Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I beg of thee a sliver of information

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

I beg of thee a sliver of information Empty
PostSubject: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 pm

I begun playing redemption, and are forced to come to thee, in my quest for information, the fiend Dev/null in new york has a impregnable barrier and alas I find myself in need of thy help as i have searched vigorously for a solution and the only solution appears to be a savegame that seems to be forever out of my reach, I can only hope that one among you possesses such a savegame and that it is found within thy kindness to give it
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Sorry, no Redemption saved games. I still have the game, but have not played it on the new computer yet. What do you mean, 'impregnable barrier'? What part of the game are you at?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Never mind. I did some research on the problem, although i never ran into it myself. Other than finding a saved game from beyond that point (which you are already trying to do), here are some suggestions from the Planet-Vampire forum:

"Unfortunately, this is an all too common problem in the game. Some people have fixed it by reloading from the auto-save point (which would put you right back at the entrance to the apartment), and other people have resorted to backing up their save game files, then reinstalling the game."
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:01 pm

As it is i have already reinstalled the game...3 times...regardless it continues...the nullified deviant is forever out of my reach...however i have begun the game again and hope to not run into it again...I have scoured the Internet for such a savegame...but i have had no such luck...I thank thee for thy prompt assistance
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Sorry. I never had that problem. Are you sure you have all the most recent patches for the game?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm

I have saves from Redemption somewhere. What exectly part of a game are you in? What quest? I may do a little digging.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Feral wrote:
I have saves from Redemption somewhere. What exectly part of a game are you in? What quest? I may do a little digging.

If his problem is like the ones I've seen reported, he just met Samuel in New York, and was taken to meet Dev/Null. But he can't talk to Dev/Null, because there's some barrier that keeps him from getting close enough. So something not too far after that.

Of course, if it's anything like Bloodlines, he'll need to load the same patches you have, or the saved game will screw up.

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 am

OK, I found it. But the saves arent named in the folder. Their names are like location*number*. So I can't math those with New York and/or specific moment in the game. There are folders SP*numbers* in
C:\Program Files\GOG.com\Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption\SaveGames.
You would have to tell me which one is your last, so I could send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm

I apologize for my late answer, but my Internet has been taken away from me by the fiends at the Internet company...as it is i have reinstalled quite a few times and in one of those installations i lost the save games...I had backed them up mind you...but...through some idiocy of mine I inadvertently deleted them...well not exactly delete them so much as passed them of to the original folder without copying...and of course without noticing..and after that uninstalling and reinstalling yet again...i started from the beginning...and i can say that I'm quite hopeful that this particular bug will manage to evade me this time around...I'm 26% sure it will...yes that is hopeful for me...regardless i thank you for the magnificent help you give...however misplaced on an idiot that can no longer provide a simple piece of information so that you can help him...unless of course it applies to all save games and in such a case i can provide...otherwise I cannot...I expect that in the next couple of days I shall once again enjoy of the luxuries of Internet...for the time being i am bound to use my classroom's computer at my university...the one the teachers use anyway...i acquired the password...not by computer skills mind you...it was by the means of seduction...forgive me for ranting on like a fool
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:40 pm

No probs. Will be waiting till you got stuck again.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Again thanks for your help...but...I got a different copy of it...needless to say it worked this time...I simply couldn't pass up on conversing with that upstanding young "man"...all in all it went well...that and this new copy i got also fixed my patching issue...again thanks for the assistance...may your life taste sweeter...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:16 pm

There was a problem on some of the batches of CDs but developers couldn't identify a specific thing to patch it up so the community got a *shrug* in response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I beg of thee a sliver of information   I beg of thee a sliver of information Empty

Back to top Go down

I beg of thee a sliver of information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: