Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie Hunting in Hollywood

Go down 
+9
Nezumi
8people
srle
Childe of Munster
Feral
Claudia
Zer0Morph
Kelben
PGM1961
13 posters
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Zombie Hunting in Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 am

Hello all. I just wondered... how many people have actually taken Romero's quest to kill the zombies? Back when I first started playing, I tried a number of times, and always ended up letting the zombies bust out of the graveyard. So after that, I always took the option of finding Romero a hooker instead. Same XP, more amusing dialogue, less frustrating.

However, this time I'm playing a Nosferatu (never played one all the way through before... usually got impatient with all of the sneaking and crouching, and said, "Screw this."). With a Nossie, you don't get the option of 'Pimping for Romero'. So I tried about half-a-dozen times to keep the zombies from escaping, and always failed. The last attempt, I was so frustrated that I tried using 'NOCLIP' to become ghostly, and zip back and forth between the front and back gate. Still failed.

WTF? Is there a trick to this I don't know? I've played a Brujah, and zipping back and forth with Celerity doesn't do it. I've also played a Malkavian with a high ranged weapons feat, and hopped up on the cemetary wall so I had a view of the front and back gates; but I still couldn't stop them.

Is it a sucker's quest? Guaranteed to fail? Or am I just not persistent enough?
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:12 am

Your question gets even more value since you can now do both the zombies quest then the hooker one... I made only playthrough the game up to now with a Toreador and I succeed at the 2nd trial to prevent the zombies to escape (1st I did not notice there was 2 gates What a Face ). At this stage my Toreador still had celerity 1 and I used a melee weapons (guns were just not my cup of tea).

I kick zombies at one gate, turn on Celirity (lvl 1 it does make much of a revolution), run to the other gates and repeat the process. 2 keys elements maybe:
- Don't stop to kill zombies on the way.
- When you arrive at a gate, focus first on cleaning the zombies attacking the gates.

The gate can take a few shots so when you are not anymore slashing a zombies crowd (2 or 3 are left) it might be time to go to the other gate. The amount of zombies increases along the time, so at the beginning it is quite easy. I think at this stage I used the fireaxe and your first attack (on a combo of 3) can one shot kill the zombies if you take them properly (it is a some sort of downward attack and if caught at the head, they "explode")
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 am

It's funny you say that you always get the hooker because the Zombies are too tough. In all the times that I've played that quest I've NEVER gotten the hooker because I didn't know how, lol, I always killed the zombies instead.

Pretty much what Kelben said, and definately use a melee weapon, I tried with guns and couldn't do it, melee is the only way I found. And never leave a gate alone for too long, zip back and forth even if zombies are attacking your current gate. Run to the other side, kill the zombies attacking that gate then leave for the other gate not stopping along the way.

You'll get it, I have faith in you. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 am

Celerity all the way ^^'
(I hate zombie quests so I also choose the prostitute.. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I just miss on it altogether. Couldn't do it even with Tremere 5 tier Thaumaturgy. Nor Gangrel 5 tier Protean plus pestilence. Grrrr :frenzying:
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm

I've only been able to do this once. Just using a Malkavian running around with a sword.
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:23 am

I completed that quest too, but only once with Gangrel.
I used Animalism 2,3 and 4 to disable zombies(mostly song of serenity) from attacking gate and than I killed them using fists.You can also disable 1 group of zombies, run to other gate to kill 2nd group and return to first group who just "woke up" and stop them from attacking gate.
If you do this without mistake you will complete quest certainly.
Dementation, Dominate and Thaumaturgy work good too in this quest as well.Disabling is key.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I completed it fine...

Think I failed it once with a Toreador. Then again, my cat was partly to blame for it.

Fluffy bastard that he is.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Finally did it with a Nosferatu. Potence on constantly, go back and forth between gates, just kill the ones banging on the gates and leave, don't kill any in between. I barely made it, though... when time was up, there were five zombies banging on the gate, and I don't know if the gate would've lasted until I killed them.

BFD... I'll go back to getting Romero laid, instead of fighting zombies. Dialogue is funnier, and same XP.
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 am

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster,

Anyway it surprises me that everyone states difficulty in defeating the zombies with a gun. The only way I have managed to complete that quest is with a gun. Of cause it was with a high firearms feat and the scoped assault rifle but it works! You just need to remember that a shot to the head makes them explode, and to keep a eye out around you form brain eaters..
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:19 am

I've never had an issue with doing the zombie quest, just make sure you don't mess with the zombies except near the gate and keep doing that while running between the 2. Makes it easy if you have celerity 4-5 while using the fire axe. Zombies go down fast then Very Happy If your running with a character that doesn't have celerity...same tactic, just more work involved. Did it with my Malk using same tactic a few weeks back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 pm

i pride myself for never fighting zombies you don't have to fight.

i just hate them...

thigs that should be baried should stay baried.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Out of the half a dozen times I've played this quest, I always prefer just to get the hooker for him. I've only tried 3x to keep the hordes back and only succeeded once. That was enough zombie fun for me for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Ever since the 1st time I defeated the zombies (thanks to advice from this forum), I've been running the 'You Only Die Once A Night' quest... mainly for the XP and Firearm boost. Then I turn around and get Romero his hooker too, for the cash. Smile

This last time, I was running a Tremere. No Celerity, no Potence, just me and my fire axe. I managed to do it the first try, but if it had gone on another 15 seconds I think I'd have failed. The zombies get rather numerous at the end.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Then I turn around and get Romero his hooker too, for the cash. Smile
HOW?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:11 am

Jad.3 wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Then I turn around and get Romero his hooker too, for the cash. Smile
HOW?

SPOILERS!!! Read this and ur eyes fall out; earthquakes, plague, etc.!!! There, I gave a warning.

When you finish the zombie hunt quest, you're outside the cemetery. Just go back in and talk to Romero. When he tells you how things are going, tell him it sounds kind of boring, & ask if he needs anything. Then he'll tell you he's interested in something other than zombie killing, and you can offer to bring someone back for him.

Before you do, though-- be sure to empty out his weapons chest (if youhaven't already), because Romero's shack will be locked after this quest is complete.

The rest is easy. You should have a high enough Persuasion by now to convince a 'lady of the evening' to return with you. When he offers money, I always ask if he can give a little more; but it may take a high Finance feat to get more... not sure.

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks.
One more for the Persuasion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Hunting in Hollywood   Zombie Hunting in Hollywood Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Hunting in Hollywood
Page 1 of 1