Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Chat

Go down 
+26
Ayo
Cthulhu
Duncan.Oliver
Nachtrae
eye of the divine
Alichino
Dragatus
Karavolos
Meowolf
Voraxith
Jad.3
blacktrench
z.o.o.
Klahera
PGM1961
Eliza
ThePhilosopher
Feral
bliebje
Childe of Munster
Maximus1
Childe of Malkav
Claudia
8people
Zer0Morph
YamiRaziel
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

General Chat - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

It's storming out here Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Got myself some new earphones and decided to try some more expensive ones for the last time for the better sound quality. If they don't last for at least a year (I always have bad luck with earphones in that one side always breaks internally), I'm going back to the cheapass things you can buy anywhere.

But the sound. The SOUND! I love you
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
Got myself some new earphones and decided to try some more expensive ones for the last time for the better sound quality. If they don't last for at least a year (I always have bad luck with earphones in that one side always breaks internally), I'm going back to the cheapass things you can buy anywhere.

Ugh, know what you mean. I lived off of two-for-a-pound earphones for a while, but the cable always ended up disconnecting somewhere and making me right-side paranoid.

I support your bravery!
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Ayo wrote:
Nachtrae wrote:

Ugh, know what you mean. I lived off of two-for-a-pound earphones for a while, but the cable always ended up disconnecting somewhere and making me right-side paranoid.

I support your bravery!
I tried it once before, and the cable did the same thing at the right side. This is my last gamble, but so far I'm entranced by the wonderful sound coming from these things, straight into my ears cheers I love you
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Guys, I'm wondering, is any of you a TWD (The Walking Dead) fan? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm

I never cared much for zombies. I much prefer intelligent undead to mindless ones.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
Guys, I'm wondering, is any of you a TWD (The Walking Dead) fan? Smile

I watched the first season on AMC and absolutely loved it. Haven't seen any more since, and I haven't read the comic.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I never cared much for zombies. I much prefer intelligent undead to mindless ones.
This
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I haven't seen The Walking Dead other than a few clips here and there, but I do enjoy zombie flicks.
I do, however, much prefer to see how the world goes to hell rather than follow a group of survivors in the aftermath.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 am

I haven't seen The Walking Dead. A few years ago when I was unemployed and had to cancel my cable TV service, I got out of the habit of watching TV in general... even the Sci-Fi channel, which was mostly all I watched anyway. (I know... it's SyFy now. BFD.) But I avoided TWD because I heard it was more melodrama than action.

Zombieland was good, though. Comedy, action, survivors bonding instead of arguing/killing each other. Plus a Bill Murray cameo. How can you go wrong?
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

TWD is not about the action, it's about the characters dealing with the consequences of their decisions. The comics is absolutely amazing, the game is a masterpiece and the TV show is really fun to watch. It's not the classical zombie movie ... it's much more and I personally love it. To compare TWD to other zombie movies feels like comparing VTM to Underworld.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:55 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
...like comparing VTM to Underworld.

WIN!
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:16 am

Is the series True Blood recommendable?
I saw positive statements about it, I tried to watch the first episode, but after the first Vampire shows his ridiculous fangs like a rabbit I
got my doubts.
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 am

Alichino wrote:
Is the series True Blood recommendable?
I saw positive statements about it, I tried to watch the first episode, but after the first Vampire shows his ridiculous fangs like a rabbit I
got my doubts.

My thoughts exactly... albino
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 am

I've seen the first three seasons of True Blood. I can recommend watching it for the lulz, but if you want something serious you'll need to look elsewhere.

Though I did learn one somewhat interesting thing from it. Apparently "brujah" is Spanish for "witch".
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah, Bruja means witch. but without the H, and pronouncing it correctly ! Very Happy

The again, Toreador is this :

General Chat - Page 9 Artsmt0847

The authors picked random foreign words without thinking of their meanings so, blah.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 am

Hm, that is a kind of "artist". Admittedly not the best kind of art. And Celerity comes handy in that line of work Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Claudia wrote:
Yeah, Bruja means witch. but without the H

Or as the Ventrue would say, Brujah means witch without the W.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 pm

so where does the Tzimisce name comes from?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:57 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
so where does the Tzimisce name comes from?

If tzimisce.net is to be belived:
Quote :

This may be either a rather strange spelling of a Yiddish word referring perhaps to a type of "carrot stew" or it may refer to the Byzantine Emperor John I Tzimisces.

The "carrot stew" version is reportedly from Mark Rein*Hagen himself, as communicated to me by Alyssa Gulledge. If accurate, I suspect it's related to the Yiddish/German "zermischen" which means something like "to mix up thoroughly" ("zer-" often indicates some destructiveness or violence in the action.) I've seen "tsemishe" (basically "zermische" using an English phonetic spelling) and related forms in a Yiddish reference with the base meaning of "mix up", and the extension to stew seems logical. The specification to carrots is possibly a narrowly distributed dialect feature or possibly even an idiolect feature related to the loss of the use of "zermischen" in a wider context, not an unusual occurrence among descendants of immigrants as the language of their forebears fades from everyday use. The pronunciation of "tsemishe" is much closer to stated pronunciations of "tzimisce" than the pronunciation that I would expect from the spelling of "tzimisce", leading me to wonder how this spelling came about and what its relationship to the epithet of a Byzantine emperor might be.

The Emperor's nickname is incidentally the anglicized spelling of the Byzantine Greek spelling of an Armenian nickname, which, according to a medieval Byzantine source, means "shorty" in Armenian. (Tzimisces and his family were of Armenian extraction.)

It could be a corruption of the surname Temsice. Like George Temsice; provost of Cassel. Mentioned in Saint Sir Thomas More's "Utopia"

And la Sombra is shadow in Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 am

And Giovanni is that guy from Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:04 am

Giovanni is John in English...
Full source: http://www.tzimisce.net/whitewolfword.php

Ethymology of some Clans, Auspices etc is really hilarious. For example, Inconnu is kind of oily freshwater fish...
I guess I wouldn't go out of my way to bring that fact to Vlad Tepes' attention.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 am

Giovanni is just a random first name in Italian. Yes it's kind of the English John or.

Inconnu means "unknown" in French.

Tremere is a latin verb (to tremble, to fear) but according to VTM1st ed, it pronounces "trimaar". I should look into ars magica but bleh. Latin and medieval latin got about nothing in common <_<

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 am

Claudia wrote:

Inconnu means "unknown" in French.

That too... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:23 pm

The amount of french and spanish on Kindred vocabulary is too damn high!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next