Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

problem while escaping the society of leopold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zelveck
Fledgling
Fledgling

problem while escaping the society of leopold Empty
PostSubject: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:33 am

i have a problem. In the part where one must escape in a boat beneath the caverns before the place blows out, it closes the game after the loading screen finishes to fill out. i've tried many times but it always closes the game in the same loading screen... anyone knows how can i fix this?

(the game runs fine in my pc)

thx in advance bounce
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 am

Zelveck wrote:
i have a problem. In the part where one must escape in a boat beneath the caverns before the place blows out, it closes the game after the loading screen finishes to fill out. i've tried many times but it always closes the game in the same loading screen... anyone knows how can i fix this?

(the game runs fine in my pc)

thx in advance bounce

This was a problem with the original game release, they had to provide the 1.2 official patch to fix it. I'm not sure if this is the exact problem but just in case make sure you installed the 1.2 patch before the camarilla patch as I'm not sure the camarilla patch contains the official 1.2 patch.

Otherwise if you have installed the official patch please ignore me.. >>
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 am

Camarilla Edition 1.4 includes the unofficial patch v7.0, which is supposed to include all of the changes in the Official patch v1.2. At least, that's what it says on the website for the unofficial patch (everything after patch 6.0 has 1.2 included). So that shouldn't be the problem.

Either CE 1.4 wasn't installed correctly, or you used a Saved game from before the install, or something. I've never known anyone to have that problem after the patch was installed.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 am

me.

the game freezes.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Okay. Now I've only known one person to have that happen after the patch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:03 am

to me it has happened in CE 1.2 and CE 1.3, which suposedly incorporated those patches. the first time i played i already had patch 1.2, but that was ages ago and i barely remember. but i do believe that even then i had to use a cheat proposed in a walkthrough.

and on a side note, covered in another topic, before griffith park, when going to the last round, beckett should show up? he doesn't, and the game freezes as well.

i am starting to believe, i have no other choice, that it might be my computer, not a game bug. or somehow both.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:00 am

Velvet wrote:
and on a side note, covered in another topic, before griffith park, when going to the last round, beckett should show up? he doesn't, and the game freezes as well.

i am starting to believe, i have no other choice, that it might be my computer, not a game bug. or somehow both.

When I first started playing Bloodlines, I had the same thing happen... Beckett says, "Wait!" and my game freezes up... can't turn around to face him, nothing. This had never happened before. I had just learned about the console, and had put the " -console" at the end of the Target line, in my desktop shortcut. So I decided to remove the " -console" addition, and start over from my last saved game. It worked fine, when nothing else worked; even rebooting my computer. So every time I played Bloodlines, I made sure my console was disabled before I finished the Society of Leopold quest, and I never saw that particular bug again, except when I forgot and left the console enabled.

I've gone through two computers since then, and I've been told that the console has nothing to do with that bug. I kept the console enabled on this computer, just to see what happened, and the game didn't freeze up. So there was something about that old computer (running Windows XP) which didn't like Beckett talking to me -- at least when I had the console enabled. Smile Just one of the many strange quirks of VtMB.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:36 am

i will try to disable the console on those occasions - if i remember when the time comes.
but it was a "cheat" in the console that got me out of Society of Leopold, if it freezes again i will have to reenable it...

and on that subject i am still playing the game with the same computer, that happens to run with Windows XP, it might be just that. but then i am stuck with the bug, i cannot see a new computer in my near future.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Maybe turning it off after you finish the SoL quest is good enough. I used to save my game, quit to desktop, and make the change in the shortcut target line. Then I'd start the game again and keep going until I talked to Beckett, and it wouldn't freeze up. I have no idea whether this will work for you or not, but it seemed to do the trick for me. My computer at the time was Sony Vaio, running Windows XP. I never had trouble with the Society of Leopold quest after the patch, though.

Sometimes I think some malicious programmer at Troika put random bugs in the game, and if you fixed one another bug would be randomly enabled. It sure would explain a lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 am

i wil try that, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem while escaping the society of leopold   problem while escaping the society of leopold Empty

Back to top Go down

problem while escaping the society of leopold
Page 1 of 1