Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putting in Mods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rathma
Fledgling
Fledgling

Putting in Mods Empty
PostSubject: Putting in Mods   Putting in Mods EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:04 am

First of all, hi to everyone here, first time poster here. Been a Bloodline fan since it got out and this would be about my seventh run, first with mods though so i have questions that need answers.

Got an install with the 6.9 patch as well as Camarilla edition 1.4, but i want some new textures and quests in. So my question is, is it safe to use the clan quest installer to put in that little extra textures, quests and alike? It seems to need to install the 6.9 patch but i already have it in. An older version of camarilla is bundled with it as well so i dont know if the cq will be compatible with the newer 1.4 camarilla i already installed.

Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Putting in Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting in Mods   Putting in Mods EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 am

CE changes way too many in core game files to be safe to merge with anything but textures or music. Sorry.

Last edited by Feral on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rathma
Fledgling
Fledgling

Putting in Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting in Mods   Putting in Mods EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:44 am

Feral wrote:
CE changes way to many in core game files to be safe to merge with anything but textures or music. Sorry.

Ok, are there any texture packs that work along with the camarilla? Like arsenal and silentmasqu?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Putting in Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting in Mods   Putting in Mods EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 am

Hi,
welcome to the community of bloodsuckers Twisted Evil

Arsenal mod should be safe. I'm not sure about silentmasqu. I have tried it with CE 1.3, and if I remember right it caused some minor problems. Or perhaps I only didn't like it. But to get rid of it if it doesn't work the way you want, you have to install everything again.

Generally for the installation you only need the basic game. The mods usually are built on one of the patches, and have all the files included.
And never use an old save file with a new patch/mod. This can (and most probably will) cause a lot of unpredictable problems, some minor, but it could crash the whole game.

It is safe to use any of the skins you can find to download for example on Planet Vampire.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putting in Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting in Mods   Putting in Mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Putting in Mods
Page 1 of 1