Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheating in TFN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm

After talking with Childe of Malkav, I revised and expanded the feature that someone implemented long ago where if you cheat on your stats during character creation, the game knows about it and Jack will say something at the beginning of the tutorial. I removed what they implemented but used the same technology, turning it into something a little more elaborate... and fun.

Now, if you cheat on your stats, Jack will hold an entire conversation with you with a total of about 8 new lines of dialogue. You can make choices on what to say to him, but in the end, he will make you re-roll your character. So in other words, exploiting the "Stat Cheat" in TFN is now impossible. Of course there's always the console commands if you really want to be dirty. Smile

Cheating in TFN 8xstbl
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

It should turn your character's model into LaCroix, and as you play the game he's constantly talking in that whiney little voice of his.

That sounds too cruel. Just make it blow up their computer instead.

-Foxi
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 am

Will that interfere with histories?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:23 pm

As far as I know, there is no problem with histories. At least not with the existing ones. And if I recall right, I didn't get to the cheat dialogue with the ones I wrote for myself. Editing clandoc000.txt on the other hand will cause trouble.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:46 pm

I would just edit the experience table file... Jack's judgemental gaze is more than I can take.

I don't think this change is very useful though. Is it necessary to remove the stats-cheat? Cheating in single player computer games is, imo, not as bad as cheating in the olympics... or in shooter games. Noone will ever know (if you don't cheat and bragg about it :/ ) and it's really not anybodys business. Too much experience points might ruin the game, but people who install TFN probably know what they're doing... more or less anyway.

'Course, it wont bother me rabbit I hope you at least make it as crual and funny as possible if you must change this.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Well, there are always the console commands "vstats get" and "giftxp #"...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:33 pm

8people wrote:
Will that interfere with histories?

To make this work properly, when I do create the histories I will need to make exceptions to the rules to accomodate the changes so Jack doesn't detect the higher numbers as cheating. But no, it won't be a problem and I will make sure I test every history I make to ensure no bugs exist.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Zer0, my tests on this matter indicate that what you can do with histories won't trigger Jack's cheating reaction.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheating in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating in TFN   Cheating in TFN Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheating in TFN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: