Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Two message boards united! (Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Zero and Childe combine the forums of CE and TFN.
1. Yes, that will be awesome.
69%
 69% [ 9 ]
2. No, being separate is better.
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
3. I don't think it's worth the trouble.
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
4. It doesn't botter me the way it is now, so I'm leaving the decision to them.
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:17 am

Zer0 & Childe why don't you combine the two forums of CE and TFN in one?
Is there really a point to separate the fans in two different message boards?
You are one TEAM. Why don't you unite all the fans in one message board?
There are plenty of dedicated fans here and there and plenty of good ideas posted in both forums.
I think it will be quite beneficial to you and us to be all in one place!

I don't know how you feel towards this idea, but still I'm going to post a poll to see what the fans think about it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am

Because they are two different mods with two different main leads and different bugs.. I think there should be one forum for one mod, so when playing with one or another...
BG has his forum for CQM too ^^
And Zer0, malky and BG do have some contacts ("hey can you python for me").. I, for instance, is working on translating the dialogues into French for CQM, therefore my work will be usefull for Wesp, and maybe for Childe too (it's just erasing a couple of lines ^^).

So I do not think merging forums of two different works is a good idea (people have enough trouble to go to the right sections when bug repporting ^^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 pm

You can have 2 forum sections in one message board. As the CE thing is separated from "Other Great Mods" and "Fan Fiction.
CE and TFN have far stronger ties than CQM and CE/TFN.
And since many of the ideas that go for TFN will probably be present in future versions of CE too, I don't think that 2 message boards are needed. It makes tracking ideas and suggestions a lot more harder.

For example Zero posted the some screenshots of the new skins here, but I can't seem to find them anywhere on the TFN board or ModDB. If I wasn't such a fan of his team's work I would have missed them.

Anyway, thank you for your comment Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:29 pm

First off I went ahead and made this a sticky, because I feel this question is very important and I'd really like alot of community feedback.

This is an idea I've been tossing around in silence for some time now. CE has a very large fanbase and an extremely dedicated following and as TFN begins to grow and will be eventually released I start to think that maybe having both mods hosted on the same forum is a good idea. Here are some of the reasons why I support this decision...

1. CE is established and large, we have over 250 members and get about 5-10 new members per week, along with ALOT of activity and posts so alot of fans come through this forum at some point. This site is obviously great for advertising TFN!
2. CE and TFN are meant to be brother/sister mods. What I mean by that is both mods have the same base foundation such as the blood loss sytem, discipline changes, the need to feed theory, and overall direction. I mean TFN is being built right on top of CE 1.2 and if put side by side CE and TFN should mirror each other.
3. The whole point of TFN was to give the player the CE experience but with 7 new clan choices. If installed side by side with 2 different Bloodlines installations you should feel like it's the same game with 14 clan choices.
4. As Raziel pointed out, as TFN grows I'm getting more and more confused as to where I should post my screenshots and news events. CE gets alot more traffic while since TFN has it's own forum, I should be posted things there so I get conflicted.
5. It's getting confusing where fans should be posting and it would help me, Childe of Malkav, and the fans to have 1 central place to express their thoughts... on both mods. I'm sure CE fans will eventually want to give TFN a whirl, and I'm sure fans that started out on TFN will eventually say "I wonder what playing the original 7 clans would be like with all these changes", meaning they'll eventually want to give CE a try.
6. This may seem tedious, but fans that hang out on these boards will naturally want to increase their forum rankings and having 2 forums. splits their posting credits in half. Having 100 posts on CE and 50 posts on TFN sucks because if we had 1 site then they would have 150 posts total giving them a higher rank.

I'm really glad YamiRaziel spoke up and made this thread because I was eventually going to ask Childe of Malkav about this to see what he thought. I already have ideas on how I would implement such a change and I really do think it's in the best interest for everyone, especially me, to have everything centralized.

Childe,

What do you think of this idea? Feel free to post your comments publicly or if you want to talk about this in private I'm just fine with that too. Smile

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:29 pm

I see it's unanimous (so far).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, I don't see any reason why we should not use the same forum for ideas, general talk, and other things. Bu we have to clearly divide subforums for bug reporting, testing issues, and other things that are clearly meant for one mod or the other.

So on the whole, I think it's a good idea.

To be honest, Zer0, I didn't quite understand why you started a whole new forum for TFN in the first place.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm glad you both approve the idea. We will be waiting the merge now Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, I don't see any reason why we should not use the same forum for ideas, general talk, and other things. Bu we have to clearly divide subforums for bug reporting, testing issues, and other things that are clearly meant for one mod or the other.

So on the whole, I think it's a good idea.

To be honest, Zer0, I didn't quite understand why you started a whole new forum for TFN in the first place.

- geek

Because I originally wanted to break away from CE completely. Over time many hands were involved with CE and I felt like I was losing control over my baby and I wanted something all my own, where I didn't have to ask permission to do anything. And I know many people would say, "We all knew it was yours so you didn't need to ask permission to do anything", but I still felt like I did, so I thought starting over building on CE 1.2, getting my own forum, etc.. was the way to go.

Now looking back I see that all it did was divide the fans and the community, and I wish I would've just used the same forum and split it instead of creating a 2nd.

I'm pretty sure I can change the URL but we may just want to leave it the same so people don't get confused. So much stuff is documented as camarillaedition.darkbb.com and they know this is the place to go, so I wouldn't want fans getting lost trying to get here. I don't think it's a big deal for TFN to use the CE URL.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can change the URL but we may just want to leave it the same so people don't get confused. So much stuff is documented as camarillaedition.darkbb.com and they know this is the place to go, so I wouldn't want fans getting lost trying to get here. I don't think it's a big deal for TFN to use the CE URL.

Thoughts?
Well, the user base at the TFN forums is so small compared to here that it doesn't seem like it would be a very big deal. How many TFN members could there possibly be who are not aware of CE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Well, the user base at the TFN forums is so small compared to here that it doesn't seem like it would be a very big deal. How many TFN members could there possibly be who are not aware of CE?

I wouldn't think very many and what I would end up doing is creating a "We Moved" Banner and post up links everyone so users couldn't miss it. Once they checked out the CE forum and realized we dug out a home here instead I think all would be well. I would keep TFN up just for that purpose because all of our promotional stuff we've made up until this point has the old URL on it, like the Youtube Videos n such.

Fortunately TFN hasn't been released yet so if we're going to do this, we need to do it in the next month or sooner. In all honesty, it looks like the move is probably going to happen. Childe seems onboard, I've been thinking about this for a solid month or so, and it seems most of the fans find the convience of posting in 1 place alot easier. Plus of course the posts would stack up too, no longer would they be divided between 2 sites.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Merging them makes total sense, so long as there are clearly defined areas dedicated to both mods. I kind of wondered, when I popped in last week, and found the TNF forum why they were not all in one place to begin with Razz After reading your post Z, I can understand your reasoning, but for what it's worth, I say merge them...will make your whole team and efforts feel less divided and more cohesive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Sounds like the community as a whole wants this to happen. As long as their aren't any major objections then I will probably begin the merger this week. I would like to use the TFN forum template for a basis of the new look as I prefer the layout much more than the CE one. When I was creating the CE forum I just kind've picked whatever on a whim not really knowing what I was doing. With TFN alot of careful planning went into the design layout and I figured out how to import/export forum templates so that's what I'll probably do.

We would keep the CE URL after all though, most people have grown to come here out of habit and I'd hate for everyone to have to change their favorites because of this, or for Childe to have to change every piece of CE promotion to the new address. Unfortunately I will have to change all TFN stuff but fortunately there's not alot of it yet.

I like the fact that everyone will be posting in one place because then we won't have to have 2 webpages open to feel connected to everyone, AND every post will count towards a higher Kindred Ranking. We should start seeing alot more Elders and Methuselahs over the next few months.

Ok I'm off to bed now, goodnight World of Darkness! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I like the fact that everyone will be posting in one place because then we won't have to have 2 webpages open to feel connected to everyone, AND every post will count towards a higher Kindred Ranking. We should start seeing alot more Elders and Methuselahs over the next few months.

Ok I'm off to bed now, goodnight World of Darkness! Sleep
Oh, yeah, now I can lord it over all those newbies.

albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 am

LOL Childe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 am

Oh damn, too many "children" now Razz

Zero is it possible import the topics from the TFN forum into this one? You can also add some posts count to the members who posted the most in TFN forums. It isn't much trouble as they are not more than 20.

In my opinion the easiest way to inform the TFN fan base is the following:
Replace the banner with a one that says we are moving to the CE board (which from now on should be called Camarilla Team Board, or something new that combines you as a team not as separate projects).
You can let that banner say for let's say a week or two. During that time you can lock all the topics there and import them here. If there isn't any other way you can just create the topics that we created there and copy our posts the following way:
Topic: Custom Made CE/TFN Ghoul
ZeroMorph posted: Yes you read that right, it's an idea I just had moments ago stirring in my head. ... bla bla bla
Childe of Munster: Bla bla bla
Zero: bla bla bla
YamiRazie: bla bla bla

That way we will have the topics and will know who said what. The only difference will be that you will have to manually raise post counts to our profiles instead of the posts themselves does it.

I'm not sure (actually i'm 99% sure) but I think that the passwords are crypted. I don't think that you will be able to copy members from there to here. So if somebody has a registration there but doesn't have one here you will have to wait till he registers (if he registers at all) to give him the posts he had there (I personally don't care but it might be important to many).

After those for example 2 weeks expire, you can complete shut down the TFN forum and put a redirect link that will instantly redirect everyone who open the TFN board to this one.

There is one last matter I would like you focus your attention on. It concerns the forum skin and template. I see you want to use the TFN one but I would personally suggest you to make some changes before you do that. For me personally the CE one is more comfortable than the TFN one because it is wider. The TFN one is somehow narrow (I don't know how to explain it better), you can't even have all your buttons on one row but the buttons and icons are larger than the CE one making a whole picture of narrow skin with huge butttons and icons Smile Some resizing might be fitting. I really hope that you managed to understand what I meant.

Thanks for reading that huge block of text Smile

P.S I might be the only one who doesn't get it, but Childe of Munster, what Munster exactly means? Is it a province in the southwest of the Republic of Ireland?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:10 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
P.S I might be the only one who doesn't get it, but Childe of Munster, what Munster exactly means? Is it a province in the southwest of the Republic of Ireland?
The Munsters was a U.S. television comedy show in the 1960s. The father, Herman, was a Franekstein's monster. The mother, Lily, was a vampire, as was her father, Grandpa. Eddie, a werewolf, was Lily and Herman's son. My avatar is a picture of Eddie.

It is indeed also a province in southwest Ireland. For the television show, the family name is a play on the word "monster."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:18 am

Ah, Munster, I thought so. Especially because you posted a picture of Uncle Fester, so you even remember the really old Addams Family. Thank you, Thing.

Yami, I agree. some changes on the looks of the TFN forum should be done, if you want to use that. Personally I don't really like the black background, but that is a really minor affair. Making it wider as you said is a "must be". And I think, the distinction between read and unread topics should be form coded like on the CE board, not colour coded as on TFN. Or at least the colour coding must be more distictive, like something red for all forms of unread, and something blue, if there is nothing new.
And we absolutely need a "go to the last message" link.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 am

Guess I'm a little late, but since I, too, like the idea of merging the two boards it's not that bad.
Well, I like the idea as long as the new forum will have clearly separated topics for CE and TFN as stated by others. I think that's really a necessity because otherwise there's going to be an awful lot of stuff mixed up and posted wrong which means more work and more confusion for those who want to help ... and stuff, you know what I mean.
And personally I'd vote for the opportunity to decide which layout you want to use - if it's possible to implent that sort of thing, that is. I prefer the CE layout since I've grown used to it (and I rather like the grey tone, it's sort of 'softer' to the eyes if you get what I mean, lol) but that's just my opinion.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new board! Very Happy

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Having the opportunity to chooce a skin is not bad idea. Most of the message boards have that feature so this one probably has it too.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 am

I hear what you guys are saying and I will do my best to accomodate everyone, though some of these requests fall under the "personal preference" realm so I have no illusions of trying to please everyone. People rarely enjoy change so I expect to get a few disgruntled fans, but in time they will get used to the new look and feel.

One of the most important things is that CE and TFN are seperated in the forum, we don't want the two getting mixed up. Also having a "Team Camarilla International" banner joining the 2 together wasn't a bad idea, definately something to consider. It's either that or we try to squeeze 2 mod banners into 1.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:29 am

Can you have animated gifs as banners? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

I don't think that there is a possibility in which people will confuse the TFN forum with the CE one and vice versa. The message boards can separate them pretty clearly.

About the banner my vote goes for "Team Camarilla International" for 2 reasons.
1. It will give freedom to chooce whatever images you like. Setite, Malkavians or even vampires that represent the members of the team. You can basicly use whatever comes to your mind.
2. "Team Camarilla International" sounds a lot more as a united team of enthusiasts working and helping each other than Camarilla Edition & The Final Nights mod. That banner should build trust in the audience that is to come. It is clear that I don't mean the fans that are already here and know you but the ones that know nothing about you and are still wondering if they should try your mods or not.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
About the banner my vote goes for "Team Camarilla International" for 2 reasons.
1. It will give freedom to chooce whatever images you like. Setite, Malkavians or even vampires that represent the members of the team. You can basicly use whatever comes to your mind.
2. "Team Camarilla International" sounds a lot more as a united team of enthusiasts working and helping each other than Camarilla Edition & The Final Nights mod. That banner should build trust in the audience that is to come. It is clear that I don't mean the fans that are already here and know you but the ones that know nothing about you and are still wondering if they should try your mods or not.

This seems like solid logic to me. Anyone else's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
This seems like solid logic to me. Anyone else's thoughts?
Nothing other than "I agree."

I'm glad I thought of it. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Make it so!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two message boards united! (Locked)   

Back to top Go down

Two message boards united! (Locked)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next