Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game won't let me out of the tutorial

Go down 
+2
Childe of Malkav
gruegirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gruegirl
Fledgling
Fledgling

Game won't let me out of the tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't know if I f*cked the installation up or what, but 2 things are happening since I installed Camarilla edition 1.4. onto my windows 7 machine using the Direct 2 Drive distribution.

First, there are textures missing in the introduction, my sire shows up with a pink and black checkerboard texture as does clothes tossed off the bed, by the time he's executed it all shows up right.

Second, when I get to Jack, the only option I have is "I have no valid response" at which point he leans back. I can attack the human, but Jack does not respond.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 am

HI,
first of all: Welcome to our forum Smile

Hm, I know i've read about a similar problem some time ago, but I can't remember and I don't find the topic right now. Might even have been on PV. scratch

Did you run the vanilla version (no patches/mods whatsoever, except the official 1.2 patch) or Wesps patches only? What happened? If you have trouble here, try XP or Vista compatibility mode.

The CE installer doesn't look for a registry key, but only prompts the standard directory for the cd version on Win XP. So in order to install a d2d verison on Win7 right, you have to select the installation path manually.
Have you installed both, the full mod and the patch?

If these general suggestions don't help, I need a bit of further information:
What clan/gender did you create, or did it happen for different characters?
Do you get VTMB CE 1.4.02 on the top left corner of the character creation window?, which background do you have there?
Where did you download the mod?
Did you install CE on a clean copy of the game? (an older CE version or a Wesp patch v. 6.5 to 7.0 probably won't cause trouble, but any other mod will cause unpredictable effects!)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:39 am

As what Malkav said... and it sounds like you used an already patched or modded version of Bloodlines to install CE 1.4 over. If true, you will want to wipe that out and start with a clean fresh copy of Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 am

I think that problem was beaing disscused after either Malkav or Zer0 uploaded a mod without packing textures and stuff in it. It was TNF, if memory serves, but I could be wrong. Maybe such broken copy lingers somewhere in the recesses of the internet?
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Same problem here. Clean copy but 7.8 Patch. + Cam Ed 1.4.5.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 pm

kyoden wrote:
Same problem here. Clean copy but 7.8 Patch. + Cam Ed 1.4.5.

If you read some of the installation notes with the CE mod (and several threads in this forum), it will tell you not to combine the game with any other patch or mod. So this is undoubtedly your problem. CE has the Unoffical patch already integrated, so there is no need for both. Childe of Malkav is working on a new version of CE with the UP 7.8 patch included, although I'm not sure when this is due.

I would suggest reading the installation notes in the future. Also, if you reinstall the CE mod, I wouldn't recommend using your saved games from the current game, since any glitches can carry over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game won't let me out of the tutorial   Game won't let me out of the tutorial Empty

Back to top Go down

Game won't let me out of the tutorial
Page 1 of 1