Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Work on CE 1.4 has started

Go down 
+12
Childe of Munster
srle
Velvet
Claudia
8people
nite
ArchonJonus
Zer0Morph
SoniMax
Kelben
YamiRaziel
Childe of Malkav
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
LVecchi
Fledgling
Fledgling
LVecchi

Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello..

first of all, im a new guy here and i really apreciate your work with mods. you guys are awesome!

I dont really know how possible is to change the game and create new stuffs on it, so i ask you guys to be patient if i over exagerate imagening something impossible for the changes.

1 - Is possible to make the Gargoyle in Hollywood more interactive? more dialogs for exmp. Maybe turn him your ally in some way.
make him give you some quests, Instead of just fight him or convince him to turn to the anarks.

2 - I think any of these mods are compatible with the "VTMB Companion Mod", but there is some further conection between CE and this mod?

have you guys thought about join with this mod? Is it possible? 'cause its a very good mode.

3 - Is possible to make the Werewolf (Griffith park) able to be killed by guns or meele attacks(even though hardly), instead of be killed just by that doors? and give u some rare item for loot. (kill a werewolf in combat will be a brave prowess)

4 - The Mission in the cemetary in Hollywood is so hard to complete,(that one u have to kill the zombies) is possible to make it easier?

5 - Is possible in some way, create quests when at the end your pc turns to the Sabbatt?

6 - is possible for the PC shapeshifts to an another form instead of just beast (protean)?

Thanks for everything i hope help u guys with some idea.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 am

LVecchi wrote:
Hello..

first of all, im a new guy here and i really apreciate your work with mods. you guys are awesome!
First of all, welcome to this wonderfull world of bloodsuckers Twisted Evil

Quote :
I dont really know how possible is to change the game and create new stuffs on it, so i ask you guys to be patient if i over exagerate imagening something impossible for the changes.

1 - Is possible to make the Gargoyle in Hollywood more interactive? more dialogs for exmp. Maybe turn him your ally in some way.
make him give you some quests, Instead of just fight him or convince him to turn to the anarks.
Something like this might be possible. But even if it is, it's much more trouble than it could ever be worth.

Quote :
2 - I think any of these mods are compatible with the "VTMB Companion Mod", but there is some further conection between CE and this mod?

have you guys thought about join with this mod? Is it possible? 'cause its a very good mode.
Vampire mods generally are incompatible. For vampire mods, you cant just add some plugins as is done with say Oblivion. That's the reason why there are only a few, but mostly good, Vampire mods, and not thousands of websites full of junk, with some hard to find pearls. Wink And for the companion mod. I don't like the whole idea of it. Vampire is desined as a single character game. I think, having access to a horde of devoted followers who do all the work for you upsets the whole idea of the game. Remember, your character is the "Fledgeling", the newly created vampire, who has not even a sire to show him/her the proper ways in vampire society. So even if it was possible without a lot of extra work, the answer would still be no. At least under the name CE.

Quote :
3 - Is possible to make the Werewolf (Griffith park) able to be killed by guns or meele attacks(even though hardly), instead of be killed just by that doors? and give u some rare item for loot. (kill a werewolf in combat will be a brave prowess)
As far as I know, the werewolf is mostly hardcoded. So no chance of doing anything there.

Quote :
4 - The Mission in the cemetary in Hollywood is so hard to complete,(that one u have to kill the zombies) is possible to make it easier?
This is the one thing that could be done with acceptable efford. But there have been at least as many people asking for more difficult combat, as for easier. And you don't even have to do the zombie fighting to get a reward from Romero. So I will keep the zombie quest as it is.

Quote :
5 - Is possible in some way, create quests when at the end your pc turns to the Sabbatt?
After the endgame started, there is nothing you can do. And before it starts you are limited to the existing maps. So you can add sidequests, but you are limited to the existing maps and models. That doesn't leave room for very much. The main storieline is fixed.

Quote :
6 - is possible for the PC shapeshifts to an another form instead of just beast (protean)?
While it is possible to make changes to disciplines, you can't add new ones. So for everything new you add there, you have to remove something existing. And you can only work with the existing models. I have no idea, what changes really are possible. But as far as I know, only minor ones.
Not to offend you, but there was nothing really new in your questions. It's about the same stuff every new Vampiere asks when they enter the world of darkness Wink
So even if I had to say no to most of the things you ask, have fun with this wonderful game! Smile

- geek

Quote :
Thanks for everything i hope help u guys with some idea.
Back to top Go down
Necrorubi
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:04 am

Quote :
After the endgame started, there is nothing you can do. And before it starts you are limited to the existing maps. So you can add sidequests, but you are limited to the existing maps and models. That doesn't leave room for very much. The main storieline is fixed.

Could you use the same map but with different textures twice? I thought of Grout's mansion: after learning about the Kuejin, one could revisit the first part of the map for gathering clues on Grout's assassination. The walls would need to be retextured though. I thought it was a pity to leave the library and the surgery only for so little story.
Or some of the stories of Lacroix' Tower or a Nosferatu only spy mission?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Necrorubi wrote:
Could you use the same map but with different textures twice? I thought of Grout's mansion: after learning about the Kuejin, one could revisit the first part of the map for gathering clues on Grout's assassination.
That would be hard since the mansion burns down, unless you mean just the exterior.
Back to top Go down
Necrorubi
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Yeah, I thought about that and I actually meant the exterior and maybe the (scorched version) of the Library. Two other things: I find it hard to believe that the didn't arrive firemen at some point or that there was no automated fire extinguisher system in place (those things who sprinkle down water from the ceiling). However, Grout's mansion was mostly built form wood so ... yeah, it might have burned down to the ground.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Or maybe fireman managed to save at least some parts of it. It would be awesome if you could go back there as a Malkavian for example and wander around what's left of the mansion and as Necrorubi said, the library. I don't know if it's possible to make it look as the last floor of the abandoned hotel in SM (though I'm almost a hundred percent sure it is not).

I could absolutely see the player meeting Beckett in remains of Grout's library Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Necrorubi
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:54 pm

"gathering clues on Grout's assassination"

... like clawmarks from "ninja-climbing-hooks" or the like. To be found only with high Inspection?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

it is an antiquated mansion, a fire hazard for sure, those fire safeties would have to be added as after thoughts at great expense and great trouble and impossible to blend in, such features are incorporated, built in, only in more modern structures.

and grout was too antiquated, too old fashioned, to even consider it

he had other more personal concerns for his life.

plus the house is firebombed, i am sure accelerants, no sprinklers or fire fighters could have saved it, only contain the fire.

it even appears on the news, the fire is grout's mansion triggers a brush fire, sets fire to adjoining vegetation and other mansions are at risk, the fire fighters have trouble containing THAT, too late for the house itself.

what i proposed previously as someone who loves to play malkavians and loves grout, is to sidestep the issue altogther, somehow change history and the character saving grout's life and preventing the fire from starting.

but it is a main quest, integral to the plotline, you would have to build an entirely different story line

and i have read in other threads hard coded?
that some things are just impossible to change?

i would like to play a game where a malkavian saves grout's life and his mansion from burning, but i don't know if such mod is possible and for sure that game could not be called bloodlines, i see zer0morph's point there.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Necrorubi wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that and I actually meant the exterior and maybe the (scorched version) of the Library. Two other things: I find it hard to believe that the didn't arrive firemen at some point or that there was no automated fire extinguisher system in place (those things who sprinkle down water from the ceiling). However, Grout's mansion was mostly built form wood so ... yeah, it might have burned down to the ground.
There is a news story on the television after you return from the Grout mansion, about a fire in the Hollywood hills, so I think fire fighters did respond to it. Remember, the fire was set by Bah on purpose to kill Grout, so he probably did a pretty thorough job of setting it (as Velvet stated), making it difficult for the fire fighters to get there before the whole place burned down.

If the game worked the way I think it should (and this has more to do with Troika than with Childe of Malkav and/or Zer0Morph) we'd have the opportunity to take the tapes from the recorders for later study. At the very least, I think the Nosferatu would be interested in them.

Velvet wrote:
i would like to play a game where a malkavian saves grout's life and his mansion from burning
I guess it's easy to tell which Clan is your favorite. albino

Quote :
but i don't know if such mod is possible and for sure that game could not be called bloodlines, i see zer0morph's point there.
We could call it Grout-lines.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I really couldn't stand it any more. The blooddolls in the clubs just standing in one place waiting for you to turn up and bite them. So from now on, they will be somewhere among the usual customers, dancing, chatting, walking around. And if they turn you down because of low seduction, they move away, and don't just stand there waiting for the next stupid dialog attempt to come along.
Very nice. That adds a touch of realism.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 am

Beta tests for Camarilla Edition v 1.4 have started. If no unexpected big problems turn up, the new version will be ready for download by the end of August!

This version is based on the 7.0 plus version of Wesps patch. (There are of course changes, so don't rely too much on the walkthrough provided with the new UP versions.)

There are two main new features:

In the clubs (Asp Hole, Asylum, and Confession) you will find DJs. You can ask them to play up to four different songs. In the default setting, you have the choice between the music from the original game, and the music used by previous CE versions.
Also included is a step by step instruction to setup your own choice of music.
All you need is the mp3 files of your favorite songs, and a simple texteditor (Notepad).

In the four hubs you will find hidden items. Some of them useful like weapons and armor, some sellable for profit. This in itself is nothing new, but as of now you need a certain level of inspection to find them at all. And additionally, when you start a new game, the items will turn up in different places. The more valuable an item is, the harder it will be to find it. Your chance of finding items is recalculated every time you revisit the hub from a different map, depending on your base inspection level. Disciplines like Auspex will only help you by sooner revealing the item's sparklies.

The email college, known from CE 1.3, has been completely revised and streamlined for easier understanding and handling.
The same goes for the "Bertram needs you" miniquest, that allows Nosferatu to get the downtown haven earlier in the game.

Other, smaller changes include:
- The Malk text in the tutorial was overhauled and all the stupid "I'll do this deed." answers replaced.
- Venus is prepared to receive your confessions even after you become silent partner, instead of only asking: "Money, right?"
- the blooddolls in the clubs behave like people now. They don't just stand there and wait for you to drain them dry.
- When you seduce Dennis in the beach house, his goon doesn't disappear right into thin air anymore. Instead he will turn up somewhere else in the house.

There are a few other minor changes, but the best is for you to see for yourself. I can't take the whole fun out of it, can I?

Childe of Malkav

P.S. Wit this announcement, this topic is locked. Further announcements and findings of the testers will go into the Bete Test section. If you have questions or suggestions, please post them in the Question or Ideas sections.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:40 pm

I had to make a patch for CE 1.4.
You can find a download link in the "download center" topic.

Camarilla Edition 1.4 update patch 01

This patch is delivered as a zip archive. You can unpack it directly into your bloodlines folder, or unpack it to a neutral place and manually copy the two folders (\vampire and \clubmusic) there, allowing Windows to merge folders and overwrite files.

This patch deals with the following problems:
- Imalia only accepts the copy of "Guy" magazine acquired at the Sin Bin, not the one found in Carsons trunk.
- the missing skin on the woman in Glaze club
- the Nos Haven Quest ("Bertram needs you") not turning up. It seems this quest is cursed. Probably Gary turns up to make sure, he is the only one to give the sewer haven to the player.
- The music 1 missing in the clubs with DJs. In order to keep the patch file small, and not to upset things for players who have installed custom music, this patch only repairs the emergency backup in the clubmusic directory, not the files in the game itself. In order to restore music 1 in the game, you have to copy the \vampire folder in the \clubmusic\default folder into your bloodlines folder.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 am

Today I have updated the patch for CE 1.4 to version 2. The new one replaces the old version. The installation procedure is the same as in the first version.
Remember that you have to set up the missing music files manually, if you didn't install your own music.

Additional contents:

- dealt with the problems in the Nos haven quest
- repaired Gary's phone call after rescuing Barabus
- removed problems with the hidden items on some hubs

I really hope, all problems are solved now.

- geek

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work on CE 1.4 has started   Work on CE 1.4 has started - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Work on CE 1.4 has started
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4