Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Several problems/bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
narbag
Fledgling
Fledgling

Several problems/bugs Empty
PostSubject: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello guys Smile

I'm facing a curious bug a little while now. Im playing the CE 1.4 and (i guess) after beating bishop vic, strauss disappeared and never came back until now (im in chinatown at the moment).

Problem 1:
imalia. i talked to her and accepted her quest to position the 3 webcams in this girls room. well, my inventory was full and so i only got 1 camera. but after leaving the nosferatu hideout and entering the hotel of this girl, the last camera vanished too... cant find in my inventory anymore.. wtf? what now?

Problem 2:
unfortunately, i drank blood of that guy standing around in the lucky star motel very early. Now, i have to talk to him because of velvet's quest. But I can't speak to him anymore -.-

Looks like my savegame is really fucked up : (

Hope that anybody can help me

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi,

welcome to CE Smile

Hm, what can I say? This is the first time I hear of Strauss disappearing scratch I have absolutely no idea what can cause this. The only things I can imagine is that either you have made a mistake while installing the game, used an old save file (this usually causes random unpleasant effects), or you're not using the real Camarilla Edition but one of the compilations (in that case I can't help you, and won't even try).

For the cameras, ever since the unofficial patches are out, the cameras are stacked. So the three cameras from imalia only use up one item slot. Did you do the theater on the schrecknet quest before going to Tawni's apartment? That might cause problems.
Have you entered the apartment? Do you get the use icon for the cameras when you approach the sparkleys?

For Hatter, you have to nudge him out of his trance. It's easiest if you have dominate or dementation. Then you can just use "trance" or "hysteria" on him and then walk into him. I'm not sure if this also works with presence or the ravens from animalism. Another option is to jump and then crouch while in the air, so you land on him and thus get him out of his trance. If this doesn't help either, your best bet is to hit him with your least damaging attack and hope that he survives it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
narbag
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

First, thank you for you fast reply : )

I installed it correctly and started a new game. furthermore i installed the original 1.4. CE ... isn't there a possibility to "spawn" him again via console?

You are right, i made the theatre schrecknet quest before... i get the icons, but they are not filled. and nothing happens if i press the use button.
little update: found the camera in my post box oO webcam 1/10

Your trick helped me. Thanks : ) i used hysteria
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 am

For the Strauss matter, that depends on what made him disappear in the first place. You can try to enter the following python command. You'll have to be in the chantry, and make sure you type it in exactly as I show it here. Python is very syntax-sensitive.

Find("Regent").ScriptUnhide()

If you don't want to run all the way back to the warrens to check if the cameras were dropped to the floor due to your inventory being full, you can get them back by spawning them via console. Better do it one by one as you need them. I'm not sure if giving multiple stackable items at the same time will work. The console command is

give item_g_wireless_camera_1

Hope this helps.

- geek
Back to top Go down
narbag
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 am

Hmm, this is what i get when typing in the command:

] Find("Regent").ScriptUnhide()
Usage: find <string>

What means the find string?

(games freezes too) ~~

Im standing directly in his room.

I got the camera just 1 time. used it in the apartment. but there are 2 spots left.... i spawned the camera and the "item gained" message appeared, but the game froze X)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 am

For the regent, I'm not quite sure. I never used the console for this kind of direct python commands. Probably got something wrong. Try this one instead: __main__.FindEntityByName("Regent").ScriptUnhide()

If you get problems with the game freezing when you close the console, use the command chareditor to exit the console.

- geek
Back to top Go down
narbag
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey Very Happy

Camera problem is solved. spawned them 2 additional times after leaving the console with the chareditor. worked fine. thank you very much.

Strauss is still vanished...

] __main__.FindEntityByName("Regent").ScriptUnhide()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'ScriptUnhide'

Unfortunately i cant finish the plaguebearer quest, as well as the additional option with the golem.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Glad I could help you so far. For Strauss we need a more direct approach. Check your PMs.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Several problems/bugs   Several problems/bugs Empty

Back to top Go down

Several problems/bugs
Page 1 of 1