Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...

Go down 
+2
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

"Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... Empty
PostSubject: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:29 pm

... it evokes the feeling of one for me. Dexter Morgan has a lot in common with vampires IMO: a secret he needs to hide (he never, so far, refers to a "Masquerade," but he does mention having to wear "mask" quite often), a "need" for blood, uncertainty about dealing with his human emotions.

For those who are unfamiliar with the show, here you go: http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am

I've never seen that show...is it any good Munster?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Maximus1 wrote:
I've never seen that show...is it any good Munster?
I think it's great. Probably my favorite show right now. I watched the first two seasons on netflix instant view, now I'm in S3 on DVD (not available on instant view yet). S4 was just released to DVD. Not for the youngins, though.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I'll check it out sometime!
Back to top Go down
Rudest
Ancillae
Ancillae
Rudest

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 am

-preforms necromancy on this topic-

I. <3. Dexter.

I even made a season 1 doll head keychain accessory complete with a red ribbon for my keychain rofl.

I relate to Dexter heavily. I can be surrounded by people and still feel absolutely alone. In most scenarios the people around me are so ignorant that I can't relate to them nor can they relate to me. I admittedly don't even think of them as human beings--I don't feel they are self aware enough to even fathom the level of individuality that it requires to formulate their own opinions about anything really. They are entirely social creatures, and fitting in often takes priorty over self. They don't even realize it. Heinous things could happen to them, and yet I would feel no pity. I get electric goosebumps when I watch Dexter, some of his lines strike cords I didn't know I had. Like Dexter, I put on my mask, and I feel like mimicing all their little traits and quierks, and while I can understand and maybe even appreciate some reactions, I simply do not feel or engage in the same way they do.

I'm not a sociopath, at least I don't think so. I have a spectrum of emotion like anyone else, only, mine isn't so easily affected by petty things. I understand human nature--deeply--and I apply that with basic psychology to get what I want when neccessary. I can empathize. But I cannot sympathize with people I don't consider worthy of being called human beings. Any yet once my respect and thusly loyalty are gained, I do tend to go out of my way to make your life easier if the opertunity presents itself. Throughout my lifettime, there are have been two such people.

Dexter has his invigorating kills to evoke feeling, to feel alive.. I have my art. With my art, I can put on display some of what goes on inside. The twisted gnarled expression of futlity in trying to teach people to think for themselves--they do understand. They will not understand. Ever. The disheartening ever presently draining weight of isolation that constantly nags and itches and burns. The character of Dexter Morgan and myself are too diferent beasts entirely. But where as he is empty, I am alone. But I can certainly appreciate the genius behind that series.

And of course, when others appreciate my creations (be they sketched, charcoal, or photoshoped) I feel less alone. lol. At least for a short time.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 am

Rudest wrote:
-preforms necromancy on this topic-
I think that Vigor Mortis is rather Mortis Discipline?

Rudest wrote:
-I. <3. Dexter.

I even made a season 1 doll head keychain accessory complete with a red ribbon for my keychain rofl.

I relate to Dexter heavily. I can be surrounded by people and still feel absolutely alone. In most scenarios the people around me are so ignorant that I can't relate to them nor can they relate to me. I admittedly don't even think of them as human beings--I don't feel they are self aware enough to even fathom the level of individuality that it requires to formulate their own opinions about anything really. They are entirely social creatures, and fitting in often takes priorty over self. They don't even realize it. Heinous things could happen to them, and yet I would feel no pity. I get electric goosebumps when I watch Dexter, some of his lines strike cords I didn't know I had. Like Dexter, I put on my mask, and I feel like mimicing all their little traits and quierks, and while I can understand and maybe even appreciate some reactions, I simply do not feel or engage in the same way they do.

I'm not a sociopath, at least I don't think so. I have a spectrum of emotion like anyone else, only, mine isn't so easily affected by petty things. I understand human nature--deeply--and I apply that with basic psychology to get what I want when neccessary. I can empathize. But I cannot sympathize with people I don't consider worthy of being called human beings. Any yet once my respect and thusly loyalty are gained, I do tend to go out of my way to make your life easier if the opertunity presents itself. Throughout my lifettime, there are have been two such people.

Dexter has his invigorating kills to evoke feeling, to feel alive.. I have my art. With my art, I can put on display some of what goes on inside. The twisted gnarled expression of futlity in trying to teach people to think for themselves--they do understand. They will not understand. Ever. The disheartening ever presently draining weight of isolation that constantly nags and itches and burns. The character of Dexter Morgan and myself are too diferent beasts entirely. But where as he is empty, I am alone. But I can certainly appreciate the genius behind that series.

And of course, when others appreciate my creations (be they sketched, charcoal, or photoshoped) I feel less alone. lol. At least for a short time.
Don't feel so alone, Rudest. There are others like you. Not many, but some. I could relate to a lot of you have written. Sad thing is, that when you start to understand things around you, you also start to see that the vast majority of people doesn't. Not because they can't, in most cases, only because they don't care. TV and a few beers after work are enough to feel happy for most. Or at least kill some time. Beaing different could be hard at times, yes. But I doubt if you would like to be average. I know I wouldn't. Ah, and I'm not a sociopath, either Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh, rudest, you cannot show your opinions about others around here. There will be a shitload of people coming to atack you and your views in order to show off how moraly superior to you they are, even if they have to willingfully misunderstand your message. Just look at "What clan are you" thread and see for yourself.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:03 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Oh, rudest, you cannot show your opinions about others around here. There will be a shitload of people coming to atack you and your views in order to show off how moraly superior to you they are, even if they have to willingfully misunderstand your message. Just look at "What clan are you" thread and see for yourself.

Thanks for mentioning this ThePhilosopher.

Rudest wrote:
...I admittedly don't even think of them as human beings--I don't feel they are self aware enough to even fathom the level of individuality that it requires to formulate their own opinions about anything really...

Rudest, put this way of thinking to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...   "Dexter" is not a vampire show but ... Empty

Back to top Go down

"Dexter" is not a vampire show but ...
Page 1 of 1