Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador Empty
PostSubject: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Even though they are my least favorite Clan. The combination of Level 5 Celerity and Level 5 Presence nearly makes the character invulnerable. The only reason I didn't punch Xiao to death was because it was taking so long. And the Sheriff was a walk in the park. He never laid a finger, let alone a sword blade, on me. He spent most of his time blocking.

Can anything be done to tone that stuff down?

BTW, no "Fu phone call from Gary" glitch like I had with my Nosferatu.

Last edited by Childe of Munster on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 5:33 pm

So you didn't have to use the patched lines, as with the Nos?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
So you didn't have to use the patched lines, as with the Nos?

- geek
Exactly. No problems with Gary's phone call, but I can't really say what I did differently (other than play as a Toreador rather than a Nosferatu).
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:48 pm

I also get the sheriff mesmerized and from he simply did not do anything. Once his life was almost empty and he was supposed to flee, I had to wait he get out of his stupor to move to the next scene.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:56 pm

That kind of stuff can be easily fixed in the discipline files and toned down like you said. We have alot of different options as in we could make the Sheriff immune to Presence mez effects, or simply tone down the chance of it happening for all NPCs, the options are great in this respect.

I'm excited to see how TFN balances with the new disciplines and hopefully CE can benefit from it too, with posts like these.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:51 am

Sherrif being immune to mez effects sounds better to me than toning down the whole discipline Smile
Well, I haven't played the discipline so it might be overpowered Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 am

I've only played one game with a Toreador. I'm not sure if it was CE1.2 or plus patch with bloodtimer included. But the celerity/presence combo at high level is a killer for sure.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I've only played one game with a Toreador. I'm not sure if it was CE1.2 or plus patch with bloodtimer included. But the celerity/presence combo at high level is a killer for sure.

- geek
Maybe part of the solution lies is making all disciplines cost more XP to advance, making it tough to have high-level Feats and 2 or 3 Disciplines at 5.

I also notice that there are locks which require Lockpicking 10 to open, but no computers which require Hacking 10 to hack. Maybe part of Troika's (I assume) reasoning was that you can boost your Lockpicking from 8 to 10 with Bloodbuff. But I think it would be a good thing if some of the non-main quest computers required a Hacking of 10 to break into (like the Fu office computer where you get the dirt on Xiao, or maybe the one to open the Skyline apt. 3 safe).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I have been thinking of making it harder to get to the really high levels of all disciplines.
If it is possible I'd like to keep a favorite discipline as it is, and make advancement on the other ones harder.

Looking throug the computers and changing some hacking levels is a good idea, but I don't know if I can do it for v 1.4.

- geek

P.S. Munster, please check your PMs
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Maybe part of the solution lies is making all disciplines cost more XP to advance, making it tough to have high-level Feats and 2 or 3 Disciplines at 5.

I also notice that there are locks which require Lockpicking 10 to open, but no computers which require Hacking 10 to hack. Maybe part of Troika's (I assume) reasoning was that you can boost your Lockpicking from 8 to 10 with Bloodbuff. But I think it would be a good thing if some of the non-main quest computers required a Hacking of 10 to break into (like the Fu office computer where you get the dirt on Xiao, or maybe the one to open the Skyline apt. 3 safe).

I actually kind've like both of these ideas, especially the "making all disciplines cost more XP to advance" idea.

If it were a community agreement that your character becomes a little overpowered with the changes in TFN (and CE for that matter), would the community prefer to make disciplines more expensive? -OR- would the community prefer us to reduce the potency of some of the overpowered disciplines. Case in point, Celerity/Presence combo...

Both Celerity and Presence will exist in TFN the same as it did in CE 1.2, so if a change needs to happen for CE it will probably need to happen for TFN as well.

For Presence, we can reduce the % chance that opponents will get mezzed, or reduce the time they stay mezzed when they get hit. And we can make specific enemies, like the Sheriff, completely immune to Presence mez effects while keeping the other disadvantages from opponents getting hit with Presence still in effect.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Raising more than 1 discipline at level 5 harder sounds great to me. It is odd to be called a fledgling while possessing 3 disciplines at level 5 and kickin some serious butts. Old vampires or not you pawn everyone.
Having only 1 discipline at level 5 and 1 at level 3 for example does not seem so overpowered. You will need other skills and abilities in order to proceed further. Money, weapons and etc Smile
Of course you should still give chance to player to raise more than 1 discipline to level 5. It's RPG after all.
I'm not sure if you should nerf the xp cost of bloodheal and bloodbuff since originally they had only one level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador   Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador Empty

Back to top Go down

Just ran 1.3.01 again, with a Toreador
Page 1 of 1