Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Old School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Armond
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Old School   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Ok, i'm very new here. I did alot of google searching and this site is the most detailed and predominant. I'm running an old school Vampire The Masquerade. I'm running Gehenna. My group is very powerful. They are beginning to hunt down and confront Antideluvians. So far the intrigue and traps have managed to slow them and keep them entertained just using 1-8th level disciplines. But sooner or later they will have to meet up with a 3rd generation kindred. I was curious if anyone out there has old school character sheets for this vampires. If this isn't the place for this question I apologize for bothering you. But if anyone knows the answer to my question, please email me.

Armond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Welcome Armond, glad you made it to TCI.

I personally don't have any old school character sheets but some of the guys/gals around here probably do, we have alot of PnP guru's floating around that check the postings daily, hopefully one of them will respond soon.

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm

The third generation never had official character sheets, only fan ones.

However they would be easy enough to make using rules from, say, Elysium for examples on how many extra points for age they should get (active time only) and using Dark Ages character sheets as templates for the skills. (Most haven't been awake since the invention of the mechanical clock, let alone a car or computer)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Sorry, but no group I was in ever faced anything that powerful. At our ability levels, we knew that we were better off never finding any Methuselahs, because we didn't want to meet our Final Death. Smile

Basically, an Antediluvian can have any stats you want them to have. I'd guess all their clan disciplines would be maxed out at level 10, for starters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nocturne.haarlem
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 am

Maybe this list will help you somewhat, it contains stats for almost all of the power characters from VTM.
But like 8people says, there are no character sheets available for antediluvians. So you have to make them by scratch i guess.

http://planet-vampire.com/main/forum/index.php?topic=4706.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nocturnehaarlem.nl/
Nezumi
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 am

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm of little use here myself, but should you even be in need of some powerful werewolf characters I might be of some help... I'm afraid most of my source books are W:TA..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armond
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 am

Well thank you for the links. And maybe i'll use your werewolves to give my group a challenge!! Much appreciated!

Armond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 am

As a OWoD Narrator, I'd say it's completly wrong to have your PC going for the big guys (and I'd guess they go for them like hunting and destroying, not with a plan XD).

Vampire the Masquerade is not an adventure and level up game, it's about personnal horror and hoplessness. Having your coterie like a group for Dungeons and Dragons means you missed the point of the game (which isn't a run for statistic power and "look at my sheet I haz many dots lols").
Werewolf is more of an adventurous game ;-)

Anyway anyone does what he wants with the game, but there's a philosophical problem here ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nezumi
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:55 am

Armond wrote:
Well thank you for the links. And maybe i'll use your werewolves to give my group a challenge!! Much appreciated!

Armond

Just send me a message if you do need a few characters, since there are a few game breaking abilities within werewolf I'll try to give you decent opponents and not ones with certain abilities.. Like a Silver Fang sixth rank skill that's basically destroy target undead, loose three permanent gnosis..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 am

That sounded like an effect of a Magic the Gathering card...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nezumi
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 am

Claudia wrote:
That sounded like an effect of a Magic the Gathering card...

Well I was putting it basically, there is a willpower role against it's effects but honestly if it succeeds all the silver fang has to do is stare at any creature beyond the realm of nature and return it to it's true form. Which in the case of a vampire would normally be dust. It's kinda game killing as on a fluke you could even destroy an antediluvian with it since it effects anything 'unnatural'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 am

Yeah I remember the power, but how you explained it sounded just like an effect of any card, so I loled Smile

Anyway, in the old WoD, it's hard to cross games.. kind of weird results with many contradictions and stuff (I'd even don't cross factions ! ^^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Claudia wrote:
Anyway anyone does what he wants with the game, but there's a philosophical problem here ^^

Can i help you with that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Claudia wrote:
As a OWoD Narrator, I'd say it's completly wrong to have your PC going for the big guys (and I'd guess they go for them like hunting and destroying, not with a plan XD).

Vampire the Masquerade is not an adventure and level up game, it's about personnal horror and hoplessness. Having your coterie like a group for Dungeons and Dragons means you missed the point of the game (which isn't a run for statistic power and "look at my sheet I haz many dots lols").
Werewolf is more of an adventurous game ;-)

I was thinking the same, but as you said, it's his game. Maybe his players aren't into plotting and roleplaying. Although, any game I was running the players had better not go looking for Antediluvians, because if they find one they're dead. Or maybe they've already found one, they just don't remember it because their memories have been altered. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 pm

I agree with Claudia. I dreamt about being 7th generation for 4. level powers, but I wouldn't dare to think I could think about Antedelluvians. And were we so stupid and met one, at that moment GM wouldn't hesitate to dust us.
Though I gave our GM hard time, not accepting role of a pawn... or trying to Smile ...at least I thought.

Anyway, I have lots of sheets for Vampires, but you will succed searching torrents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armond
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Well, for the record this game has been going on for years. The players started in the dark ages. And its not just a hack n bash game. As I said in my primary post, I use intrique, traps and politics just as much as anyone else. But after so many years of gaining power they aren't the low level primogen or even princes. The jyhad has started. The end is coming. My players aren't wanting to sit on the sidelines and wait for judgement day. That may be how your players roll, sitting and hoping for the best, but not mine. The antideluvians are stirring and making a mess as they strive to move about in a technological world. While their 'powers' are definately crazy powerful, their understanding of modern times is limited thus making masquerade breaches even more intense. The players want a chance at the big guys that are tearing up their world. Who am I to deny them? Dont get me wrong, I dont pull my punches.. but I let the characters do as they wish as long as they know there will definately be a price. This said, I can't plan to squash my players without at least the basics of a guideline for the 3rd generation vampires. The powers they have, the haven defenses they will have in place. So once again, hopefully someone can assist. (I know you said I can give them pretty much any ability I want. But I reserve that particular power for Caine alone. if the second generation can be destroyed, so can the 3rd, so only semi realistic character sheets and abilities plz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:04 am

Sounds like a really fun campaign to run Armond, wish I knew some good storytellers like you. The nice thing about VTM is that during the Final Nights, the ST can really go any direction he/she wants and things can get nuts on how the world "ends", unique to each ST.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Armond
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:26 am

Very nicely stated Morph. And I agree completely. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nocturne.haarlem
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:47 am

Armond wrote:
Well, for the record this game has been going on for years. The players started in the dark ages. And its not just a hack n bash game. As I said in my primary post, I use intrique, traps and politics just as much as anyone else. But after so many years of gaining power they aren't the low level primogen or even princes. The jyhad has started. The end is coming. My players aren't wanting to sit on the sidelines and wait for judgement day. That may be how your players roll, sitting and hoping for the best, but not mine. The antideluvians are stirring and making a mess as they strive to move about in a technological world. While their 'powers' are definately crazy powerful, their understanding of modern times is limited thus making masquerade breaches even more intense. The players want a chance at the big guys that are tearing up their world. Who am I to deny them? Dont get me wrong, I dont pull my punches.. but I let the characters do as they wish as long as they know there will definately be a price. This said, I can't plan to squash my players without at least the basics of a guideline for the 3rd generation vampires. The powers they have, the haven defenses they will have in place. So once again, hopefully someone can assist. (I know you said I can give them pretty much any ability I want. But I reserve that particular power for Caine alone. if the second generation can be destroyed, so can the 3rd, so only semi realistic character sheets and abilities plz)

I do think you need to construct them yourself (have searched google for a few examples.....alas, no such luck). But as far as i can say an Antediluvian should at least have the following characteristics:

The powers of a demi-god, which incorporates:
-An almost endless bloodpool.
-Stat caps of 10, but not in all, each one should have his specialities/preferences.
-The ability to repair his body in a matter of seconds.
-Go from 1 to 10 (or higher with all kinds of powers/special equipment and the like) in a physical attribute in a moments notice.
-Any discipline he wants and which were known/available during the time he/she went to torpor and only blood magic when it's Tremere himself. Newer disciplines are not available but could be once the antediluvian has had the time to learn them. Should be an easy task for him/her, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nocturnehaarlem.nl/
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

Oh, besides, most of these guys have a crazy amount of dots in Domination.. You know, giving orders to the whole city without even being councious about it (either the vampire or the dominated guys).. Like all actions that have been made to this day, you didn't even notice, you thought you were acting by your own free will.. BUT NO ! You got pwned by a 5th or 6th generation dude who wanted to nap and have his city taken care of Very Happy

That's what antediluvians are all about, but greater, meaner, and smarter.
Way smarter.

And the GM is never as smart as an antediluvian ('xcept maybe Enoia)... So playing with antediluvian npc is very hard, because your own intelligence has to invent what could have he done... But because he's smarter than you, you are limited to what actions can he make. Let's take our pal Tremere. how can you possibly imagine what kind of rituals he got active right now, with his brains, knowledge and tools ? You trying to "invent" this stuff is just wrong, because you have not studied magic for 500 years or so. Yeah you can imagine physical fights (even if you have not practiced them), but plans, plots, intelligence.. You can't fake them, you can't roleplay a character smarter than you Smile
And I'm not even talking Malkav here.
Proof ? You're looking for charactersheets ! Gehenna book has all descriptions you need to Antediluvians.

Even if they began in the dark ages, there are what, 9th, 10th generation ? Were they absolutly active all this time ? Are their sheets loaded with dots ? They have ressources, followers, ghouls, dominion, status and stuff. Why are they still PC ? At this point they should become NPC, there is no point in playing "dracula in my castle, sitting there and playing with my amazing powers roflmao".

There is no dispair, not darkness, not fatality. You need fatality. You need to create a Gehenna that whatever they do, they'll be screwed. Just.. they don't know it yet Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 pm

A little of topic, Claudia, what do you have against Enoia? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Enoia is awesome (Gaia, mother Earth or so) but she's not the smartest gal of the bunch (I mean, she's pure instincts and beast, she's not going to make plans or so).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Plus, one would hope that beings with such god-like powers would have the wisdom and maturity to use them wisely... but we're talking VtM here. Methuselahs have been talked about in the game material (Chicago by Night, etc.) and revealed to be just as petty and spiteful as their younger progeny.

However, Antediluvians have been around so long that their thoughts and motivations are no longer remotely human. That's one reasons why elder vampires are manipulated by the Ante's just as easily as the younger neonates. Nobody, even Kindred hundreds of years old, can comprehend the subtle plots of someone four or five thousand years old (or more).

Some young Kindred is running from a slavering pack of Lupines, desperate to return to his sire and deliver that seemingly unimportant piece of information. Yet the car he stole to get away is now spluttering to a stop, acting like it's out of gas even though the gauge reads 'F'. He has no way of knowing that the car he found parked in that convenient spot was left there on purpose, and the last mechanic was Dominated into screwing up the gas gauge; or that the reason the Lupines are on his trail is that one of the Garou had a dream where his spirit buddy warned him that 'defilers will walk the eastern trail today'. When the young Kindred is killed, his sire will never receive the information, which would have kept him from attacking his rival, and being killed in turn. Which leads to other events, and so on and so on. And this tiny manipulation was only one among hundreds, or thousands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School   Today at 12:38 am

Back to top Go down

Old School
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1