Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

(Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Why did I lose a Humanity point for killing the mugger in Chinatown? I don't really mind the loss, but it's not like I tried to talk him out of it, and then killed him anyway. I chose the line that read, "You picked the wrong guy to mug, come get some!" He came after me, and I killed him.

Another dialogue option, "I'm sure there is a misunderstanding here," also leads to him attacking you, and again you lose a point of Humanity when you kill him.

If your Persuasion is high enough, you gain a third dialogue option in blue print, "It is not wise to rob me, I have strong allies." In text, his response is "Yeah?"; but the audio response is, "You know who runs this place? You think you can take on everybody here? Huh, tough guy?" Reminds me of the old dubbed kung fu films, where they'd talk for twenty seconds and the English audio just said, "Yes!" Smile

The Persuasion dialogue prevents him from attacking you, but I feel that it's wrong to lose Humanity for defending yourself. In the tutorial, Jack says self-defense is a 'vital part of Humanity, after all.' Or is the loss of Humanity unavoidable, with the new Humanity script?

[PS - if the answer to the last question is 'Yes', my response is 'Why?' You never lost Humanity in the vanilla game, when the L.A. gangs killed each other.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nezumi
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:11 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Why did I lose a Humanity point for killing the mugger in Chinatown? I don't really mind the loss, but it's not like I tried to talk him out of it, and then killed him anyway. I chose the line that read, "You picked the wrong guy to mug, come get some!" He came after me, and I killed him.

Another dialogue option, "I'm sure there is a misunderstanding here," also leads to him attacking you, and again you lose a point of Humanity when you kill him.

If your Persuasion is high enough, you gain a third dialogue option in blue print, "It is not wise to rob me, I have strong allies." In text, his response is "Yeah?"; but the audio response is, "You know who runs this place? You think you can take on everybody here? Huh, tough guy?" Reminds me of the old dubbed kung fu films, where they'd talk for twenty seconds and the English audio just said, "Yes!" Smile

The Persuasion dialogue prevents him from attacking you, but I feel that it's wrong to lose Humanity for defending yourself. In the tutorial, Jack says self-defense is a 'vital part of Humanity, after all.' Or is the loss of Humanity unavoidable, with the new Humanity script?

[PS - if the answer to the last question is 'Yes', my response is 'Why?' You never lost Humanity in the vanilla game, when the L.A. gangs killed each other.)

Though it's a little unrelated, if you have a high enough seduction you can feed off him instead.. One would assume that a intimidation would also have effect..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 am

Nezumi wrote:

Though it's a little unrelated, if you have a high enough seduction you can feed off him instead.. One would assume that a intimidation would also have effect..

LOL My Assamite isn't going to be seducing anyone... not even in Santa Monica. Intimidation must not be high enough either. Besides, with my guy's Middle Eastern background I'm sure he doesn't think too highly of thieves. I'd rather kill the guy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

You're absolutely right PGM, I will look into why you are getting a Humanity loss and will fix it. You shouldn't be receiving one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 pm

I could not replicate this problem so I'm going to just assume it was a one time bug. If someone else reports it later then I will put more time into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown   Today at 10:18 am

Back to top Go down

(Not a bug) Mugger in Chinatown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1