Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What clan are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: What clan are you?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Hey, I know there's a topic called "What's your favorite clan", but it isn't the same so I started a new one Very Happy So anyway, why don't ya write a short (or long) post about who do you think represents your character best. It doesn't have to be a decisive (I'd be a Ventrue\Gangrel), you can say (I partially think I am a Tremere because I make people on streets explode in a bloody fountain, but I also feel that I am a Toreador because I wet myself watching Van Gogh's "Sunflowers").

Starting off with myself - I'd be a Gangrel\Tremere\Ventrue mix, but mostly Tremere. So why Gangrel and Ventrue? I am a loner by nature and prone to animalistic behaviour (no I don't urinate on fire hydrants, I just often like when instinct carries me). As for Ventrue....yeah weall I sometimes act like an asshole who looks down on others and like to manipulate them. When it comes to Tremere...I do like to study and I think people don't really trust me. Besides, Bloodlines Tremere NPC kinda looks like me Very Happy

So...what clan are YOU?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tzimisce. Cookies to whom guess why cyclops


Last edited by ThePhilosopher on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Hmm this is a tough one... I'd say I would want to be embraced as a Ventrue. My personality fits the Ventrue the best I think. I'm a natural leader, organizer, and motivator. I enjoy "Running the show" so to speak. I am charismatic when I need to be, and a bit dominating to get my way. I don't have the love of money of some Ventrue but I do want the power involved in making decisions. As most Ventrue, I feel my ideas are usually the best... for myself and others within my immediate confidence.

I enjoy the idea of Dominating and using my Presence to win over friends and to plot against my foes. And when the time calls for it, the Fortitude to walk into the thick of things and come out whole again.

So ya, it's safe to say I'm a Ventrue at heart. rabbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 am

I would say I'm a Brujah/Ventrue mix. I would fight for a cause, but only if it's worthy of my attention; and I would definitely not be one of the 'rabble'. Too many Brujah already who don't realize how far they have fallen... no need to throw another cur into the pack. Also, a wise Ventrue knows that power comes with responsibility, and it's not just given to you-- you have to work for it.

I wouldn't be an anarch, either. They talk about their 'freedom', but most are spoiled children, who think life would be better if they could do whatever they wanted. Too few are willing to fight to keep that freedom -- or to sacrifice some of it for the greater good. Also, you can't make the Camarilla elders change their thick heads from outside the structure. Change has to come from within, or you're just trading one dictator for another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:17 am

I'd probably be a Gangrel. With some rebellish Brujah and mad Malkavian tendencies.

I'm certainly not stupid, but I do have problems stating my opinion in a convincing way. And I don't socialize easily either.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 am

Well, any vampire can find a good reason to embrace me, but because of my socio-economic position and ideals, I guess a Brujah would be more enthousiastic.
Anyone could have been embraced Malkavian however, as it's just.. sooooo random..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:34 am

Claudia wrote:
...Anyone could have been embraced Malkavian however, as it's just.. sooooo random..
Being a bit mad in the first place probably helps attracting them bounce

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:35 am

Oh sure, but define "mad" Very Happy
I've known official and non official BG of malkavians that were embraced just because they looked sooo boring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 612
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Warsaw

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 am

Hmhmhm. Good question, really. Not easy to answer.
I guess I'm a real mix, but only made from Camarilla clans. I would probably fit into the sect pretty well, too; although I have no real aspiration for power or rising in the hierarchy (-> Ventrue is out of question, sadly - I do like that clan). Just a safe place for me, something to do that's not immediately life-threatening and I'll carry out my orders happily.
Back to the clans, I'm probably 50% Tremere and 50% Gangrel/Nosferatu.
Tremere because I have a real interest in occult stuff, even though I'm not having any use for that interest right now and can't satisfy it. And I have to say I find the closeness of this clan really attractive. Yeah, they stab themselves in the back as much as Ventrue or Toreador do, but I'm suited fine with the fact that someone is (being realistic, always) above me and 'guiding' me through my studies and this stuff. Learning is somewhat interesting for me, after all; why else would I put up with another ten years of studying?
And, seeing how it's a real load of work to get a position in the top, I'm fine with apprenticeship. I'm no leader anyway, I'm a conformist, so it doesn't bother me the least that it's dangerous in the higher ranks. I've no aspiration to get there anyway. Maybe helping others go up and earning favors that way... that's fine. Being a student for eternity isn't the greatest prospect, but what's the alternative?
Hmm, there are still another 50%. This Gangrel/Nossie mix.
They fit me because both of this clans usually don't put up with silly politicking. Well, they don't do it the way others do, as I understand it. The Gangrel have left the Camarilla, they're out of the fold (officially) and now have even less interest to meddle with their former brethren on the cabinets than before. They (as a whole) simply don't really care who's prince as long as it doesn't concern them. (As I understand it. Feel free to correct me if necessary. I only consider myself somewhat of an expert concerning Ventrue.)
And the Nosferatu... yeah, eavesdropping is something for me. I'm simply too curious to ignore information if it presents itself to me. I simply have to gather it - hey, who knows, might come in handy later, right? And if I can pass it on to someone and gain some sort of personal favor for it, all the better. I don't take it to extremes, I don't demand anything at all (though I'm aware of the 'bonus points' concerning relationships I get for sharing my knowledge), but I'm like a walking dictionary. At least my classmates sometimes say so, heh.

Darn, didn't I want to stop rambling and producing posts of this size? Pardon me, can't help it. Maybe I should put up some warn sings - don't trip, long post ahead... Laughing

_________________
"... And the lord set a mark upon Caine lest any finding him should kill him and the mark was ..."

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 pm

EDIT: I have removed the former explanation due to the incapacity of people to truly understand my message


Last edited by ThePhilosopher on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4198
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Gangrel/Tremere
Gangrel, because I'm a lone wolf type. With abiliteies, yes, but certainly no love for a team work. I'm a bit more instinct driven than most and like it that way. Since I remamber I always had that natural ease dealing with animals. My dislike for petty scheming and little rivalries also fit nice. I do my job and to hell with the rest, to cut it short.
Tremere... Well, I'm bookish. Beaing a PhD student also helps Very Happy I love learning new things and discovering those new and until recently, hidden worlds. If I could be the one who discovers them, the better. Or at least write a good publication on the discovery.
From VTMB, I'm something in between Beckett and Strauss. Apart from Strauss hair, well, lack thereof Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Heh, funny nobody picked toreador nor malkavian still.

I am neither socially graceful as the former, nor as mad as the latter. I would rather go with the flow, than start a riot by the parlament. The politics are alien to me and I usually under-perceive more than notice any. The only positive to a certain degree trait that'd come out of me is perfectionism. If something needs done you can expect me to spend endless hours until it comes out right.

In conclusion, I myself would most likely be... Behold! - a caitiff affraid



P.S. Malkavians are damn handsome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Personally, I don't really know what clan I'd be. Although with my luck I'd be a Caitiff/Thin-blood so it woudn't matter which one at that point. As for ones that I like, that's a different story.

I first started out liking Tremere and tremere only, for obvious reasons, but now my three favorites are Tremere, Gangrel, and Malkavian. Tremere's have their magic, Malkavians are mad, and Gangrels just have some kind of charm. I don't know what about them that makes me like them, but I can say that I'd like to become like Beckett.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
In regards to the "path of enlightnment", i myself believe that anyone who stops progressing in at least one area is a waste as a human beign.

That'd make six billion jacks-of-all-trades masters of none. As far as progress goes, it's the nerds and geeks that pull the strings of it. From the very begining human being societies had their members specialize in different fields.

Or am I missing your point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:46 am

EDIT: Same reason as above


Last edited by ThePhilosopher on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:44 am

No lobotomy? That will piss off Grout Shocked

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
"let's go and remove the BRAINZZZ of people lul".

World's a mighty diverse place, y'know? There is no universal rule to things. While some dig so deep only to lose themselves in the process, others happen to be happy without knowing the bits and pieces of anything and everything.

I respect your opinion, but everyone gets to say what's to be done with their brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
No lobotomy? That will piss off Grout Shocked

- geek

Everyone should get a free lobotomy!
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:15 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
You are. I mean progress as a human beign, progress on your physical health, wealth, knowledge and spirituality(none metaphysical bullshit). Having more health won't make you poor. Having knowledge won't make you lose money or health. So this "jack of all trades" does not apply in this case. I do not mean "a lawyer should study medicine", this would be ridiculous, but what i mean is "a lawyer should study himself".

Most of human beigns don't care about progress or self-evolution. All they care is to get one pathethic job (such as "Race Car Historian" - Believe me it exists), work all week complaining about their job, complaing about their family all weekend and never do anything to change it. Most of the time, the same person cares nothing for acumulating knowledge or becoming healthy (have you seen those guys who are so fat they need a wheelchair? Worthless rabble).

These people, in my personal point of view, are unworthy of the brain they possess. The spinal cord would be more than enough for these people. And no, i do not mean "let's go and remove the BRAINZZZ of people lul".

Since you are interested in psychology, why won't find out why such people bother you so much? As far as I can tell, there's usually a reason for such hatred. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that taking so much interest in other people not doing what you think they should is a serious flaw. Either help or leave alone, that's my way of seeing things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I was simply pointing out my opinion, Celsius, as the reason why i think i fit Tzimisce best. Which is the reason of this topic. I'm not going around anyone saying "you are going to change because i want you to".

Also, your logic is flawed. To say that i can't have one opinion formed on a subject if i'm not directly involved is perphaps one of the most weird things i've ever read. So if you're not a cop who arrests murderes, you should have no opinion formed about murder and murderers?

What you're pointing out is the common "Freud Pop Psychology" which states that every flaw you hate is a flaw you possess. Interesting how i wanting to change other people is bad(which i do not, you imagined i did) but you putting psychological rules to human hatred which work all the time with everyone is a-okay. So if there is a reason to every hatred, then you hating a specific kind of food,music or human behavior makes you flawed. According to the logic you used, that is.

And, once again, you speak almost as if I desire to force everyone around me to do as I do.Which i do not. I answered this in the paragraph above.

I'm leaving it alone. I never said i wanted to go on a crusade against these people or something. Which you took as if i wanted.


Aqui,
That's not an universal rule i'm proposing. It's just my point of view.
"Dig so deep only to lose themselves" - I didn't understand what you meant, could you explain it, please? rabbit

Amazing how saying something and including "in my personal point of view" makes everyone think i wrote "i shall slave everyone to meet my standards". I wonder if the response would be the same in other, more comfortable topics.

Everyone has all the rights to disagree with me. Just don't go putting words in my mouth.

And once again, after i present my point of view, i'm opposed in more than one manner. It justs makes me believe i'm more fitting as a Tzimisce after all. Could Gorgerous Gary Golden teach me Vicissitude? cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:20 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Tzimisce. Cookies to whom guess why cyclops

Tzimisce or no, moral relativism is a trap you best not fall into. This is the trap of panic-stricken children masquerading as men who secretly fear responsibility to such an extent as to contrive an epistemological construct to gird their own terrified hearts.

Those who command others to commit ethnic cleansing and genocide are such men. Such cowards.

I am Gangrel. For every one of these men I eat, another takes his place.

When will it end? Dear God, when will it end?

I am tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
In regards to the "path of enlightnment", i myself believe that anyone who stops progressing in at least one area is a waste as a human beign.

Sounds pretty harsh to me. Now I understand I may have judged you wrongly, but hey, all I know about you is what you write here. You can't really say such extreme things and expect me to know better. Besides, what you wrote affects me as well, because I often have huge motivational problems and do not progress in some areas. Therefore, by your logic, I am a waste of human being. Perhaps I am taking this too personaly, but I think you need to think a bit about what you say or at least take responsibilty for it, instead of backing out of basically everything you said.

You must understand - the tone of your post was rather agressive toward a large group of people (to which I think I belong) and I simply said some things to encourage you to reconsider this. There's simply no point in looking down on others because they can't handle their lives as well as they should.

On the other hand, you did answer the question in the topic's title very well, can't argue with that.


Also, this:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Also, your logic is flawed. To say that i can't have one opinion formed on a subject if i'm not directly involved is perphaps one of the most weird things i've ever read. So if you're not a cop who arrests murderes, you should have no opinion formed about murder and murderers?

I don't really understand. I can't make you not take a stand on some things. I only said that you shouldn't be so harsh in your judgement. I don't think we fully understood each other, but it's OK - that's how it often is on the internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:04 am

This is turning into a troll thread. Abandon ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah I guess. It seems I should add Brujah to my clanlist for losing temper over such trivialties Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

zoo,

I never mentioned anything about moral relativism. scratch

aqui,
Sorry if it appeared as if i'm trolling people here, but believe me, i'm not.

Celsius,
i never "backed out", i simply stated that it was my opinion and not a desire to change everyone whether they wanted to or not.

Motivational issues can be dealt with. That's how progress is made cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What clan are you?   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What clan are you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New CLAN : Brutes_NeVeR_DIE
» Omicron Provisional Galaxy of Clan Blood Spirit
» Clan Skryer 2250
» Clan Eshin 2000 pts
» Clan | Die alten Haudegen

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: