Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

hookers' regular client

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: hookers' regular client   Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

it gets a bit hold to have to seduce the same hooker all over again, while blood dolls only need to be seduced once.

on the other hand i noticed playing a malkavian with suficiently high intimidation a line saying "the hooker i now own" or something...

which also made me think, why not persuade?
and even more, dementate?

Ventrue have the option of dominating blood dolls into feeding them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Velvet wrote:
it gets a bit hold to have to seduce the same hooker all over again, while blood dolls only need to be seduced once.

on the other hand i noticed playing a malkavian with suficiently high intimidation a line saying "the hooker i now own" or something...

which also made me think, why not persuade?
and even more, dementate?

Ventrue have the option of dominating blood dolls into feeding them...
I would be opposed to using skills other than Seduction to convince prostitutes to let you feed off them for free. I never knew you could use Intimidate for that. Seduction needs to be made more useful, and Persuade less useful, IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

you are right.
i got a bit sidetracked.

my point was, you should only need to seduce a particular hooker once, as you do with blood dolls, not every time you feed from them.

the use of other abilities was a tangent.
i did notice that with enough intimidation you get a new dialogue otpion, i never used it to see the result, and i thought, if that happens with intimidation why not with other.

but the point remains, you should only have to seduce them once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Velvet wrote:
i did notice that with enough intimidation you get a new dialogue otpion, i never used it to see the result, and i thought, if that happens with intimidation why not with other.
I'm going to find out in my current Brujah game.

Quote :
but the point remains, you should only have to seduce them once.
I agree with that, although probably hard to keep track of programatically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 pm

You know...your right, once a hooker KNOWS you, they shouldn't have to be seduced all over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 pm

They can't remember who you are, a mean there are many clients... and once you feed on them they shouldn't remember it :p

Besides, it's not like you lose seduction points...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 pm

I can just see this from a Venture: "I remember you. You're the one who made me vomit last time. How are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Claudia wrote:
They can't remember who you are, a mean there are many clients... and once you feed on them they shouldn't remember it :p

Besides, it's not like you lose seduction points...

So what your saying is they are essentially glamour'd and have no memory, I'll buy that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:24 pm

There's an explanation in the pen and paper game ; unless you made on people a huge long lasting impression, people whome you feed from do not remember much of it (extasis + anemia..)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm

In the pen and paper VtM people will remember who you are and conversations you've had, but will not remember you feeding on them or the events immediately leading up to that moment. For the victim, being fed on is a calm feeling of bliss that the victim actually enjoys, it puts them into a dreamy state, one that they don't remember much if anything about.

Let's say you talk to a hooker in the pen n paper game and she agrees to follow you down an alley because your so... seductive. They would remember following you into the alley but wouldn't really remember much else. Once they snapped out of it they would find themselves in the alley lost, confused, and you long gone. They would feel a little weak from the loss of blood but no bite marks or any signs of fowl play. Most would just brush it off and move on with their lives.

So, should the hookers respond differently after you've seduced them? Well that kind've depends I guess. Is it technically possible to have the hooker remember you? Absolutely I could do that for TFN.

Should we? Let's talk about it and figure out if we should implement something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
So, should the hookers respond differently after you've seduced them? Well that kind've depends I guess. Is it technically possible to have the hooker remember you? Absolutely I could do that for TFN.

Should we? Let's talk about it and figure out if we should implement something like that.
If it's an easy add-on, sure. If not, all it does is save a 1/2-second of repeated dialogue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:29 am

listen, i think it's realistic.

if you patron a coffeeshop enough times (correct my english if it's wrong) the waiters start remembering you, and if you order always the same stuff they learn that, your usual.

that happens with hookers who have regular johns, they remember how they like it.

it's like any other service.

and while macdonalds america strives to turn service into production chain, where interactions between provider and providee are supposed to be impersonal and to strive for efficiency,
there always ends up being formed a degree of personal interaction,
at the very least the provider remembers the usual request of the providee

and being a hooker is no different, in my view.

plus in my very slow computer the 1/2 second of repeat dialogue you mention extends to much more than that and seems to be even longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Well we have VV's vote! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Actually, in pnp you typically have to use Dominate to make the vessel forget the feeding incident. Mortals can't resist being fed from after your fangs have pierced their skin and go into a state of rapture where they no longer resist.

For some the experience may be traumatic and they block it reflexively, others may try and deny anything happened if there is no evidence (the bite marks licked closed) but unless care is taken a vessel will be distrustful of further encounters depending if they feel violated by the incident or enjoyed it.

Perhaps a chance they join your 'Herd' and can be told to wait in specific places? Such as your haven or a particular club. Or perhaps a chance they become afraid and run if you try and speak to them again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Velvet wrote:
plus in my very slow computer the 1/2 second of repeat dialogue you mention extends to much more than that and seems to be even longer.
I vote for whatever annoys Velvet the most. clown

Actually, I do agree it's more realistic. So if the developers want to do it, it gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

hookers' regular client

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum ::  :: -