Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Work on CE 1.4 has started

Go down 
+12
Childe of Munster
srle
Velvet
Claudia
8people
nite
ArchonJonus
Zer0Morph
SoniMax
Kelben
YamiRaziel
Childe of Malkav
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, I'm not completely opposed to SWAT police, but I would consider it illogical that they should appear in some parts of town, and not in others.
I think, if police reinforcements are SWAT, then this should be everywhere in LA or nowhere. This is not from a gaming point of view, but from reality, where the cops don't go for "game balance"

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:35 pm

I hate to say it but Childe of Malkav is right, it is "unrealistic". Now what WOULD be realistic is if your first criminal violation summons regular cops, then your second violation summons SWAT, or something to that effect. It would stay that way regardless of the hub your in, until you take the cab then the counter resets, or in the case of Nossies, it resets when you use the map in the sewers.

Thats an idea! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes a counter to get stronger police response for more crimes commited is a good idea. I don't know if I can do it for 1.4, but I'll keep it in mind.

- geek
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Well I'd like to thank you for considering this idea.And also I didnt mean that SWAT will attack you only in Hollywood or Chinatown, instead of that I thought that when u become strong enough that the game will trigger at certain point, and that SWAT will help regular cops in bringing you down(in any hub).Or something like that.Be creative... cheers
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:21 am

Criminal minds FBI omg ?

One day, maybe.. Bloodlines will look like and act like Heavy Rain.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 am

i have a suggestion.

it always struck me as wrong that you only trigger Occultish Personality when you enter the abandoned hospital. when i explore a new location i only explore roads and alleys, and do not go into buildings until told to do so by the quest log, so i would have no reason ever to go there.

on the other hand, when i first go to the skyeline apartments i have two good reasons to go there, a standing quest from santa monica and the fact that my haven is there - and another quest from downtown. it appears natural then to explore all apartments, and in the course of that exploration i enter apartment 1, mulligan's room, without being prompted, and exploring that room i hack into his computer and, there is a mention there that his next upcoming job will take him to the abandoned hospital. i think that the Occultish Personality quest should be triggered then.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Hm, I don't know...

Even if you enter the hospital and talk to Milligan, the quest is not triggered until you talk to Pisha. So what reason is there to trigger the quest when you hack Milligan's computer. If his mentioning the hospital in the computer and the holes in the fence don't get you curious... Rolling Eyes

Why don't you ask me to make a quest to loot the apartment #3, when you hack the Skyline security computer Cool (Sorry, couldn't resist)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Why don't you ask me to make a quest to loot the apartment #3, when you hack the Skyline security computer Cool (Sorry, couldn't resist)

- geek
Hey, could you make a quest to loot the safe in apartment 3?

I realize your reply is a joke, but to those who think it might be a good idea to make a quest out of everything, it doesn't make sense to me that stealing jewels for your own benefit would be much of a quest. It'd have to be done for someone else. Of course, if it were feasible and you had the time, it would be great to get the assignment to "Go steal what's-her-name's jewelry," as long as it made sense (maybe Jeannette wants some bling, or something). This is exemplified by the changes to several of the quests in 1.3.01.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:14 pm

If you are talking about a real quest with dialogue and all, it's possible, but a shitload of work. And I certainly can't make a quest that needs new dialogue from one of the main npcs. Or can you get me the original voice actors?

But seriously: A new quest for the next version of CE is impossible. There's still enough work with the things I want to do for it. And after that I have scripting to do for TFN.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
But seriously: A new quest for the next version of CE is impossible. There's still enough work with the things I want to do for it. And after that I have scripting to do for TFN.

- geek
I'm sure it is a lot of work, especially given that no one's making any money off it. Did I miss it somewhere, or have you (or Zer0morph or anyone else involved in extreme VTMB modding) set up any kind of a donor program, like the hostage program model or something?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:17 am

At least I'm not aware of aynthing like that.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:22 pm

i did notice the quest where you are supposed to send the blurry photo of a nosferatu being triggered much early, the first time you arrive at your new haven in Downtown, and also a new quest, purging the Cathayan's reports.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Velvet wrote:
i did notice the quest where you are supposed to send the blurry photo of a nosferatu being triggered much early, the first time you arrive at your new haven in Downtown, and also a new quest, purging the Cathayan's reports.
Aaaah, spoliers!

Those are excellent changes incorporated into 1.3.01. They make the game much more logical in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:13 pm

btw, what is the reward from bertram for this quest supposed to be? and it wasn't in my mailbox as bertram says it should be.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:37 pm

It should be $100 in cash. Look in your old haven mailbox in Santa Monica. I think something got messed up and it gets delivered there.

Btw, you are the one who wants mails posted to the right topic. This should have been posted to Bug Reports Wink

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

first of all i want to say thanks for your answer and will do, i will go check the mailbox there as soon as i get the chance.

but...
you are so right, but...
it seemed to be "on topic", in this thread we were discussing changes in CE1.3, and one of the changes was a new quest, it followed naturaly to report a bug in the new quest in the sequence of the conversation...
plus i wouldn't know where to post it. look for the issue in all the topics already existing in the bug reporting topic? start a new topic just to report this bug? that seemed excessive... and what is more so far the bug reporting topic has been for CE1.2, right? shall i start reporting bugs for CE1.3 where previously people reported bugs for CE1.3?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Replacing Chunk?   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't think the Chunk character should be replaced. I don't necessarily like the character, but it's not unrealistic... you see people like that all the time. I'll go to Wal-Mart and the cashier will assume I want to talk, or insist on carrying on a conversation when I'm obviously eager to finish my shopping and leave. You want to just shout, "Shut up and do your job!" But then people look at you like you're psycho, which of course defeats the Masquerade. Smile
Besides, I can see why a vampire would want to hire him for the front desk. He can't get work anywhere else, so he'll keep his mouth shut, and he's easily replaced... perfect for the first line of cannon fodder.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

He doesn't keep his mouth shut, that's the problem people have with him Laughing

His bonus is he has the intelligence of an icicle and the will of an easily distracted puppy with an existing memory problem when it comes to making him forget anything untoward he witnessed, either through monosyllabic words or a command from Domination.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Don't worry, Chunk stays. Even if he is completely junk. No one can fill his seat as good as this bag of donuts.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Glad to hear Chunk is staying, he's really great for comedic relief ! Doesn't matter if he has the IQ of a toadstool...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am

taxi drivers!!!
chummy taxi drivers that want to chat you up are one of my greatest nightmares, which happen often. and you can't believe the utter psychos that you find behind the steering wheels of taxi cabs.
i shudder to think...

playing the game i always indulge chunk, and i find myself too often indulging taxi drivers, but really they are one of the scourges on earth, to me more terrifying - and dangerous, it is nothing short of a violation - than any other thing that goes bump in the night.

and lol i love playing this game and being one of the things that go bump in the night, because, going out at night to me...

taxi drivers... *shudder*

you never know who hides in the anoniminity that is the front seat of a taxi cab.
you never know where the person sitting behind the steering wheel of a taxi cab will lead you, what worlds he will lead you too...

*shudder*
*cold sweats*
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:08 am

Velvet, you should pay more attention to the game:
Taxi drivers are there to drive people to their destination. Arrow

And everybody, please don't hijack this thread for general chatting. (I really don't mind a few remarks, but please don't keep it up)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 pm

aye aye!

i meant, i'm glad chunk stays, oddly enough he is indeed comic relief even if such people in real life to me are a scourge,

and probably could you make the taxi driver more interactive?

on that subject, as i mentioned above, i love the barman in asylum, how interactive he is (was in CE 1.2?) that you could unburden yourself of your life's woes upon him, maybe get other barmen as interactive?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Yes, Velvet, you're right. People like Chunk are a PitA in real life, but good fun in games.

For the taxi driver, it might be possible to make him mor interactive if I can use the endgame taxidrive sequence, and find someone with a good voice and recording facilities. At least I don't need any lip syncs for him Smile
But this will be for the future, not for 1.4.

I don't know what I can do about Cal, the barman in Asylum, but probably I can get Venus back to hear your confessions, even after you dealt with Boris. You're right there. Befoer, she wants to know everything, and when you are a silent partner, all she cares about is your cut of the deal. That might even make its way into 1.4.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 am

yay! it rocks to be the source of ideas that are considered good, that pass, and that make it into the game! a thank you feels at once inapropriate and necessary!
and venus! that was great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Work on CE 1.4 has started
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next