Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hookers' regular client

Go down 
+7
Childe of Malkav
8people
Zer0Morph
Claudia
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
Velvet
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

hookers' regular client - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:36 pm

About half bar is my comfort level, too. But I don't go for hookers, bums, or rats until I'm down to less than 5 bloodpoints.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

I can really appreciate what Velvet is saying about bloodloss and to her dismay, is exactly the point of having bloodloss in the first place. It's meant to give the player the same anxiety of going hungry that he/she's character feels in the game, connecting the player to their character even more.

In most video games you can see your character, hear your character, and control your character, but you never get to BE your character. The things you're character feels, smells, or desires in the game are often forfeit for the player controlling them. The life of a Vampire is hard, they have all of this power yet their strength is chained down to one thing... Blood. With the bloodloss system in CE (and TFN) my aim was to bring the player one step closer to really feeling what the character is feeling, experiencing the same anxiety and stress of his/her next meal... and survival.

Everyone's level of emtional comfort is different, but hopefully with the bloodloss system we've brought something to Bloodlines that everyone can enjoy. If not, then there's always hacks, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 am

ah, feral, notice that i said frenzy Of ANXIETY and STRESS, mental derangements! i do not act on them, well i do play in a rushed manner but that's all, and i still take precautions like feeding from hookers and blood dolls and being careful not to drain them, but until my blood pool is totaly replenished i just don't feel right.
you could speak of what is called consumatory behavior by shrinks, like sex in men, being aroused and then excited brings tension that is only released at climax, i get tense when the blood pool drops too much, a tension that is only released when the blood pool is restored.
(and there is somewhere a mention that the blood pool bar is glitched, the answer is, it allows for a extra blood point to be stored, the logic being, blood loss is constant, and it too often hapens that you loose a blood point imediately after finishing feeding, in this new system you at least are left with your full blood pool if you happen to loose a blood point imediately after finishing feeding. all this to say, i only relax after gorging, feeding until that extra blood point is stored as well.)

but i wholly agree with you, blood loss makes it far more realistic, if there is one thing that all literature and movies mention is that vampires are forever thirsty, blood loss makes them so in CE, forever driving you to replenish a blood pool that is forever being drained. as much discomfort it brings to my playing experience, i wouldn't have it any other way.
and i love the dichotomy tension/discharge discomfort/comforting.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Actually, my ingame 'feeding habits' are a lot like yours, Velvet. I always try to keep my Blood Pool as full as possible - just in case, you know? Better to have a little bit too much blood in your system you don't immediately need than running low in a moment of danger and frenzying, possibly breaking the Masquerade. (Fits most of my characters, since I'm mostly playing a Ventrue. I just love that clan, even if I'm nothing like that and would never be comfortable as one of them.)
And while I'm feeding, I absolutely have to - literally have to - take that blood point that makes the bar glitch. If a vampire were to do this in a P&P sense, i.e. taking more than his body can hold, he would start crying bloody tears and sweating blood intensively because he has to purge the blood from his system. If you fill a glass of water and keep on filling in, it runs over, too, doesn't it?
And I just realized while trying out CQM how much I got used to blood loss. It just felt plainly wrong not to have to feed regularly because the body of the character burns blood points to sustain existence. Of course, it also was somewhat annoying that all the disciplines only last for 25 seconds... (That makes the blood loss more than up, in a sense; for the first time since a lot of playthroughs I had to buy blood packs.) Oh, and if someone could tell me how I can make passive disciplines last longer, I'd really appreciate it. I once knew how that worked, but I forgot. Huh. (PMs are fine; no need to hijack the thread.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Velvet, you're absolutely right about that extra bloodpoint. And about the reason I put it into the game. It was just annoying for me to know that I would lose blood in the next few seconds, a nd there is a juicy little rat right at my feet. And if you observe it closely, you will see that you lose the extra point after at most 15 seconds, when the timer fires next.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:59 am

it always annoyed me to no end that bloodloss progresses at it's own unchangeable rate, not caring whether you are feeding, ergo replenishing your blood pool, or not, and you have no timer displayed, and i loose track of time, so i end up with no way to anticipate when i will loose the next blood point, so i could time my next feeding accordingly; and all too often i had just completely replenished my blood pool though whoever i was feeding from still had blood to spare, so i had just disengaged from feeding when exactly at that second presto i loose a blood point to blood loss so my blood pool is not completely replenished any longer, and i cannot feed from the same person, she has gone into her trance. it is unbelievable the amount of times this annoying coincidence happened.
at least with this extra blood point that doesn't have to happen, i can rest assured that if this coincidence happens again my blood pool will continue completely replenished.
you have no idea what a comfort it is.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:04 am

Then I better get this feature implemented in TFN because as of right now the Bloodtimer system works the same as it did in CE 1.2, and doesn't have that 16th blood point.

Malk, I know you gave me the files at some point long ago but you think you could resend it to me so I can add this into TFN? Seems people like this feature.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hookers' regular client   hookers' regular client - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

hookers' regular client
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: