouse, hotel Hallowbrook,subterrain levels in Giovanni Mansion etc.
12.Weapons damage balance.Fists and claws increased damage, but not to be strong like katana or hook(current damage is pathetic).Decrease damage of ranged weapons.With Steyr Aug 2 shots kill 1 Society of Leopold bodyguard(if your ranged is high),it means 30 bullets=15 dead guys.Also increase damage of baseball bat, because there is no reason to use it when you get tire iron earlier and it is stronger than bat.Shin Gunto +damage also but not much.
13.In later stages of the game, when you get in trouble with police, can you add cops that look like LaCroix SWAT team, with Steyr Aug and other powerfull guns.Because regular cops are pretty easy to kill later.
14.Make hookers more demanding, in cash ofc.
15.Stealth needs to be improved.Increase chance of being detected.

Thanks for having patience to read this.Well thats everything I could think of right now.And also keep the good work guys.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:54 am

Hi, welcome to CE!

First of all, thanks for your appreciation of our hard work Smile

For your suggestions, you have to keep in mind that CE is more or less a one man project right now, and I only took over after the release of version 1.2 because Zer0morph the original designer of CE decided to do something else, and I didn't want CE to die.

Most of the clan and discipline related things have been done by Zer0morph, and I haven't played with most of the clans except for a few mostly technical testruns in the beta testing of CE 1.2. So I do not intend to make any changes there until Zer0 has released "The Final Nights" and can spend a bit of time discussing possible changes with me.

The "phone bug" came with the original game, and nobody has found a way to deal with it in the five years since the release. Otherwise it would by now be corrected in the unofficial patch, and all of the mods that are still supported by someone.

More or less the same goes for the enemies. It's a thing from the original game, and certainly not worth the time and efford needed to change it.

Honestly I don't have any idea how to go about changing the inventory size. I think, it's hardcoded so a mod can't do anything about that.

Please not the "more and stronger enemies" discussion all over again Twisted Evil We had thhis about a million times allready since the release of CE 1.0 Wink I'm thinking of a few changes in Hallowbrook and the Ming Xiao endgame. Eventually I'll make the bloodhunt a bit harder, but that is pretty low on my priority list and will not make it into 1.4. Just tell me one thing. Why should a normal town suddenly be swamped with SWAT police?

I completely agree on the stealth being too easy. Zer0morph has done something about that for TFN, and if he doesn't want it to be released first in TFN, I'll add it to CE1.4. Else it will have to wait until 1.5, which will come out after the release of TFN, and include things Zer0 wants to release in TFN first, like the new looks of the research books.

I hope I could answer most of your questions / suggestions. And my schedule it rather full, so any new suggestions will most probably not make it into 1.4, except they are really good ideas that don't include a lot of work. I intend to have it ready for beta testing by the middle of august, but this isn't set into stone yet.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 am

This message is for Malkav,

I would be more than happy to help you make any and all changes to the disciplines, both the ones I made and the vanilla ones I kept. It’s cool to see that you plan on reworking those eventually to better fit your vision of CE. As far as the stealth goes, you are more than welcome to use the new one that I made for TFN, it’s definitely harder but a lot more realistic and fun in my opinion. I haven’t had time to fully test it so it will be nice to hear feedback from the CE users if you want to include it in on CE 1.4.
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: some thoughts on balancing game   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks for answer and reading my first post here.That was my rough thoughts about adding more balance to game.
Also I am not realy new to this forum, I just joined recently, but I follow the work of Camarilla Edition and new Final Nights quite some time, and as I mentioned before keep up the good work.

Now about post from Childe of Malkav, I know that modding is pretty limited and that you cannot change everything,but I think clan balance is doable.Also I didnt know that you will wait for Zer0morph to release Final Night and after that you will make some "changes".I hope both will be released soon.

"Phone bug" isnt some big deal, but I didnt see anyone on forum mention it so I thought about being first(or at least I think I am first).

As for Sabbat thug voice can it be somehow turned off instead of changed, at least for Chinese guys?

About inventory idea-It doesnt really need to be fixed, because you can limit it by yourself, by carrying 1 melee and 3 guns.I just merely wanted to know if it is possible.

"More and stronger enemies" is the thing that I would like to see the most in upcoming versions.Because I think this game has extremely easy enemies to fight, for instance I NEVER go under 50% of health.When I played game first time, it was easy then too.Also I forgot to mention in my first post that flamethrower is overpowered(I never use it).

Adding SWAT police-I thought to make police stronger like it is done in GTA games.And also not army of SWAT, maybe 3-4 when you break the law somewhere in Chinatown or even Hollywood.Regular police is too weak then.And if I remember right, when u break masquerade once or twice, LaCroix will say something like:"If you break the masquerade 1 more time, I promise, I will break you.", can you add those SWAT guys with Vampire Hunters to attack you when u break Masquerade?But to separate them somehow.Because I dont think they drink morning coffee together.

I cant wait to see new sneaking (either in FN or CE). Shocked

Well I hope some of my ideas will be used in later versions, because I have some experience in balancing from other computer games.And I can hardly wait for new Camarilla Edition and Final Nights.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

for fans of the underworld movie i found this game for PS2
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

i found an Ingram Mac 10 laying around in Downtown.
with the Glock that i found in Santa Monica,
i don't need to buy any ranged weapon from Fat Larry
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:36 pm

srle,

Childe of Malkav doesn't need to wait for the release of TFN to balance the disciplines. He is free to do that whenever he wants, and I am more than happy to work with him on this. It’s really up to his discretion and the amount of time he can dedicate to CE that will determine whether or not he can rebalance or make discipline changes that reflect his vision. As far as the stealth rebalance is concerned, that’s a mere file that I will email him so I can’t speak for what he wants to do, but it would take all of 2 seconds to implement TFN’s new sneaking system.

As for having SWAT officers come during a criminal violation instead of the regular street cops, that’s an interesting idea that I may consider for TFN. Obviously I wouldn’t implement something like this in Santa Monica or Downtown, but possibly in Hollywood and/or Chinatown. I will ponder this… Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Work on CE 1.4 has started
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next