Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Sunlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

My favorite sunlight is
Pre-dawn twilight and the following sunrise
21%
 21% [ 4 ]
Sunset and the following twilight
32%
 32% [ 6 ]
Bright daylight
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Filtered through light, white clouds
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Obscured by heavy, grey clouds
16%
 16% [ 3 ]
Reflected off the moon
11%
 11% [ 2 ]
Nonexistent
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19
 

AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-07-30
Location : Pacific Time Zone

PostSubject: Sunlight   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Sunset and subsequent twilight (curse Stephanie Meyer for ruining the word "twilight").
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:46 am

Pre-dawn myself, because of where I lived, dawn had very interesting colours (facing east mainly)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:49 am

Full moon, on a mostly clear night, shortly after the rains have gone.

The intoxicating aroma of iron and alkali rising up from the soil all around, like being enveloped in hope, in forgiveness. Where once there was a barren waste, green things will come up in its place, unwarranted, unfounded, mysterious. But, for now, the soil is blue, not unlike the waters which set our orb apart from all the rest. I wonder what the angels felt here so long ago, before the earth and the seas separated themselves? They must have been giddy at what was to come, and that all they had to do, was wait.

The ever demure, soft, white glow of my Queen's footstool, faintly encircled by almost two, exquisitely iridescent coronas. Is there anything more majestic? She, like the moon merely reflects the truth. The Truth, he loves her so much for her virtues, that her visage be as staid as the radiance of the full moon. So that as we live, it will never hurt to look.


Last edited by z.o.o. on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : punctuation and spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-07-30
Location : Pacific Time Zone

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:08 am

Dude, way too much stuff about foot stools and queens.

lol!

Actually, good stuff. I, like many others here, like your writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 54
Location : Somewhere in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:06 am

Zoo, if your not already a writer, or an aspiring one, I would be disappointed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
Dude, way too much stuff about foot stools and queens.

lol!

Actually, good stuff. I, like many others here, like your writing.
Maximus1 wrote:
Zoo, if your not already a writer, or an aspiring one, I would be disappointed. Smile

A very copious thank you to you both. I wish you could hear the sigh of relief that just escaped my being.

I wrote to save my parent's house. I wrote to save father's job. I wrote my nearest little brother's résumé.

Well, I guess it's settled then. It's time for me to go write movies.

------

Man oh man, does anyone else have a hankerin' for a real good piece of apricot or pecan pie? À la mode, even? Ever since Maryanne stopped selling Mee Maw's pieces of heaven at her diner, my town hasn't had a good piece of pie in it for about four years.

If either of you are near a stellar piece of apricot or pecan pie, then have a slice for me would yah?

(This goes for anyone else who likes my writing and may happen to be near an exquisite piece of apricot or pecan pie, as well.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 54
Location : Somewhere in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am

Pecan pie is pretty good, but I'm more of a fresh made Blackberry, or even better yet, Blueberry pie man...vanilla ice cream on the side. To me, that's about as close to a heavenly combination made for devouring as I can contemplate Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Warsaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 am

Sunset. From my bedroom I can watch the sun set directly in front of my window while I observe the beautiful golden and orange last rays that make it onto the red walls. And those sunsets are always a beauty I'd like to capture forever. (Pity I can't draw them...) In all kinds of rich colors ... sometimes most stunning combinations of light and dark blue, gold, orange and deep red. But the best sunsets are those with a sea of clouds above and below. I always wonder how those look like someone took an ocean and spun it upside down ... as if the sun would sink into the waters. I could sit there for hours and watch this spectacular view. (In fact, I do. Laughing )

_________________
"... And the lord set a mark upon Caine lest any finding him should kill him and the mark was ..."

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Eliza wrote:
Sunset. From my bedroom I can watch the sun set directly in front of my window while I observe the beautiful golden and orange last rays that make it onto the red walls. And those sunsets are always a beauty I'd like to capture forever. (Pity I can't draw them...) In all kinds of rich colors ... sometimes most stunning combinations of light and dark blue, gold, orange and deep red. But the best sunsets are those with a sea of clouds above and below. I always wonder how those look like someone took an ocean and spun it upside down ... as if the sun would sink into the waters. I could sit there for hours and watch this spectacular view. (In fact, I do. Laughing )

I wonder if, in the past, someone from West Germany and another from East Germany, both of them looking at the same sunset, they take it differently being on different sides of The Wall? I'd love to hear you ruminate on that someday soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-07-30
Location : Pacific Time Zone

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Eliza wrote:
Sunset. From my bedroom I can watch the sun set directly in front of my window while I observe the beautiful golden and orange last rays that make it onto the red walls. And those sunsets are always a beauty I'd like to capture forever. (Pity I can't draw them...)
You could draw them to the best of your ability. Easier said than done, though, I know.


Last edited by Childe of Munster on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 54
Location : Somewhere in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 pm

I like sunsets, for various different reasons clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1572
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Before Sundawn

You should see the sundawn here, looking at the ocean.
I rather have grey clouds than big sun, but not much. I get big sun all the time here =[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 378
Join date : 2010-07-30
Location : Pacific Time Zone

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I live on the west coast of the U.S., so I get to see sunsets over the ocean. Big orange sunsets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Warsaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:14 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
I wonder if, in the past, someone from West Germany and another from East Germany, both of them looking at the same sunset, they take it differently being on different sides of The Wall? I'd love to hear you ruminate on that someday soon. Wink

Huh? Me? Naw, I think you got that wrong. I'm sure you wanted to say you'd love to hear yourself ruminate on that. Or is that just me? Well, I'd certainly like to hear it. Your comments up to now were very ... capturing, to say the least. I'm sure I couldn't reproduce this quality. (And, to be honest, I don't have a good grip on the 'Wall' and the BRD and DDR... that was a little before my time. To be precise, the fall of the Wall was before my time, too. And my history teacher, pardon me, just sucks. Neutral )

_________________
"... And the lord set a mark upon Caine lest any finding him should kill him and the mark was ..."

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 54
Location : Somewhere in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Love to visit Germany sometime Eliza, I absolutely love the food and the people cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Eliza wrote:
z.o.o. wrote:
I wonder if, in the past, someone from West Germany and another from East Germany, both of them looking at the same sunset, they take it differently being on different sides of The Wall? I'd love to hear you ruminate on that someday soon. Wink

Huh? Me? Naw, I think you got that wrong. I'm sure you wanted to say you'd love to hear yourself ruminate on that. Or is that just me? Well, I'd certainly like to hear it. Your comments up to now were very ... capturing, to say the least. I'm sure I couldn't reproduce this quality. (And, to be honest, I don't have a good grip on the 'Wall' and the BRD and DDR... that was a little before my time. To be precise, the fall of the Wall was before my time, too. And my history teacher, pardon me, just sucks. Neutral )

Heh-heh-heh-heh. But, you could try? Use your imagination and play pretend. You girls are the masters of playing pretend, that's for sure. Trust what makes you sad and happy. It's worth it, believe me. It will be of great quality precisely because it will be your quality.

Go ahead and be afraid to have your writing be judged, I always am.


Last edited by z.o.o. on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1572
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I believe you are always high, zoo. rabbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:02 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I believe you are always high, zoo. rabbit

Ha! Thank you and you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:08 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
I wonder if, in the past, someone from West Germany and another from East Germany, both of them looking at the same sunset, they take it differently being on different sides of The Wall? I'd love to hear you ruminate on that someday soon. Wink

Well I'm old enough to have personal experience with East and West Germany. But to tell you the truth, I never thought about something like this. The only thing about the sun and the two parts of Germany is this old Joke about Erich Honnecker. I'll try a rough translation:

In the morning. Erich at the east window: "Good morning, dear sun!" Sun:"Good morning, dear Erich."

At noon, south window. Erich:"Good day, dear sun." Sun:"Good day, dear Erich."

In the evening, west window. Erich:"Good evening, dear sun." Sun:"You can kiss my ass! I'm in the West now!"

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Warsaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:17 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
Heh-heh-heh-heh. But, you could try? Use your imagination and play pretend. You girls are the masters of playing pretend, that's for sure. Trust what makes you sad and happy. It's worth it, believe me. It will be of great quality precisely because it will be your quality.

Go ahead and be afraid to have your writing be judged, I always am.

Oh, well. I'm just too easy to talk into things sometimes ... although I don't feel good hijacking threads. Not even in the official off-topic section. Oh, well.
You bet I'm afraid of judgement. Especially if I think something is good ... it's just like maths: if you're absolutely sure, it's absolutely wrong. Always. I'm absolutely sure.
I'll give it a try ... but not in the last 43 minutes of this day here. Maybe I'm lucky tomorrow and can watch a sunset instead of a storm. Laughing Would be a great help in terms of inspiration, although I already have something in mind. Damn, this idea developed fast.

Oh, and Maximus1: I would be happy to mediate if you don't understand German (or those tricky dialects) provided you agree on one condition: No displays of your martial arts, please ... Shocked I'm trained in first aid, but I don't want to use this knowledge. Laughing

_________________
"... And the lord set a mark upon Caine lest any finding him should kill him and the mark was ..."

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4184
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Good joke, Childe! We had similar about Gomulka here in Poland. You lived in DDR I guess?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Nope I lived on the "lucky" side of the Wall. But I have relatives in the east, so I know the border. And this kind of jokes.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4184
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Lucky you. We did't have lucky part of the country unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 54
Location : Somewhere in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:44 am

Eliza wrote:
z.o.o. wrote:
Heh-heh-heh-heh. But, you could try? Use your imagination and play pretend. You girls are the masters of playing pretend, that's for sure. Trust what makes you sad and happy. It's worth it, believe me. It will be of great quality precisely because it will be your quality.

Go ahead and be afraid to have your writing be judged, I always am.

Oh, well. I'm just too easy to talk into things sometimes ... although I don't feel good hijacking threads. Not even in the official off-topic section. Oh, well.
You bet I'm afraid of judgement. Especially if I think something is good ... it's just like maths: if you're absolutely sure, it's absolutely wrong. Always. I'm absolutely sure.
I'll give it a try ... but not in the last 43 minutes of this day here. Maybe I'm lucky tomorrow and can watch a sunset instead of a storm. Laughing Would be a great help in terms of inspiration, although I already have something in mind. Damn, this idea developed fast.

Oh, and Maximus1: I would be happy to mediate if you don't understand German (or those tricky dialects) provided you agree on one condition: No displays of your martial arts, please ... Shocked I'm trained in first aid, but I don't want to use this knowledge. Laughing


LOL, you have a deal Eliza...I promise Very Happy Malkav, pretty cool joke, I had never heard that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Sun is nice and all...when it's not hitting me. My skin is rather pale, so I crisp up FAST(I'm part Irish). So I guess I prefer sunlight that filters through the clouds. Little bit of light, and a little bit of shade. All in all, not a bad deal to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sunlight   Today at 4:08 am

Back to top Go down
 
Sunlight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sunlight
» New PSVita-2000 out now - any takers?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: