Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:52 am

SPOILER ALERT. (There, I said it. As if everyone on this forum hasn't played the game dozens of times.)

I posted a topic a while back about the zombie hunt in Hollywood (name of quest: "You Only Die Once a Night'). In that post, I mentioned that I usually procured a hooker for Romero, instead of making sure no zombies got out, because when I started plaing VtMB I couldn't beat them. Well, I recently managed to kill the zombies playing a Nosferatu (finally), so I decided to fight them this time too. I'm playing a Gangrel now, and the only way I beat them was to use the fire axe instead of Protean discipline (The timing of the combat is different with claws; I'm not used to it yet). Got the rifle, as well as XP and a dot in Firearms.

However -- I went back to Romero's shack afterwards, to say hello (er, actually to empty out his gun chest, but I said hello first because I'm weird). He told me how things were with him, and then I noticed the line of dialogue that asked if he needed me to do anything else. He told me how he'd like some lady companionship, and I said I'd bring him back someone. It allowed me to do the 'Pimpin' for Romero' quest, after I'd done the zombie hunt.

I had no idea the game would let you do both quests! Otherwise, I'd have beaten the zombies long ago. [I'm kind of an XP whore. Smile ] He didn't raise my Firearms skill in the second quest, but more XP and money is fine with me. If I hadn't insisted on playing a Nossie last time, I'd never have beaten the zombies (because you can't get him a hooker with the Nos, so I had to fight). And if I hadn't played something else after that, I'd never have discovered that you can do both quests.

I guess it shows that no matter how many times you've played this game, you can still learn something new. Cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 am

PGM1961 wrote:
(I'm kind of an XP whore. Smile )

Me too.

"Thanks for the tips compadre."

"Anytime Romeo, uh, Romero. Heh-heh-heh, later."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 am

PGM,

Don't kill me if this isn't correct but I thought that Wesp changed it so you could do the Pimp' Quest after completing the zombie quest, which in my opinion was a great idea! Now some people may say that it's not fair that all the clans can do this except Nossies but in TFN the Samedi will have the option to get an extra haven that nobody else can get so it evens out.

I plan on keeping TFN the same as what Wesp did because I love doing both quests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 am

are you going to change the map? or does the samedi get a heaven in an existing sewer or sth? or is it simply the nossi heaven?^^ (yea i ask questions a lot^^ but my blood is going to boil soon so maybe i die before halloween so i need to know these facts Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am

Well, since there are not going to be any Nosferatu in the game I think I can guess which haven it'll be. Smile
The Tremere haven can be excluded, I'm pretty sure there's no way to set up a Samedi in a Tremere chantry. Not unless he's kept prisoner or something. Laughing

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Ya, the old Nosferatu Haven is actually occupied by the new Assamite NPC Akeem. Once you complete the quest he gives you he will no longer need it and offers it to the Samedi character only, granted you don't piss him off or make enemies with him first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Eliza wrote:
Well, since there are not going to be any Nosferatu in the game I think I can guess which haven it'll be. Smile
The Tremere haven can be excluded, I'm pretty sure there's no way to set up a Samedi in a Tremere chantry. Not unless he's kept prisoner or something. Laughing
Why not? Strauss needs someone to replace his lost gargoyle lol!

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
PGM,

Don't kill me if this isn't correct but I thought that Wesp changed it so you could do the Pimp' Quest after completing the zombie quest, which in my opinion was a great idea! Now some people may say that it's not fair that all the clans can do this except Nossies but in TFN the Samedi will have the option to get an extra haven that nobody else can get so it evens out.

I plan on keeping TFN the same as what Wesp did because I love doing both quests.

I didn't know whether it was there from the vanilla game, or added in the unofficial patches, because I'd never done it before. I just know that it felt cool finding something new in the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 am

The cause of all mods pretty much Smile The thrill of novelty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:07 pm

8people wrote:
The cause of all mods pretty much Smile The thrill of novelty.

Here here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 am

Shabutaro wrote:
are you going to change the map? or does the samedi get a heaven in an existing sewer or sth? or is it simply the nossi heaven?^^ (yea i ask questions a lot^^ but my blood is going to boil soon so maybe i die before halloween so i need to know these facts Smile)
Don't play with those pesky Tremere that often, it seems to be bad on your blood Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 pm

well i love magic classes so^^ cuz of that Tremere was my first on CE and Baali will be my first on TFN Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Magic classes seem so much easier, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I told you you can do both quests now right away in your zombie thread... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:43 am

Kelben wrote:
I told you you can do both quests now right away in your zombie thread... Wink

Huh. Missed it. I did take your advice on zombie fighting, though. If it's not banging on the gate, don't kill it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:25 pm

No harm dude, I didn't spoil the good surprise then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 am

Well, found a few other new things I'd never noticed before. (Yes, I'm playing again. Every time a new edition of the mod comes out, I have to play a few characters to see what's new. I'm hopeless.) Guess I'm just paying more attention now, or something.

SPOILERS!!! If you haven't played the game yet (then why are you here reading this?), or if you just like to find everything yourself, don't read further.

Some of the things I've noticed:
- The other patient in the Santa Monica clinic, the ones with Dr. St. Martin, is now human. In the vanilla game, he's a vampire (you can tell by his aura). Not sure why that was changed; maybe it was an error originally.

- I'm sure everyone knows that if you have a high Seduction feat (>3), you can have sex with Jeanette before you leave to slash the paintings in Gallery Noir. But I never noticed that you are two blood points down after you leave her presence! I suppose it could simply account for the time you spent with her (although it was only about thirty seconds in real time); but I prefer to think the PC and Jeanette did a little vitae exchange, hehe. Interesting. One drink = 1/3 of the way to a blood bond, so you're not bonded yet, but you do like her a little more. This is a good rationale for why you bother to keep Therese from killing Jeanette later (and why she listens to you).

- In addition, if you check Jeanette's computer the next chance you get, there is a new entry in her 'Contacts' list. It's someone she calls 'Duckling', who she calls 'her new kitten'... and she gives them 3 stars. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am

Actuallyyyy

The blood loss from the sex is because vampires have to spend blood to enable intercourse (you know, getting wet, having an erection, allowing sensitivity...).
(at least in the pen and paper game ^^')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Claudia wrote:
Actuallyyyy

The blood loss from the sex is because vampires have to spend blood to enable intercourse (you know, getting wet, having an erection, allowing sensitivity...).

What a relief.

Last edited by z.o.o. on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Claudia wrote:
Actuallyyyy

That explains one blood point, but not two. I still think there was a little exchange of bodily fluids... just not the normal way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Claudia wrote:
Actuallyyyy

That explains one blood point, but not two. I still think there was a little exchange of bodily fluids... just not the normal way.

Well, not one blood point. It's a little bit more complicated. To simulate the human body to the extent of having sex (or at leist to feign as if), you have to spend 10 - Humanity blood points. And yes, that means vampires with a Humanity rating of 10 achieve this feat without spending blood at all.
(Hope I'm right on that. I still don't trust my memories that much... but I'm pretty sure)

TAXI CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 pm

It's 10-humanity blood points spent to emulate a particular trait of life. So... one to get it up, one to be warm, one to fake breathing, etc.

Could easily have been 2 points to have sex and be warm, because who honestly likes to cuddle something cold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 am

In VtM, blood cost to simulate breathing, etc. is 8 - Humanity. Anything above Humanity 7 can do this without blood expenditure. At the time my most recent character fooled around with Jeanette, my Humanity was 10. So the game obviously doesn't follow that formula. It's just a fixed amount.

(Some might call my character a goody-two-shoes, but hey-- if being good gets you XP, then sign me up for bible study... as long as Hunters aren't teaching the class.) Smile

I ran through that part again, and the game only took one blood point for my tryst with Jeanette... I lost a point just before speaking to her, due to normal blood loss. I didn't notice that before. So I guess you don't feed from each other after all... unless we took the same amount from each other. Still in the realm of guessing.

Oh, well. Of course, the bad part about fooling around with Jeanette is that, deep down, Therese knows what you did. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:29 am

Yes, I think one point of bloodloss for having sex with Jeanette or Romero is a fixed value. The second one you mentioned probably was due to normal bloodloss during the dialogue.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!   Today at 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1