Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hookers' regular client

Go down 
+7
Childe of Malkav
8people
Zer0Morph
Claudia
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
Velvet
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

hookers' regular client - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
HAHA, so would I!! I'm an XXL so if anyone wants to design a logo and order the tshirts, put me down for one. On that back you could put Team Camarilla International... lol
A possible graphic would be the classic Bloodlines Seduce-feed pose. What springs to mind as the most popular, and provocative, image would be the female Malkavian (in her "Precinct 69" outfit) feeding on a female prostitute or Blooddoll.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
HAHA, so would I!! I'm an XXL so if anyone wants to design a logo and order the tshirts, put me down for one. On that back you could put Team Camarilla International... lol
A possible graphic would be the classic Bloodlines Seduce-feed pose. What springs to mind as the most popular, and provocative, image would be the female Malkavian (in her "Precinct 69" outfit) feeding on a female prostitute or Blooddoll.

That would be a COOL shirt cheers
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:55 am

Then you'll have to sell the cap as well.

- geek

P.S.: Munster if you don't stop talking about tshirts, I'll make you my silent partner by cutting your tongue out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Then you'll have to sell the cap as well.

- geek

P.S.: Munster if you don't stop talking about tshirts, I'll make you my silent partner by cutting your tongue out. Razz
If you do that, I'll Diablerize you and get a white title. geek

Last edited by Childe of Munster on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops, I meant white, not yellow.)
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:40 pm

All this talk of seducing hookers... since one of my favorite characters to play is the Ventrue male (at high Fortitude, he's a tank!), I've learned to leave those ladies of the evening alone. They just don't agree with my refined tastes... and vomited blood is so hard to clean off my designer shoes.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am

Who cares about hookers, rats are far more tasty. Besides, they are organic food, no preservatives Very Happy Only those elitist Ventrue don't like them. Well, hookers, neither...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 am

the second time around i tryed to play the game, i played as a Ventrue.
i found it impossible to negotiate the Nosferatu Warrens. being unable to feed on the readily available rats, being unable to feed on the nearest available hookers in the rare opportunities i have to leave the warrens to go to the surface, to the hollywood streets, being forced to go to either extreme of the maps to feed on blood dolls...
i found myself having to travel to santa monica, mightily inconvenient in a level that you are supposed to do in one sitting but actually affords two (but only two) chances to come outside for air, AND spending A LOT of money on BLUE blood bags...
impossible, i say.
with the constant drain of blood loss and heavy use of Dominate to make the fights more easy, the foes there are VERY tough...
impossible.
i gave up on the Ventrue after talking with the first Nosferatu, Imalia, i think.
didn't even try to talk with Gary.
i might have frenzied and attacked him, with my blood pool so decreased.
just gave up on him.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am

Actually, I've beaten the game with Ventrue characters so many times already that I don't even need to use blood bags extensively. If at all; and that includes the Warrens. Of course I always make sure to be fully sated before I enter a quest hub and have plenty of fully loaded weapons ready to stop anything which would get too close, forcing me to heal wounds (and thus expend precious vitae) probably, and I've also found Trance to be an absolutely great tool when dealing with more than one foe at once. Even if it doesn't fully daze the Tzimisce creations it stops them just long enough I can fire a bullet at them - and then, they always retreat a little, I gain ground and quickly kill them. If you get used to that tactic, it works great. Well, most of the times, at least. And if everything else fails, there's a blood bag down in the Nosferatu hideout somewhere ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 am

Bloodbag in the warrens is across the tunnel from Imalia's, in a store where once Goldjum used to be.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am

with ventrue on nosferatu warrens, trance against the monsters that are all head sends them into fits, convulsions, and they are incapacitated for long enough that i can aim at the center of their heads and it only takes one shot, they explode like zombies do when you shoot them in the head as well.
and indeed trance is free in terms of blood cost
but in malkavians hysteria has the same effect.
but against multiple foes both dominate and dementate cost blood, and with malkavians you can replenish those spent blood points with rats, with ventrue you cannot.
and with bloodloss... i am a very careful player, meaning slow, with blood loss my blood pool gets depleted very fast.
i am not saying that it cannot be done, which would be foolish because you obviously could. all i'm saying is that I found it prohibitively difficult, ventrue's restrictions on feeding appear to me the most severe and indeed prohibitive handicap.
plus i am no fan of melee combat, so i find their other disciplines basically useless, i only use dominate.
to me tremere are much more useful, with dominate AND thaumaturgy, very useful in ANY combat, AND auspex, i like anything that allows me to see more, increases my chances to find hidden subjects, AND foes at a distance.
malkavian, with dementate that can be used in combat and dialogue, and auspex for the above mentioned reasons, and obsfucate for those quests that demand stealth, is perfect. plus they don't have feeding restrictions.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 am

I actually played a Ventrue up until the Warrens level for CE 1.2 just to test it out and see how the bloodloss system really worked in game. I have a tendancy to walk around everywhere so I wanted to see if bloodloss was too fast/slow in regards to players who wish to take their time and not feel rushed.

I managed to make it through the entire Warrens level without a single blood pack. At some point in the warrens, I forget which part, you can actually use a door to leave and go up to the surface and feed, then come back down to finish it, which is how I made it through without a blood bag.

I had about 25% of my blood when I used the service door back up to the surface and when I returned with full blood, I had no problems completing the rest of the warrens.

I also had my Stamina at level 4 so I was losing blood every 5 1/2 minutes instead of the standard 4 minutes which helped ALOT. I think some players are overlooking Stamina as a way to slow the bloodloss.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 am

There are actually two exit points. The first one right after 609, before you really enter the warrens, and the second one after the pump.
And don't forget the Odius Chalice.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:18 am

i am very conservative with my blood pool.
i dread having it lower than what can be replenished with one feeding, which is about 3/4 to 2/3 full, or one feeding replenishes up to 1/4 to 1/3.
and like i said, i make extensive use of disciplines to disable foes before killing them with ranged or if necessary melee weapons.
i am not saying it is unfeasable.
childe of malkav is right and i am aware of both, that there are two doors to the surface and there is the odious chalice - with two caveats: in the surface, being a ventrue, it is slightly harder to feed; and the questlog only tells you to go to pisha when you have both items, it is something that you do of your own initiative to go to pisha after having only recovered the fetish.
let me put it another way.
i didn't exactly find it impossible.
i just found it unfeasably uncomfortable, with blood pool levels too low for my peace of mind and no fast and easy way to replenish them, getting to me dangerously close to frenzy and attack a NPC with whom i actually wanted to engage in dialogue.
i recant the impossible,
i will only say too uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Velvet wrote:

i just found it unfeasably uncomfortable, with blood pool levels too low for my peace of mind and no fast and easy way to replenish them, getting to me dangerously close to frenzy and attack a NPC with whom i actually wanted to engage in dialogue.
i recant the impossible,
i will only say too uncomfortable.

Isn't that the entire point of the game? Or at least what CE aims it to be? Imagine yourself as a ventrue going deep underground. What would you do were it real? You have some really badass powers at your disposal and some mean penalties that just pop out in a place like this. There aren't any C.E.O.'s nor Ph.D.'s to cuddle you and rats never were your favourite pets. Just as the nossies have a tough time upstairs, the sewers aren't exactly the domain of the ventrue.

On the other hand, you can always alter the bloodloss rate to your comfort level - get some stamina! (...or modify some files, boss.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:18 pm

I really can't see any problems in the warrens. Usually I still have all the bloodpacks I can find in the game, except for the three I sell to Copper.

And even if I'm not as restricted, I almost never feed on bums or prostitutes. And on rats only in the warrens, and perhaps one or the other after the Ocean house or Brother Kanker.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:32 am

precisely, aqui, i am stating here a totaly personal and idiosyncratic total distatste of Ventrue in CE with it's introduction of blood loss and stating as case in point the warrents, due to their feeding restrictions, which jar with what i perceive as comfort levels of blood loss.
everyone is entitled to their preferences, and wellcome to them,
i personaly dislike Ventrue.
and i think i will never try to play nossies, btw, since you mention them, for that very same reason as well.

to some people a challenge is almost an invitation, to me certain levels of dificulty in self same challenges render them prohibitive, that is not the way i get my kicks, but that is just me.

indeed the game provides a full range of possibilities, clan wise, all of them with their particular challenges, and each individual player is wellcome to either try them all or pick is favorites and his dislikes.
i state clearly a strong dislike for both nossies and ventrues, and a strong preference for malkavians, others are wellcome to theirs.

and yes with blood loss the level of my blood pool and chances to replenish it became my greatest concern, in CE.
but then again that's just me.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am

Velvet wrote:

and yes with blood loss the level of my blood pool and chances to replenish it became my greatest concern, in CE.

And that should be your greatest concern. You're a vampire, aren't you? ;]

Then again, I understand what you are saying. That's the reason why most games have adjustable difficulty levels.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:49 am

why thanks for your understanding.

you know, as a player, the human person who is playing the game, i experience the lowering of the blood pool of my character as a kind of anxiety, an itch that i need to scratch, i very much identify with my charcter's thirst for blood, and it's increasing as the blood pool lowers, i really find it hard to stand allowing it to drop beneath some comfort levels, and when i absolutely must i the player go into frenzys of anxiety and stress, eager to finaly replensish it, before my charcter goes into its own frenzy, before he even has a reason to.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:04 am

You like Malkavians, yet you are a lot like a Brujah, Velvet. Frenzying for no apperent reason. But I understand. I have the same problem with bloodloss. For me comfort level is around half bar. Thats why I love Gangrel and Nossies. Animal succulance plus bunch of rats and you are never hongry. Or rather thirsty... But still, in my opinion bloodloss adds depth to the game. You really feel the pressure of beaing an undead predator, whose very existence revolves around blood. It adds challanges, yes. Life, er, unlife is about challenges though.

And for the frenzying for no reason part, at least you dont get those animalistic traits like me lol! So think positive and keep playing Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:36 pm

About half bar is my comfort level, too. But I don't go for hookers, bums, or rats until I'm down to less than 5 bloodpoints.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

I can really appreciate what Velvet is saying about bloodloss and to her dismay, is exactly the point of having bloodloss in the first place. It's meant to give the player the same anxiety of going hungry that he/she's character feels in the game, connecting the player to their character even more.

In most video games you can see your character, hear your character, and control your character, but you never get to BE your character. The things you're character feels, smells, or desires in the game are often forfeit for the player controlling them. The life of a Vampire is hard, they have all of this power yet their strength is chained down to one thing... Blood. With the bloodloss system in CE (and TFN) my aim was to bring the player one step closer to really feeling what the character is feeling, experiencing the same anxiety and stress of his/her next meal... and survival.

Everyone's level of emtional comfort is different, but hopefully with the bloodloss system we've brought something to Bloodlines that everyone can enjoy. If not, then there's always hacks, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 am

ah, feral, notice that i said frenzy Of ANXIETY and STRESS, mental derangements! i do not act on them, well i do play in a rushed manner but that's all, and i still take precautions like feeding from hookers and blood dolls and being careful not to drain them, but until my blood pool is totaly replenished i just don't feel right.
you could speak of what is called consumatory behavior by shrinks, like sex in men, being aroused and then excited brings tension that is only released at climax, i get tense when the blood pool drops too much, a tension that is only released when the blood pool is restored.
(and there is somewhere a mention that the blood pool bar is glitched, the answer is, it allows for a extra blood point to be stored, the logic being, blood loss is constant, and it too often hapens that you loose a blood point imediately after finishing feeding, in this new system you at least are left with your full blood pool if you happen to loose a blood point imediately after finishing feeding. all this to say, i only relax after gorging, feeding until that extra blood point is stored as well.)

but i wholly agree with you, blood loss makes it far more realistic, if there is one thing that all literature and movies mention is that vampires are forever thirsty, blood loss makes them so in CE, forever driving you to replenish a blood pool that is forever being drained. as much discomfort it brings to my playing experience, i wouldn't have it any other way.
and i love the dichotomy tension/discharge discomfort/comforting.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Actually, my ingame 'feeding habits' are a lot like yours, Velvet. I always try to keep my Blood Pool as full as possible - just in case, you know? Better to have a little bit too much blood in your system you don't immediately need than running low in a moment of danger and frenzying, possibly breaking the Masquerade. (Fits most of my characters, since I'm mostly playing a Ventrue. I just love that clan, even if I'm nothing like that and would never be comfortable as one of them.)
And while I'm feeding, I absolutely have to - literally have to - take that blood point that makes the bar glitch. If a vampire were to do this in a P&P sense, i.e. taking more than his body can hold, he would start crying bloody tears and sweating blood intensively because he has to purge the blood from his system. If you fill a glass of water and keep on filling in, it runs over, too, doesn't it?
And I just realized while trying out CQM how much I got used to blood loss. It just felt plainly wrong not to have to feed regularly because the body of the character burns blood points to sustain existence. Of course, it also was somewhat annoying that all the disciplines only last for 25 seconds... (That makes the blood loss more than up, in a sense; for the first time since a lot of playthroughs I had to buy blood packs.) Oh, and if someone could tell me how I can make passive disciplines last longer, I'd really appreciate it. I once knew how that worked, but I forgot. Huh. (PMs are fine; no need to hijack the thread.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Velvet, you're absolutely right about that extra bloodpoint. And about the reason I put it into the game. It was just annoying for me to know that I would lose blood in the next few seconds, a nd there is a juicy little rat right at my feet. And if you observe it closely, you will see that you lose the extra point after at most 15 seconds, when the timer fires next.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

hookers' regular client
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: