Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A few random questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quies
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: A few random questions.   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey, i'm probably a new face around here so i'll try to make this short. I really enjoyed CE and think it's a brilliant mod, but I do have a few questions/bugs that I came by in 1.4, hope someone can help me:

1)When you get Slashterpiece from Jeanette and are told about the charity box and where the money is going, i got a humanity loss ; Is this suppose to happen?

2)After Traffik , the option to persuade Larry for the extra point in finance never came up, but i did get one point in haggle that i couldn't account for.

3)The dominate response during Necromantic, when you need to get rid of the guy that managed to escape the hospital, never came up as well. I presume this is intended?

4)Same with the persuade option when talking to Boris about Venus ( i had persuade at 5 or 6 at the time if i remember right).

5) The library card that Heather gives you is the same one for Haxxor quest right?(i didn't get that far on my current playthrough)

6)And finally the new quest, that starts with "Bertram needs you" (that's the name I hope): what's the exact time frame permitted?Failed it since I didn't delete the reports in time, plus I didn't even notice I had the first part of the quest to start with. (got the picture then sent the email).

Thanks in advance for the answers.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Quies wrote:


1)When you get Slashterpiece from Jeanette and are told about the charity box and where the money is going, i got a humanity loss ; Is this suppose to happen?


Yep. You have to remember; your taking charity money. So whoever needed that money, isn't going to get it if you take it.

I can't answer the others, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Quies wrote:
Hey, i'm probably a new face around here so i'll try to make this short. I really enjoyed CE and think it's a brilliant mod, but I do have a few questions/bugs that I came by in 1.4, hope someone can help me:

1)When you get Slashterpiece from Jeanette and are told about the charity box and where the money is going, i got a humanity loss ; Is this suppose to happen?

Welcome to the forum Quies.

If your Humanity is high, accepting the quest without telling her you won't steal charity money costs 1 Humanity, in addition to the one lost during the actual theft. It's as though you're considering it. Did you respond with the lines "I'm not stealing charity money" and "I'm not stealing charity money but I'll do the rest"? Those are the lines that keep you from losing Humanity.

Quies wrote:

2)After Traffik , the option to persuade Larry for the extra point in finance never came up, but i did get one point in haggle that i couldn't account for.

Persuasion has to be 5 when you take the Traffik quest to get the finance boost. I've never had any problems with that.

Quies wrote:

3)The dominate response during Necromantic, when you need to get rid of the guy that managed to escape the hospital, never came up as well. I presume this is intended?

You need 3 dots in Dominate to make him forget. Makes sense, since 'Forgetful Mind' is a 3-dot power in the PnP game.

Quies wrote:

4)Same with the persuade option when talking to Boris about Venus ( i had persuade at 5 or 6 at the time if i remember right).

This one I had Persuasion 5, and I had no problems, either using persuasion to get past the guard outside, or talking to Boris. Don't know what to tell you here.

Quies wrote:

5) The library card that Heather gives you is the same one for Haxxor quest right?(i didn't get that far on my current playthrough)

In this mod (at least as of CE 1.4), the library card is a boost to your Research feat, not a quest item.

Quies wrote:

6)And finally the new quest, that starts with "Bertram needs you" (that's the name I hope): what's the exact time frame permitted?Failed it since I didn't delete the reports in time, plus I didn't even notice I had the first part of the quest to start with. (got the picture then sent the email).

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I usually wait until after the Elizabeth Dane quest, since I'm going to Santa Monica for that one anyway, but I always finish it before I go to Grout's mansion. Not sure what the hard deadline is.

Anyway, hope that answered most of your questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm

For Bertram needs you, here is the dependency.

"dependency" "G.Cathayan_Sent == 0 and G.Story_State >= 30"

Once you go past Story_State 30, it automatically fails the quest, however there is a glitch. It shouldn't fail the quest if you didn't even start it, and this bug has carried over to TFN. Once I fix it, I'll send it over to Malkav to put in CE, unless he fixes it first then vice versa. Either way it will get fixed.

Your best bet is to do this quest at the same time you go after the Cathayan, pick up the quick XP. Also in TFN this quest runs even further, it's the quest that introduces you to Akeem, the book dealer in Downtown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Ok here is my second post. I was looking at how the Bertram needs you quest is setup. I made it so that you can't receive the failure email unless you've access the Cathayan's computer at some point in the game. Also I set it so you won't get Knox's note to check your computer unless you've access the Cathayan's computer at some point as well.

I haven't tested this yet but nothing should fail and no notes should show up unless you've started the quest now. I'll let Malkav know of my fix for this.

Edit: Nevermind on fixing Knox's note, it wasn't broken, just the failure email.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Quies
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 am

Hmmm interesting, come to think of it, I did have 3 points in dominate when talking to the guy, but only upgraded to my 3rd point during the quest, not before it. Same with the other persuasion checks. Well thanks again for the answers, much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 am

Quies wrote:
Hmmm interesting, come to think of it, I did have 3 points in dominate when talking to the guy, but only upgraded to my 3rd point during the quest, not before it. Same with the other persuasion checks. Well thanks again for the answers, much appreciated Smile

When I went back to my saved games, I didn't add that third dot in Dominate until just before I found him in his closet. I got both the Persuasion and Dominate lines when we spoke. Sometimes there's more than one requirement. Is your Humanity high? Maybe if it's low, you don't care enough about saving him to bother erasing his memory. Just guessing.

Zer0Morph? Is there some other requirement before you get the Dominate line? Humanity, or Persuasion perhaps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quies
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Quies wrote:
Hmmm interesting, come to think of it, I did have 3 points in dominate when talking to the guy, but only upgraded to my 3rd point during the quest, not before it. Same with the other persuasion checks. Well thanks again for the answers, much appreciated Smile

When I went back to my saved games, I didn't add that third dot in Dominate until just before I found him in his closet. I got both the Persuasion and Dominate lines when we spoke. Sometimes there's more than one requirement. Is your Humanity high? Maybe if it's low, you don't care enough about saving him to bother erasing his memory. Just guessing.

Zer0Morph? Is there some other requirement before you get the Dominate line? Humanity, or Persuasion perhaps?

Yeah it was pretty high, I think I only lacked a point from max.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5162
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Quietus,

welcome to the forum Exclamation

For dominate, you have to be Ventrue to get the higher dialogue options. Tremere only get dominate 1 in dialogue. This is the usual setup from Wesps patch, and I didn't change anything about it.

The Bertram needs you quest must be completed before you set out for the museum.

For Larry, you have to ask him for a discount (or a big piece of the cake if you are Malkavian) when you accept the quest. You need persuasion 5. This also isn't CE specific. The "discount" is a +1 bonus in haggle.

The haxxor quest and the poster quest have been changed. You'll have to send different items.

In the slashterpiece quest you lose humanity if you agree to take the money, no matter if you actually take it or not. If you tell Jeanette you won't steal the money, but take it, you'll lose humanity then. It was set up like this for CE 1.2. I'm not sure if I changed that for 1.4, but I don't think so.

I didn't make any changes on the Boris dialogue. Usually I dementate him to shoot it out with Dima and then silently kill the surviver. I know you can persuade him to give the club to Venus, but I'm not sure about the requirements.

Hope I got all your questions covered.
- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quies
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:20 am

Yup that's about it, thanks a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 am

I do not who is that chick under the name of Silvia Black in the Tattoo parlor but I have a feeling that she is not a human even if white aura.After taking care of her...I am really confused why that happened I must say,I do not remember ever being judged by a Kuei-jin b4 Exclamation , let's s see here*takes a look at the Character Sheet ..Yeah that very weird she was not a hunter she was a Kuei-jin and I only have ONE broken mask now did not see that coming Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4362
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 am

Black is MV fixer... She cleans your mess, for a price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5162
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Kastor785 wrote:
I do not who is that chick under the name of Silvia Black in the Tattoo parlor but I have a feeling that she is not a human even if white aura.After taking care of her...I am really confused why that happened I must say,I do not remember ever being judged by a Kuei-jin b4 Exclamation , let's s see here*takes a look at the Character Sheet ..Yeah that very weird she was not a hunter she was a Kuei-jin and I only have ONE broken mask now did not see that coming Question Question Question
Silvia Blkack is a TFN only character and this is the CE part of the forum. If you keep posting without regards to that, I'll delete your posts.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 am

Voice I cannot find it!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Where can I find the Mail college thingy?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2142
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Kastor785 wrote:
Where can I find the Mail college thingy?

Check the computer in your haven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Kastor785 wrote:
Where can I find the Mail college thingy?

Check the computer in your haven.

Also the kafka terminal in hollywood internet cafe. (convenient new addition in 1.6)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A few random questions.   Today at 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
A few random questions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Random Questions.
» Random Funny Pictures
» Random titles hoo
» Driver Hotswap to AI Questions
» Your Opinion on the Random Dungeon Finder

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: