Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Increasing Texture Resolutions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 pm

I was playing around today with the textures of NPC bodies and noticed that some of the NPCs that have logos on their clothing, like Fat Larry had some pretty blurry graphics. I thought to myself, I wonder if I doubled the resolution of the graphic file and reapplied the logos, would it be rendered in the game as a better quality graphic? Well here's the results, I was really surprised how much better they looked and I wonder if this could be applied to all NPC body graphics... or even better to the other graphics like signs and bricks too.

1024x512 Resolution (Bloodlines Default)

Increased to 2048x1024 (The graphic was double in size but clearly worth it. I bet we could even take this resolution higher)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Hmm, I tried that for some of the paintings(such as the ones used in the Chantry, and Kings Way), but it didn't work. Though I just tried upping the res by making them say, 128x256, which did work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Well taking a small picture and making it bigger won't increase the resolution of the picture, it will just make the picture 'bigger'. What you would have to do is make the picture bigger, then reapply that painting in a higher resolution to fix that picture. So you would either have to manually cleanup the new larger sized picture or find that same painting in a higher resolution and make that the new picture.

I had to get on the internet and find the NBA logo (in a large resolution) and put it on larry's shirt, same with the Champion Logo, to make this work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:08 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Well taking a small picture and making it bigger won't increase the resolution of the picture, it will just make the picture 'bigger'. What you would have to do is make the picture bigger, then reapply that painting in a higher resolution to fix that picture. So you would either have to manually cleanup the new larger sized picture or find that same painting in a higher resolution and make that the new picture.

I had to get on the internet and find the NBA logo (in a large resolution) and put it on larry's shirt, same with the Champion Logo, to make this work.

I did use a higher res image, its just getting the right size to allow it to work. Most of the paintings in the game(not the ones in LaCroix's penthouse, or the Art Gallery), are 64x64 images, obviously stretched in game. The ones in Therese and Jeanette's room are not bad quality, but not very good either. Those I haven't tried to up the resolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:20 pm

nice idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Texture Resolutions   Today at 3:37 am

Back to top Go down