Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crab-style Kung Fu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Hey folks,

I came across another little bug last night when, frustrated by another glitch (elevator button problem, now solved thanks to you lovely people), I decided to create a brand new character.

I chose a Gangrel and waded once more through the tutorial and then onto Santa Monica. Having poked fun at Mercurio for being less than macho, I agreed to help him with his astrolite problem, and sauntered up to the clifftop, where I came across a distinctly rude, semi-naked idiot. I immediately offered to introduce my foot to his rectum and he became riled, starting a combat. I fired up Protean and Fortitude and hit the attack button. Which is where the problem occured:

I found myself in the usual 3rd-person brawl/melee camera position, with a unique twist: my character was facing sideways. The target reticle was still in the same place, but my character could only strike directly to his left, at 90-degrees to the usual avenue of attack. I had to do some very inventive manouevring to avoid him beating the dreadlocks off my head

Anyway, closing down that character and opening up another I found the same problem. It was only solved by closing down the whole program and restarting it.

Am I the first to find this one? Is there a prize?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Do you have anything that alters camera angles installed? When using the pnp mod or the clan mod, can't remember which, probably both. There are keys which were assigned to change camera views. If I remember right they were bound to the numpad.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Hey there, Flax.
Maybe you accidentally pushed one of the keys on the numpad. Those keys trigger different camera perspectives in 3rd-person-view which would be exactly what you mentioned, at least I think so.
If I'm right and that's the case, I'm fairly sure you will want to reset the camera back to normal without having to quit the game.
To reset the camera back to the normal viewpoint behind your character you need to press the '2' on the numpad. At least if I'm not wrong right now; if it doesn't work, try out some of the other numbers. Eventually you'll be alright again. (That is, if that was the original source of the problem.)

Edit: Hupsie, late. Anyway, 8people, the camera views are integrated in CE if I'm not mistaken, too.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Aha. So it's my own innate stupidity and tendency to button-mash that's let me down, rather than the game itself. I half suspected as much. Wink

Anyhoo, I'll give that a go tonight. Thanks all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi,

Eliza, you're right, the camera on the num pad is in CE as well as in the UP. So it's probably also in most of the other mods.

For 1.3 I have included three different autoexec files to choose from for the camera. They are located in your bloodlines folder in the subdirectory \vampire\cfg.
Standard is autoexec.cfg where the setup is: 2 you look over your character to the front, 6 you look from the right over your character. Imagine him standing on the 5, and if you press the other numbers, the camera moves to that place, allways looking in the direction of your character.
If you don't like this, you can rename autoexec.8up to autoexec.cfg, then 8 looks forward, 4 to the left, and so on.
Or you rename autoexec.noc (for no cam) to autoexec.cfg, then the camera is not linked to the num pad.

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Aww, now I miss not having a NumPad on my laptop Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:19 pm

I use a laptop, too. But I bought a cheap USB keyboard and mouse for it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:06 pm

You can also buy seperate USB numberpads; I bought one when I used to play MMO's on my old laptop to prevent my hands turning into gnarled claws

Oh, and the numberpad thing worked, so many thanks for your help (again)
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 am

Until I can find a cheap squid I'm okay with this setup Smile

Main problem I have is I have a Dell where they decided to make the function keys near impossible to use for gaming. They're all assigned presets and to use them as F1 etc you have to use the function key. *grumbles*

So far all attempts to alter layout have resulted in Dell giving me dirty looks and undoing any changes, at least you can change hotkeys... awkward sods...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Glad to hear they fixed your problem Flax!

Now let's talk about getting some crab-style kung fu in the game for real this time! HAHA! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm

I find myself more partial to Lobster Knife Fights, myself.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:16 pm

You do that, Zer0. It will solve all your model problems in TFN, when everybody looks like Ming in her nicest form. Cool

8people, I didn't know you were so posh Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You do that, Zer0. It will solve all your model problems in TFN, when everybody looks like Ming in her nicest form. Cool

- geek

I WILL you watch!! Ok no I won't... rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Crab-style Kung Fu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crab-style Kung Fu   Crab-style Kung Fu Empty

Back to top Go down

Crab-style Kung Fu
Page 1 of 1