Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elder Vamps

Go down 
+4
ThePhilosopher
Childe of Malkav
PGM1961
tarsos11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:18 pm

throughout the game you get to meet older vamps that teach you thing or help you if you share a clan with them.
can someone post a list of these vamps + locations and given boost?

the reason i ask this is because i talked to jack once and he said something about dusting a malkavian under an ubundon hotel?
is there a malkavian you meet in the game other then grout? (how's dead.....er)
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:38 pm

tarsos11 wrote:
throughout the game you get to meet older vamps that teach you thing or help you if you share a clan with them.
can someone post a list of these vamps + locations and given boost?

the reason i ask this is because i talked to jack once and he said something about dusting a malkavian under an ubundon hotel?
is there a malkavian you meet in the game other then grout? (how's dead.....er)

The malkavian he's talking about is hypothetical. But there are plenty of people who will help you out in the game. I won't be too specific as to what you have to say, but here's a few.

SPOILERS!!! Danger Will Robinson!

First time you meet Nines at the Last Round, be nice and he'll boost your Brawl skill by 1 (but only if it's less than 3).

If you have Persuasion 5 when Larry asks you to do the 'Traffik' quest, you can persuade him to give you a discount (i.e. raise your Finance skill by 1).

After the Elizabeth Dane quest, go back to Nines and ask him if he has any advice. He'll boost your Melee skill by 1 (if it's less than 3).

In the Museum, if you talk to Beckett and tell him that you think all of this Kindred history stuff is 'fascinating', he'll raise your Scholarship by 1.

In the Hollywood cemetery, if you manage to pull off at least one quest for Romero, you can ask him to raise your Firearms skill. (Not sure if there's a cap on this. In vanilla, I think it used to be only if you had no more than two dots already, but now he'll still train you if you have a 3 in Firearms.)

After the Warrens, if you retrieve Bertram's disk he'll boost your Computer skill by 1 (But you find a book that will do the same thing in the Internet Cafe in Hollywood, so don't boost it higher than you have to before this, or you'll waste XP.)

Talking to Beckett before the Society of Leopold quest, depending on your answers you can get a boost to different things -- or at least it used to be this way; not sure how much has changed. I usually use the Persuasion line to tell Beckett I'm fascinated by him; this gets me 1 XP.

This is just off the top of my head; there are probably a few others I've forgotten. I've heard that Beckett can raise your Protean by 1 at some point; but since I didn't like playing as Gangrel and won't be playing one again, I'm not interested in finding it.

This also does not include all of the chances to raise your Humanity. But if you do nice things for people, and avoid being too much of a jerk, this will come naturally.

Obviously, once you know some of this, you can spend your XP accordingly. For example, I never raise Brawl or Melee above 1 at the start, so I can still get the boost from Nines (which brings you to 2 dots). Then you find books that will raise these skills by 1, but it makes more sense to spend 6 XP to raise it to a 3 and then read the book, rather than reading the book, and then having to spend 9 XP to raise Brawl/Melee to 4.

[Unless you're a stubborn bastard like me, who doesn't like the fact that you can no longer sell the books to Larry or Trip and buy 2 copies back, thus turning a 1 pt. increase into 2. Someone who's stubborn might use the console to get an extra book, and read it again. Why stop reading a training manual halfway through?]
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Here's a bit more on the spoilers:

- actually the Nines bonus on melee isn't capped at all, but you don't need it at a higher level, as there are books for melee medium and high grade. (Milton and Fu Syndicate, but there you need lockpicking 10)

-for Beckett in the museum, you have to ask him about every possible topic to get the boost. In vanilla and the base patch, you only get a bonus when your current level is 2 or less, in the plus patch, its 3 or less, in CE 1.4, it's unlimited.

- Romero at the cemetary is the same as with Beckett in the museum. But remember there is a high grade firearms book in the society

- Beckett in the Tower can teach you in different things, but in most cases the character has already exceeded the limit at this point. If you're Gangrel he can teach you any one of the clan disciplines, but only for current level of two or less. So usually your best bet is to go for the 1xp for asking about him. (needs good persuasion though)

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
- actually the Nines bonus on melee isn't capped at all, but you don't need it at a higher level, as there are books for melee medium and high grade. (Milton and Fu Syndicate, but there you need lockpicking 10)

I think it was capped at one point... pretty sure I remember having a 2 Brawl and not getting a boost. However, that was years ago... Interesting. Yeah, Fu Syndicate you need 10 Lockpicking to get the Melee book... plus in that room you find evidence on the computer that Ming Xiao is planning to kill your friend Wong Ho and his daughter.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
-for Beckett in the museum, you have to ask him about every possible topic to get the boost.

I always ask about every topic I can anyway, so I didn't know it was a requirement. Smile

Childe of Malkav wrote:
- Romero at the cemetary is the same as with Beckett in the museum. But remember there is a high grade firearms book in the society.

Those poor Monastery guys. I usually try to kill as few hunters as I can, but if they're between me and an ability boost... Well, too bad so sad you're dead, guys. Twisted Evil

Childe of Malkav wrote:
- Beckett in the Tower can teach you in different things, but in most cases the character has already exceeded the limit at this point. If you're Gangrel he can teach you any one of the clan disciplines, but only for current level of two or less.

If your clan disciplines aren't higher than 2 by this point, WTF are you spending XP on? Smile Guess that's why he didn't offer to help my Gangrel.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 pm

You can also use Intimidation to get Fat Larry's Finance bonus. I don't know the exact requirement thought, but i think it's also 5
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 pm

SPOILER
Beckett could rise your scholarschip after Museum, but you need to get him to ask you if you know who Dracula was. Honestly, I have went through those dialogues so many times it's no brainer by now. I don't even think which lines to pick, I just do it. Too bad...
Back to top Go down
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 pm

tnx it will be tested....
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 am

Feral wrote:
SPOILER
Beckett could rise your scholarschip after Museum, but you need to get him to ask you if you know who Dracula was. Honestly, I have went through those dialogues so many times it's no brainer by now. I don't even think which lines to pick, I just do it. Too bad...
Let's spoil on:
The thing about Dracula is in the tower before you go to Leopold (a good name for a turtle as the Malk says). But as I mostly play persuasive types, and you need persuasion 9 to get the info from two of the Giovannis, my scholoarship is at 5 already hwen I get to this dialogue.
Btw, if you have persuasion of 9 (I'm not sure if it works with seduction or intimidation as well) you can get an extra xp for asking the prof how he got the info about the sarcophagus.

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:09 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Let's spoil on:
The thing about Dracula is in the tower before you go to Leopold (a good name for a turtle as the Malk says). But as I mostly play persuasive types, and you need persuasion 9 to get the info from two of the Giovannis, my scholoarship is at 5 already hwen I get to this dialogue.
Btw, if you have persuasion of 9 (I'm not sure if it works with seduction or intimidation as well) you can get an extra xp for asking the prof how he got the info about the sarcophagus.

- geek

Didn't know about the Dracula thing. Like you, I usually have everything too high to benefit from any ability boost at this point.

To realize Prof. Johansen isn't being totally honest with you, you need a minimum Inspection of 5 (or maybe just a minimum Perception of 3) in addition to high Persuasion.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
To realize Prof. Johansen isn't being totally honest with you, you need a minimum Inspection of 5 (or maybe just a minimum Perception of 3) in addition to high Persuasion.
Now that's something I'd like to hear about. Spoil me.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Now that's something I'd like to hear about. Spoil me.

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!! Blah, blah. (For those who don't want to know.)

Not much to it. If you meet the requirements, a blue Persuasion line will appear, where you tell Johansen he's leaving something out. Pursue that, and he admits to being given the instructions on where to find the sarcophagus and the key, which was nearby. But as Childe of Malkav said, you get an extra XP for this.

Oh, and Malkav was right about no cap on the Melee increase from Nines. But if you have Brawl any higher than 2 the first time you talk to him, he won't give you a boost.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Holy shoot! What requirements? I played as Malk with Persuasion, but never ever could I choose that line!
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Holy shoot! What requirements? I played as Malk with Persuasion, but never ever could I choose that line!

The requirements Malkav and I were talking about. Persuasion 9, Inspection 5 (and/or Perception of 3, not sure; I had both). Sometimes you don't bother raising a Malk's Perception very high, because Auspex can boost it anyway. But you can't use Auspex during conversations.

Another situation where this comes in is when you talk to Knox in the Asylum, and he gives you the Asian Vamp quest. If your Inspection feat is 3 or above, you will detect something is wrong with his story. When you press him about it, Knox will admit that Bertram told him what to say, and send you after the Kuei-jin. Knowing this will get you 2 extra XP when you agree to look into it for him. (Not sure if there's a Persuasion requirement for this... I'd have to go back and experiment.)
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks. I saw through Knox. Laughed hard Smile
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Took me forever to find out about Knox.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm

simison wrote:
I must admit, I got this from the walkthrough on Gamesbanshee. (Psst, Don't tell anybody)
And I didn't know about the perception requirement for the professor. When i get to Leopold the turtle, I usually have Perception maxed out to be able to use the sniper rifle and the Steyr with enough accuracy for the scope.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

I must admit, I got this from the walkthrough on Gamesbanshee. (Psst, Don't tell anybody)

My lips are sealed. *pulls zipper over lips* Not sure what I can do for my hands though.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
simison wrote:
And I didn't know about the perception requirement for the professor. When i get to Leopold the turtle, I usually have Perception maxed out to be able to use the sniper rifle and the Steyr with enough accuracy for the scope.

I never bother with guns. I also don't need 3 foot high streamers to highlight loot, since I actually look around the old fashioned way. (Example: I found the secret doors in the Grout and Giovanni mansions on my own.) So I rarely have Perception very high, unless I'm playing a Malkavian. But when I get to a point and an NPC doesn't say something I know they've said before (or they say something new), I start experimenting with XP and stats until I find out why.

All the info I posted on the previous page, I found out the hard way. I just recently discovered the stuff about Romero at the Hollywood cemetery (another thread, I won't repeat here). That's only because I always skipped the zombie mission, until recently.

BTW, I think Shelly is a better name for a turtle than Leopold. Smile
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 pm

I stumbled upon Knox being an actor on my first run through. The vague thrill of uncovering some secret and then the frantic follow up of "Wait... what else will I have missed because my OTHER stats are low?!"

Most likely the cause of my numerous playthroughs, I believe 2.5 pre-modding, once with each clan with the pnp mod thing and so far have been far too slow with CE and still on first playthrough, stupid real life suddenly going *cough* "Remember me?"
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm

8people wrote:

Most likely the cause of my numerous playthroughs, I believe 2.5 pre-modding, once with each clan with the pnp mod thing and so far have been far too slow with CE and still on first playthrough, stupid real life suddenly going *cough* "Remember me?"

It doesn't like being ignored, does it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elder Vamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Vamps   Elder Vamps Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Vamps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: