Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original heal rate when feeding

Go down 
+2
Childe of Malkav
Diago
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Diago
Fledgling
Fledgling
Diago

Original heal rate when feeding Empty
PostSubject: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 am

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ANSWERED AND MAY BE LOCKED BY THE MODERATOR

Original question:
Is it possible to edit a file somewhere so that you can adjust the heal rate when you feed from none-whatsoever, to something closer to the original unmodded version?
The Blood heal ability feels too artificial. Don't get me wrong it's an excellent mod, but this niggling feature is ruining the experience for me.

<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>
I found what I was looking for, and it was easier to change than I thought. the file rules.txt in your \Vampire\vdata\system folder has the following:

VampFeedingHeal_Info
{
"UsesRatio" "1"
"BloodToHealthRatio" "10"

}

"10" is the original heal ratio when feeding, in the mod it is set to "0", or no healing at all. I tested this to be the case.
Future players may refer to this if they have a similar preference.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, for my taste, the original rate of 10 is way to high, even in vanilla. But it's your choice and you are welcome to make changes in your copy to make it fit your taste better.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm

I have no problem with using blood heal during the "real" part of the game, but the tutorial kinda needs the healing factor of feeding, when Jack tells you to feed from the bum to heal.
Isn't there a way to keep it activated during the tutorial, maybe gaining the blood heal after feeding from the bum.

I wrote here because this thread reminded me of that, if it's the wrong place I apolgize, if not please answer if you can.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am

Nosferatu's Childe wrote:
when Jack tells you to feed from the bum to heal.

I always thought of it this way, when Jack tells you to feed from the bum to heal, he means use the blood you get from the bum to use your innate ability heal (Blood Heal). That's how I always think of it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Actually, in Bloodlines, the idea is that when you're feeding, you're also healing yourself.
It's not true in the pen and paper game, however.
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
when Jack tells you to feed from the bum to heal.

I always thought of it this way, when Jack tells you to feed from the bum to heal, he means use the blood you get from the bum to use your innate ability heal (Blood Heal). That's how I always think of it.

I can live with that What a Face, I always forget to use bloodheal there though, but that's my fault.

Quote :
Actually, in Bloodlines, the idea is that when you're feeding, you're also healing yourself.
It's not true in the pen and paper game, however.

You know, i've never played the pen and paper game, is it too different from bloodlines and redemption?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

(I'll PM this)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Claudia wrote:
(I'll PM this)

Either that or start a new section on the forum. This should be a bit lengthy study study study

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Claudia wrote:
(I'll PM this)

Either that or start a new section on the forum. This should be a bit lengthy study study study

- geek

Or simply post Rapidshare links to all the books lol!
Anyone who has any questions on lore will be directed there and told to report back after reading everything Laughing That would give all a pause.
Btw, Dark Ages: House Tremere is great. Finished reading yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Hm, I don't know if that's a good idea. Personally I'd probably log out to never return, if I was just pushed forward to a giant set of books to read.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, I don't know if that's a good idea. Personally I'd probably log out to never return, if I was just pushed forward to a giant set of books to read.

- geek

I tried to be ironic. Will try harder next time...
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Alright, I've made a post over in General section Smile
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for making the post about it Very Happy , I read what you wrote so far about blood and generation, it's really interesting.
One more request, could you please tell me the name of the books?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:59 am

http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Masquerade-Revised-Justin-Achilli/dp/1565042492

Here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:03 am

ALL of them!? Man, I would get old in front of the monitor before finishing lol!
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Claudia wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Masquerade-Revised-Justin-Achilli/dp/1565042492

Here Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy

Quote :
ALL of them!? Man, I would get old in front of the monitor before finishing lol!

When you say it like that I get the feeling i'm going to have to read a lot of books study
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Alright, you want numbers ?

For Vampire the Masquerade only (no Kuei Jin, no Victorian Age, no Dark Ages), there are about 100 books published in total (on two and a half editions).

Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Shocked , HOLY SHIT..............oh well, it's worth it, besides i'm probably not gonna read all the 100, but maybe 99 of them What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Shocked , HOLY SHIT..............oh well, it's worth it, besides i'm probably not gonna read all the 100, but maybe 99 of them What a Face

AHA, Alas but nobody told you the rest of the rules. You have to read all of them.... in Chinese!!! Have fun Sweetheart! LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

AHA, Alas but nobody told you the rest of the rules. You have to read all of them.... in Chinese!!! Have fun Sweetheart! LOL Razz

Zer0, you're wrong there. Not in Chinese, except for the rules concerning the Kuei Jin. The ones about Kindred have to be read in some kind of really ancient Hebrew! study

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Zer0, you're wrong there. Not in Chinese, except for the rules concerning the Kuei Jin. The ones about Kindred have to be read in some kind of really ancient Hebrew! study

- geek

I thought they were in Latin, no? lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

I thought they were in Latin, no? lol!

Nope, much older. Even the first written texts of the christian Bible were in Greek, and translated only later translated, when the Patriarch of Rome decided to become the Pope, and more important than the other Patriarchs.

Well the texts on the dark ages probably are in Latin.

-
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 am

Yep, most texts are in Dark Ages Latin.

But Dark Ages Latin is not the same as antique Rome Latin (it's like comparing leet speak to Shakespeare English)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original heal rate when feeding   Original heal rate when feeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Original heal rate when feeding
Page 1 of 1