Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

two disciplines at the same time

Go down 
+2
8people
Velvet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

two disciplines at the same time Empty
PostSubject: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:18 am

i am playing a malkavian
i am at the sabbat warehouse

i am trying to run auspex and obsfucate at the same time
so that i see them miles away or hidden and i can come upon them unnoticed

but the game keeps crashing.

it might not be the game
my computer is very weak

in normal situations, in ideal situations for game performance, say in a small and simple room like the tattoo parlor in santa monica, the game will stutter while i try to turn around, and even sometimes while moving forwards, say because the camera angle changes, or sometimes when i am approaching a usable object, the game will stutter before the use icon appears

so it might be that my system cannot handle at the same time the game and the two disciplines running.
i noticed that it stuttered before the aura of somebody first appeared through a wall, just like a use icon.

anyway i am asking which is it, or even both, that either my computer or the game or both are not cut out for that.

i really want to go through this level this way, i mean i am a malk with those abilities, i want to use them.
but maybe i have to resignate myself to the fact that i can't...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 am

Have you had similar issues in previous play throughs?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:15 pm

i am thinking...

in the warehouse playing a toreador i would activate several disciplines at the same time, three actually, presence and celerity and blood buff, for combat, and it didn't slow down the game.

i have used insight and auspex at the same time in this play through to increase inspection and it might decresase a bit game performance but it didn't crash, this time around playing a malkavian.

i have played a tremere and i think i have had blood form and auspex at the same time.

but i don't remember ever before trying to do this, to see them from afar and approach them stealthily... warehouse has been the first big combat scenario...

wait.
i tried this at the beach house and i think i already had this issues.

i played malkavian a long time ago, i don't remember how i went through the warehouse before...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:15 pm

I'd say it's a matter of the graphic chip. Auspex and Obfuscate both use a lot of additional graphic effects. Bloodbuff, celerity and even presence only have minor graphics compared to obfuscate. Bloodform, once established doesn't need a lot of graphic memory either.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

ya i had kinda figured it was on account of my weak computer...
thanks anyway...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:26 pm

You should build a new gaming rig, call it your Bloodlines CE rig! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

i discovered a funny thing:
if i am in 3rd person view, crouching in stealth mode, with a drawn ranged weapon, with obsfucate and auspex activated, all these at the same time, it crashes.
but standing in first person view with no drawn weapon i could run around no problem
(i cheated: i got obsfucate enough to run around)

my rig is very old, but i cannot affor a new one.
and it is not just bloodlines.

if i am doing research online, with several windows open at the same time, including one with a word processer to take note, it lags a lot as well.
and for example facebook it also lags a lot.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Then upgrade your system or close unnecessary applications and processes before using something heavy on your rig.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:35 am

i'll try that
... to the best of my knowledge and ability...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm pretty sure I have run with Auspex and Obfuscate running at the same time with no ill effects, so perhaps, Velvet, you are correct in thinking it is not the game. 3rd person view is more graphic intensive than 1st person.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:34 pm

When playing malkavian or Tremere I do have sometimes two disciplines with timer running at the same time (or more, with bloodbuff for instance)... I never noticed something going wrong with that :/
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:41 pm

i have managed to work around the problem, thanks for your concern Munster.
did i mention it above? walking upright in 1st person? i did.
i know for sure that my machine is weak and capricious, where do you think the inspiration for the beginning of my story came from in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Velvet wrote:
i have managed to work around the problem, thanks for your concern Munster.
did i mention it above? walking upright in 1st person? i did.
Sure and begorrah, you did.

Quote :
i know for sure that my machine is weak and capricious
Do we like our Ghouls the way we like our computers?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

lol listen really i have a connection and a relation with my computer, i drew inspiration for that part of my story from personal experience... i speak with it a lot, well mostly i yell at it, that's true, but i do ask it to cooperate, and it mostly takes my abuse stoically, but it's erratic performance makes me feel it is wily, it has a mind of its own and sometimes it chooses to cooperate sometimes it doesn't.

and you bet it triggers such powerful emotions, even if negative, that the bond i formed with it is strong. i envision with mixed feelings the idea to replace it with a more powerful machine, for sure i wouldn't dump it in the trash, i would put it to pasture but close to me.

while in the game indeed heather is such a push over, a door mat, so eager to please, that indeed the dialogue option are there to totaly despise her and use her, milk her for all she's worth but indeed remain indifferent, unconnected, to her, use her as i would use an appliance, say a faucet.

to me your question makes perfect sense, it is possible to empathize more with the machine that i am using to play the game than with the character that is a part of the game itself.

maybe that atitude crept into my story?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:26 am

childe of malkav, i am sorry but i have to do this.
it is an afterthought.
i sent the message and only then realized that my point was not complete, that i had left a loose end dangling so i had to post again to snip it.

don't you think that i use heather in the way that i seem to imply that i do, even though it is possible.

i choose the most compassionate dialogue options available, trying to reciprocate her love for me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Velvet wrote:
childe of malkav, i am sorry but i have to do this.
it is an afterthought.
i sent the message and only then realized that my point was not complete, that i had left a loose end dangling so i had to post again to snip it.

don't you think that i use heather in the way that i seem to imply that i do, even though it is possible.

i choose the most compassionate dialogue options available, trying to reciprocate her love for me.
I do the same. Even towards a computer-generated character, I can't be a mean jerk. I made some allusions to that in my own little foray in the fan fic section. But it has nothing to do with how "Heather" is going to feel, since "she" is just audio files and Python code (and other technical jiggery-pokery). It has to do with how I feel about acting like an asshole. It doesn't make me feel good, regardless of the context, so I don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 am

it's a human trait, complex, she becomes a person.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I was playing 1.3.01 as a Brujah last night (I've never finished VtMB, of any flavor, as a Brujah) and I wanted to see if I could kill Bert just for fun (early on, right after getting back from the warehouse). I fired up Celerity, Presence, Bloodbuff and Potence. No problems.

I was not able to kill Bert in 3 tries. One time he one-shotted me. The other 2 times, I survived 3 hits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two disciplines at the same time   two disciplines at the same time Empty

Back to top Go down

two disciplines at the same time
Page 1 of 1