Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to write

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

How to write Empty
PostSubject: How to write   How to write EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 pm

On a forum, most people have a certain way of writting.

When your character DOES something, I'll ask you to write it in italics and to narrate in third person. On a RPG table game, we usually narrate in first person, but on forums it just looks wrong.
When your character talks, it'll be normal basic text.
When your character thinks or uses a certain power (= stuff that concerns the GM), it'll be on spoil braquets. It'll avoid a bunch of MP and I trust you guys not to click on them expect when told to (this will avoid anyone knowing who knows and who doesn't know.. and if someone knows !)

I'd like to ask you to keep things quite simple, as most of us are not english speakers by nature. We are not writting a book, and even if the characters have a certain language level, they are up to date on vocabulary and grammatical sentences (probably not 1337 or pure ghetto speak, but no "nay" and "thy"). I'd like anyone reading us being able to understand what's going on, without having to read a 3 pages essay on why the character entered the front door with his right foot first instead of his left.

I won't ask for a number of lines per post, because the post lenght will depend on many things (a conversation will have more posts, but with less text, for instance).

Here's an example :

Claudia entered the Elyseum dressed in a cute reddish dress, black sandals and a 20's hat and pearls. She stayed a little in the entrance smiling and talking to her old friend, Laure the Elyseum keeper, banal talk about how their cotery member Jerome is not coming to parties anymore. She then proceded to salute present members, either very friendly or just polite. She then took a glass offered by Gosuin's ghoul and sat down and observe the place.

If you have Auspex 2 or Empathy 3:
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

How to write Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to write   How to write EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 pm

I don't suppose there is a way to edit replies, is there? I'm not quite used to the format yet.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

How to write Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to write   How to write EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Edit is not possible, but I can edit, so don't worry about format, I'll put it if needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

How to write Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to write   How to write EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:27 pm

The spoiler brakets are used like this :

[spoiler=xx] [/spoiler]

No space, no nothing Smile
(I put the brakets bold so you'd see the code)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to write Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to write   How to write Empty

Back to top Go down

How to write
Page 1 of 1