Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexan
Fledgling
Fledgling
Alexan

NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard Empty
PostSubject: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:55 am

Ok, this is a bug, but it exists in the 1.2 patch, Unofficial 7.2 as well, so I didn't think it appropriate to stick it in the bugs section.

NPC's tend to get stuck by the doors in some places, the most common for me is the Asylum. But it has happened in other locations. I usually just end up using the noclip console cheat to exit, as there is nothing else I can do. Every now and then they spasm, as if the trigger for them to move fires, but as they are stuck on the scenery they don't go anywhere.

The same tends to happen in the Junkyard, a car can get dropped in the way, if it is on its roof and the roof is facing me my character can push it out of the way, but the worst is when it lands right way up, on something else. (Boxes near the entrance tend to be a problem)

It cannot be pushed, you take damage if you touch the sides and you cannot jump up or over the car so it is either the noclip cheat or a reload.

Anyway to prevent this happening?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:10 am

Honestly I rarely have an issue with either. Whenever I have an NPC in my way not moving, I ran up and jump/crouch on to their head and they do a SWAT roll out of the way. In the case with tight doorways, I'm not sure if that would work, but in open areas like hallways it works quite well.

For the junkyard, I have never been blocked from getting to the Serial Killer. Sometimes I need to crouch, or jump/crouch to get over something, but I'm always successful with a simple push or poke. Smile

Jump/Crouch is my cure-all solution for uncooperating NPCs and items that are in my way. Check it out if you haven't already, saved me many times for reloading or using noclip.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 am

What Alexan mentioned is rare, but it has happened to me both places. Sometimes the cars just fall wrong in the Junkyard, and I have to noclip past them. In the Asylum, the 'leisure suit Larry' guy got stuck in just the way Alexan mentioned, right at the doorway to the exit. I could noclip through him, but he was still there when I came back in. I ended up going back to a saved game before he got stuck, so I wouldn't keep having to noclip through him.

I never reported this, because I figured that it couldn't really be fixed... just part of the random glitchiness that is Bloodlines.

Man I'm looking forward to the MMO.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Man, I HATE this game!!! LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:19 pm

From my experience, in the junkyard sometimes you have to search a way through, but I can't remember ever to have got completely stuck.
For people in doorways, the only real problem I remember is Tawni's boyfriend getting stuck in the bathroom door. You can't do anything about him without messing up the quest.

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 pm

This was a while back, but as I recall I was leaving Asylum and turned the corner, just as a guy by the door was starting to walk back into the room. He turned to avoid me, like they do, and he faced the entrance doorway, but I guess they can't go out there, because he just made a little indecisive twitch and stood still. I backed off to let him move away from the doorway, but after a few seconds he merely twitched again, like they do when they're stuck. He was almost in the doorway, and there was no room to noclip above and drop down on him to unstick him. So I went through him into the entryway, and outside. However, he was still stuck when I came back in, so I just went back to a saved game before he got stuck.

As for the junkyard... you're right, usually you're able to either crouch and go under the cars, or jump over, or push them aside. But one time a few cars got jammed up at that far right corner, and I couldn't push them aside. When they're upside down, I can't seem to jump onto them either. So I noclipped past them.

This was a few years ago, but both cases were annoying (and unusual) enough that I remember them.

I never had Tawni's boyfriend get stuck, but one time he refused to go back into the living room so I could plant a camera in the bathroom. For what must have been a good fifteen minutes, I was crouched behind that screen, and he did nothing but go back and forth from the bathroom to the bedroom, where he would talk on his phone. He must have been talking to someone about how he had the runs, or something. Smile I swear, I lost count at about a dozen trips to the john.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Well yes. This gui seems to be in love with both, his cell phone and the toilet. Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard   NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC's blocking the doors and getting stuck in the Juckyard
Page 1 of 1