Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feeding in public

Go down 
+5
Maximus1
OuiYepp
ThePhilosopher
Zer0Morph
Childe of Munster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 pm

I know Zer0 has addressed this on occasion, but I really, really, really think it would be really, really great if feeding on a reluctant "donor" were so difficult as to be almost impossible, however that is implemented. This would make Seduction an almost necessary skill.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:07 pm

The only way I could see this happening is to give NPCs pedestrians a STR lvl 5 or higher. I was going to attempt to achieve the same outcome by making the streets more crowded with people meaning without Seduction, you would have to Dine n Dash... lol
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
The only way I could see this happening is to give NPCs pedestrians a STR lvl 5 or higher. I was going to attempt to achieve the same outcome by making the streets more crowded with people meaning without Seduction, you would have to Dine n Dash... lol
Yeah, I know you've got the "crowded streets" thing going on, which will help.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:28 pm

What I'd like to do is make the music of the clubs play outside of the club and have crowds of people with the sounds of crowds of people playing when you get near the clubs. That would really liven the hubs up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
What I'd like to do is make the music of the clubs play outside of the club and have crowds of people with the sounds of crowds of people playing when you get near the clubs. That would really liven the hubs up a bit.
Can you set music by "region" in an area, or just for the entire area? Having the music drift outside the clubs would crank up the realism.

Speaking of clubs, I mentioned part of this (making the Empire Suites dance floor usable), but maybe making the Empire Suites ballroom an entirely interactive club would be good, and removing the "clubness" of Glaze would make sense, even though it takes the only usable club out of Chinatown.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Just remember not to make it too hard on those with old and/or weak computers. Like me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:46 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Just remember not to make it too hard on those with old and/or weak computers. Like me. Embarassed

I was planning on adding about 15 layers of fog on street level for each main hub, just for you, LMAO! clown

Now I'd call that a particle nightmare! bounce
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:48 pm

And speaking of poor performance, any idea why the game drags (regardless of version or mod) when first going down the beach tunnel and being approached by Rosa?
Back to top Go down
OuiYepp
Neonate
Neonate
OuiYepp

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:18 am

I think that crowded streets would work well to make feeding harder. But then you will need to make new types of npcs to populate the streets otherwise it would be like visitng a cloning laboratory...
More crowded streets and crowd sound effects would really help creating the impression of a big city at night..

One of my favorite places in the game is standing on the balcony in Grouts mansion, and seeing the view of the downtown area. One get the feeling of being a pawn in a much bigger power struggle in this crowded city..
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 am

OuiYepp wrote:
I think that crowded streets would work well to make feeding harder. But then you will need to make new types of npcs to populate the streets otherwise it would be like visitng a cloning laboratory...
More crowded streets and crowd sound effects would really help creating the impression of a big city at night..

One of my favorite places in the game is standing on the balcony in Grouts mansion, and seeing the view of the downtown area. One get the feeling of being a pawn in a much bigger power struggle in this crowded city..
I like the view from the top of the Griffith Park tram. The view from Grout's is good, too. But being outside Andrei's mansion, looking at all the other mansions, that's what the game is all about there: the Sabbat flouting the Masquerade and the Camarilla trying to protect it.
Back to top Go down
OuiYepp
Neonate
Neonate
OuiYepp

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:35 am

Quote :
But being outside Andrei's mansion, looking at all the other mansions, that's what the game is all about there: the Sabbat flouting the Masquerade and the Camarilla trying to protect it.

Yes, Anderi's mansion has always felt creepy to me. Not just because of the horrible interior design, but it is a representation of the power and disaster that is to be released if the Sabbat were to be unchallanged.

If the game world felt more populated, it would add to these feelings we have; about a big modern world that is oblivious to these great powers fighting in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

Maybe, someday we shall all be so lucky and fortunate to have this game we love, either completely ported over to a newer engine, or have a new game designed exactly as we'd want from scratch. That would be the cake, the pie, and the whole ball of wax!

More NPC's, more models, more quests, more world spaces... more everything. LOL Bring on the WOD in 2010 style, on a 2010 / 2011 engine Very Happy Hey...I can dream can't I? Cool

In the mean time, more crowded streets sounds like a great idea, provided as was stated above, it doesn't look like a bad cloning experiment gone horribly wrong affraid

Last edited by Maximus1 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Maximus1 wrote:
More NPC's, more models, more quests, more world spaces... more everything. LOL Bring on the WOD in 2010 style, on a 2010 / 2011 engine Very Happy Hey...I can dream can't I? Cool

TCI can give you everything you ask for, except more world spaces. And don't worry about the cloning factory, brand new 3D models will be created with new skins to accompany them.

If only I could get some funding so I quit go on a leave from my job to work on this fulltime for about 2 months. I would bring you the garden of Eden. santa
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:43 pm

That would be cool Z Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I would bring you the garden of Eden. santa

And there, I would diablerize God.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:48 pm

You seem to have Cappadocian leanings, Philosopher Suspect Better steer clear from any necromancers Laughing
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:10 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
I would bring you the garden of Eden. santa

And there, I would diablerize God.

Ah, so you're Vukodlak (Tzimisce), from VtM-Redemption. That was his plan, too.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:12 am

Also Cappadocius, seems to be a theme "Find something bigger than you, get the munchies for it, sulk when you can't get it and do something silly"
Back to top Go down
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I'd like that tzimisce's house for a haven... oh and can I put a giant pit in the basement where I toss all the corpses of the people I've killed? That would be great...

The harder you make feeding in public, the more satisfying it is stalking people down a dark alleyway and givin' them the suck job.

Now, you know the really goth'd out looking pedestrians in the game? I think if your character looks all goth'd out as well, you should be able to feed on them publicly. Just two goths being gothy after all... yeah, it's nice to dream.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 am

I don't think I want to know the sort of people you hang out with where that is acceptable practice Suspect
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am

Why not? They seem to make a good material for reaserch project. Or a conference. Sorry, my Experimental Therapy Department's attitude showing off.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:34 pm

8people wrote:
I don't think I want to know the sort of people you hang out with where that is acceptable practice Suspect

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing, HAHA! Good thing we're giving him TFN and CE so he doesn't have to "Enact" it in real life. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeding in public Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding in public   Feeding in public Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding in public
Page 1 of 1