Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!

Go down 
+2
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! Empty
PostSubject: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am

Alright guys I'm about 90% done with the new merger of the 2 sites. Let's talk about what you like and don't like about it.

Here's what I did and why I did it this way. We have CE and we have TFN, however sometimes certain categories don't fit into either one, case in point The Darkroom. I thought about it, why have 2 seperate movie and clan polls, why not merge those as well. So I blended the 2 Dark Rooms together into 1 called the TCI Darkroom. It may seem confusing at first, but in time hopefully it will make sense.

I added 2 seperate banner announcements, one for CE and one for TFN. Yes they are still on the same line, but they scroll one after the other, that way CE can still have their announcements and so can TFN and we won't be fighting over who gets to announce things.

Also I made new groups you can see on the bottom. I'm still wondering if this was a good idea or not, but I made a 3 Developer Groups, one for CE, one for TFN, and one for someone who does both, like Childe. Then I made 2 for the Beta testers of each mod. It definately added alot of color to the names, but is it too colorful now? Let me know what you think.

Lastly I placed a "Who logged in, in the last hour" counter at the bottom of the page. Now you can see who was recently here.

Obviously the entire page looks different, but I tried to take everyone's opinions in hand when I made it. Someone said they liked reading white text over gray backgrounds, instead of black because the black was too hard on their eyes. So I managed that, also I managed to figure out how to make the forum width set, and the background set, so that looks alot nicer now. I made the font slightly bigger for the thread text, and I changed the buttons so those silly icons aren't used anymore.

OK, you're turn, speak up!

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

Really fantastic job, Zer0!

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

REALLY?!?! Thanks Malkav, it only took 8 hours to do, lol!

I guess it's kind've a blessing that I got sick yesterday and had to take the day off from work. It was really tough setting up the new site while I was wrapped in a blanket sweating, shivering, coughing, and dying. Sad I took today off to because I'm still coughing up big chunks of green slime so I plan on making the most with my time today.

Last weekend you sent me an email about using Stealth to get past the tutorial. Well, in TFN I couldn't even get to that point because all of the clans and disciplines were set to vanilla. So, instead of reskinning the Assamite clan I ended up pouring about 16 hours into getting the tutorial ready for the new TFN clans. I spent ALL weekend working with python and must've played the tutorial about 50+ times until they were all right. But dude, all of the new TFN clans are ready for the tutorial now! It's awesome seeing "The Samedi have 3 unique disciplines, Fortitude, Obfuscate, and Thanatosis" and the discipline icons show up too. =)
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Great work, Zer0!

I'd have given praise sooner but have been rather unwell myself Shocked

Hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks 8people!

Congratulations to you for making Methuselah, you have proven yourself over the past year to be a valuable asset to TCI. I'm glad your here making this site a better place to be!

Ya, I'm sick as a dawg *cough cough*, hope we both get better soon! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

The Santa Monica pier graphic is a great choice for the background. And the full moon and clouds banner is an excellent choice now that the site is dedicated to both CE and TFN. Plus it's a great looking graphic. Where did it come from?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

It was actually some random gothic wallpaper I pulled from some site in a far away land. I took it, created the font from cooltext.com, then put the border around it all using photoshop.

Ahhh photoshop, the possibilities are endless! Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
It was actually some random gothic wallpaper I pulled from some site in a far away land. I took it, created the font from cooltext.com, then put the border around it all using photoshop.

Ahhh photoshop, the possibilities are endless! Smile
Just look what Gary did to that picture of Ming-Xiao. Oh, wait, he used PhotoChop.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:55 am

Gads, I just NOW am only seeing this post. Hope your illness has passed good friend and your feeling better. I like everything you've done with the site, and can't say anything about it that I don't like. You've done a great job, once again! As has already been said, but I have to say it as well, I really like the Santa Monica Pier background choice...it's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:03 pm

You guys give me warm feelings in my tummy. I love you
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 am

I notice sometimes when I make a [/url] link, the text shows up in an alternate color and sometimes it does not (that's why I underline my hyperlinks lately). And even when it does, the color is not all that vibrant. Perhaps the first thing is a darkbb.com problem. But maybe making red (is that what you used on the TFN forum?) the default color for hyperlinks would be good.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 am

To whom it may concern:

It's been my experience that when forums are moved, all the old data from forum's previous address becomes isolated. Is it possible to import all the old posts from the previous, "thefinalnights.darkbb" location in one fell swoop, or must I copy, paste, and repost as I see fit? I've fashioned some real gems on the old forum that I'd like to further inflate my ego with over here. Cool
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I can look into that Munster!

I haven't found a way to import posts from the TFN forum yet, so for now just bring them over via cut/paste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!   The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it! Empty

Back to top Go down

The NEW TCI Forum, let's talk about it!
Page 1 of 1